8

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

Arnav was quickly rushed to his bed chamber and the royal doctor was called.

I till can't believe he's in this state because of me, I thought as I watched the doctor check his pulse. He looks pale and lifeless like he's already dead. I would never have believed that one day I would see Arnav like this.

But why did he take the poison. He could have just thrown it away after all that's what he always does and I'll just understand later. Anyways, whatever is the reason, Arnav is here fighting for his life because of my stubbornness.

"And what are you till doing here?"
I looked up from Arnav to see Queen Adhira's Amber brown eyes glaring at me. If she could kill me with her looks then I'll be dead already.

"This is not the place, Queen Adhira."

"Get out, get out of here."
I don't have the strength for her argument right now so I stood up and walked out but I stopped when she said something.
"Leave the palace."

"You till want me out when you know very well that Arnav will just ask me to come back. What's the use."

"Look at Arnav, Manikarnika, just look at him. He's in this condition because of you, do you think he's going to make it."

"He's going to."

"You better make sure but I till want you out."
She's right, I have to make sure he's going to be okay; there might be an antidote. I have to talk to the doctor.

"I say leave."

"I just need to talk to the doctor quickly."

"No, I want you to leave. Guards take her out."

Two hefty men came and grabbed my arm. I tried wiggling my way out but from the looks of things am not going to be staying in the palace anymore. I need to find another way.

*****
Once am outside the palace, I remained at the gate waiting for the doctor.

He needs to find the antidote.

I'll help him find one.

How's Arnav doing?

When is he coming?

I hope Arnav is okay.

This is all my fault.

All those thoughts came to my mind as I waited for the doctor.

*****

It's dark already and no sign of the doctor.

I should leave but where would I go?
My only option is to wait.

Suddenly, the gates were opened and a man on a horse came to view. He placed something wrapped with a red cloth in front of him. When he came closer, the moon shined on him making his face more clearer; it was non other than the person I've been waiting for.

I stood in front of him to prevent him from leaving.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

"Sir, am Manikarnika. I just want to know the condition of prince Arnav sir." I replied politely.

"Dear, am so sorry for what happened." He said while hopping down. He's horse was dark brown.

"It was a shame what happened but I never wanted any of it to happen. If only I knew I wouldn't have been so stubborn. I wish I drank it instead."

"I don't think it's your fault and this is not the place or the time for such discussion, do you have a place to stay?" I stook my head but it appears that he didn't see me so I answered, "No."

"I'll accommodate you for the night."

"Oh thank you, you're so kind."

"Let's go then."

____________________________________

Vote/comment/share/follow.