43

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

I hurried and followed Vikram.
Sorry Gangaa but you'll have to wait for me longer than you expect.

He followed the path that he always follows whenever I saw him of.

He always had men guarding around the house, he thinks I don't notice but I definitely noticed them.

Those men met up with him along the way.

I try my best to follow at a safe far distance in other for them not to notice me and so I won't lose them as they went.

*****
He went to the market, in an abandoned hut just at the side of the entrance.

I tried looking at what was happening inside through the window.

"Sir Vikram, I heard Arnav wants to post posters of you to the public." A man said. He was already there before they arrived.

"You got my arrows sadik?" Vikram asked.

"Yes. There here." He used his thumb to point behind him. "But why?"

"I think it's time to teach him a lesson." Vikram replied. What will he do? I thought, not knowing why am afraid.

They didn't say anything again, then suddenly, one of them, standing beside Vikram eyes met with mine.
"Hey what are you doing there?"

I quickly hid.

"Someone's there." He announced.

"Who?" I heard another voice ask. Oh God, please save me.

"Go check it out." Came Vikram's calm voice.

I quickly ran away but it seems I wasn't fast enough as the man saw me.

"Hey stop right there." He ordered but I didn't obey and continued running.

"A spy has been watching us." I heard him say. The next thing I heard is a bunch of people running towards me.

What have I gotten myself into?

I ran fully into the market. It's a crowded place, they'll have difficulty identifying me especially because am not the only one wearing a red saree today.

I ran into the crowd, pushing anyone in my way, I turned back to see only crowds of people behind me. I panted heavily as I observed them, most are busy with their business while some are cursing me in their minds as they glared at me because of my imprudence. Sorry!

I heard noise of people shouting and cursing just the way they did when I pushed them. Oh no.

What do I do?

I looked around then spotted an empty shade. I quickly hid there, they continued pushing anyone in their way as they ran forward but I on the other hand, I breath a sigh of relief.

I don't know how Vikram treats people when he's mad and I don't think I want to know.

______

Don't forget to vote comment share follow

With love 💖

Anita 💞💃