6

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

After I remembered my encounter with Queen Adhira, I remembered what happened next and how I got on my bed.

I prepared myself for the day but I didn't wore a single jewelry.

I have let the Arnav, yet again to witness my weakness. But he's helping me and he's trying to get on my good side. Thinking about it, he's been trying even before father died and father tried to help him but what my mother told me and kept on reminding me was to never let Adhira to come near me and I should take revenge, so I never agreed and till won't.

You must be thinking, it's Adhira she said not Arnav but 'what is the difference between a son and his mother', these are the words of my mother and it was what she taught me.

A fruit cannot fall far from its tree nor can an apple tree produce bananas and Queen Adhira has been doing alot of vile things to me and the treatment I got from her in my dreams is nothing compared to what I had suffered especially since my mother died.

Then I remembered, I dreamt of water again and I was almost drowning. Why do I always end my dreams almost drowning and why am I always afraid of water?

"Had a good sleep?"
A voice said from behind me but I very well know who it is.

I didn't respond.

"You need to ready on time, today is my coronation. I till am waiting for your decision."
I haven't even thought of it at all but till my answer is no.

"Your answer is till no, isn't it?"

I till don't give him a response.

"Manu, you will never return to that place again I promise."

"The place was fine." I admitted.

"But it's till not befitting for you."

"Who am I? I don't even deserve a place like that."

"Yes you don't deserve a place like that, the deserve bigger and I know you wanted better."

I remain quiet.

"Put on some jewelries, don't be afraid to wear them."

This time I turn to look him. His Amber brown eyes were filled with concern. For me? No. Suddenly the memory of what transpired yesterday in his absence came to mind and it filled me with anger, I remembered the embarrassment I had to go through.

"You don't have to help me, am till not agreeing to marry you nor will I ever warm up to you. Stop trying. What do you need from me anyways because I don't understand why you are being nice to me, if it's a conspiracy then stop it because I will never fall and besides am worth nothing now." I said all at once.

"I've been trying to help you since and am till am. It's not fair that you keep on looking down on me. I don't need to have a gain or an hiden agenda before I help you." He turned to leave," I wish you could understand that." With that, he started stalking out.

I began to regret everything I said, what if a son could be different from the mother? But one thing is for sure, I have not appreciated him for the roof over my head and for the support in the night.

"Thank you." I whispered softly, he stopped in his tracks, guess he heard me despite I'd whispered.

He turned back with a smile on him face. He really looks handsome, it could be that's the reason why every woman is falling at his feet and tries to seduce him, but not me.

"You are welcome Manu."

"For last night and as well as every other thing."

He laughed.
"You are changing, perhaps change in position is taking a toll on you." I nodded.

"And I can see that your ego has reduced." I nodded again.

"It will be back. I promise because I know you and you are not a humble girl at all and also I will make sure it returns."

"What are you saying, am not humble." I yelled.

He smiled sheepishly,
"Am not saying you are not kind, don't get me wrong but I know you, you think highly of yourself."

"But I clearly heard you saying that you want to bring back my ego, why not let it go?"

"Because I don't want this personality you are exhibiting to remain on you. The Manu I know is confident about herself and right now you definitely aren't."

"But why do you till want me to be proud?"

"Oh if you could stop being self-centered, snobbish, proud arrogant, judgemental,...." He said while walking up to me but I cut him short by saying, "get to the point Arnav."

He placed his hand on my shoulder and said "just be confident again."

"Okay." I was going to say thank you but what for.

With that he left.

I wore my jewelries now not I've gotten encouragement.

I stood up to exit my dressing room when I heard my name being called.
'MANIKARNIKA'
It was Queen Adhira.

I quickly entered my bed room to confront her.

"What is it?"
I say while raising my hands and shook my body a little  making my jewelries to sing.
It was to make known to her that I was wearing the jewelries she took.

"Listen. you will regret it if you don't listen to my warning now  that you have the chance, stay away from my son, leave now or else you will regret it."

"No."

"Have it your way."

With that being said she was gone.

There was no way am going to listen to her and be frightened by her silly empty threats.

*****
I was on my way to the throne room when something came to my head. I've been thinking about what Queen Adhira said and I realized that she wanted me to leave but she couldn't, that means prince Arnav didn't let her throw me out, not even from my court. She was supposed to talk to him or better yet order him to throw me out but his orders were the one to be followed.

That lying idiot. He was just using trickery to get me married to him and to think I almost believed that he was different.

He's going to get what's coming to him.

______

Vote comment share follow

Love you 💞