13

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

MANIKARNIKA POV

It's showing signs of rain so I ran back to my chamber. The first thing I see is a portrait of my father. Father took care of me and loved me like I was his real child.

Nobody knows where mother found me but I look nothing like an Indian.

"I can never repay you father for the love you showed me." I whispered.

I suddenly feel down, father is gone now.

I can still remember when I would disturb him from his work and play around.

#FLASH BACK#

"Father, father, father" Manikarnika called out to the king. When he's attention left his discussion with Marnav Singh, his royal advisor, he placed it on her.

"What is it Manu?"

"Look at me and see what I can do." She answered.

There was a bow and arrow with her which she used to target the throne in the throne room.

"No Manu, not here." King Darsh shouted.

"Then where father? Please see what I can do, mother taught me very well and am much better than Arnav." Manikarnika pleaded.

"Okay Manu, let's go to the garden and you can show me what you learned." He ruffled her hair which made her giggled.

King Darsh turned to his advisor, "excuse me, we shall continue later."

"Yes your majesty." He replied.

"Father let's go." Manikarnika yelled.

"Okay, okay, okay, forgive me and let's go." He said facing the little princess once more.

"Okay then. Let's go." With that, she held his hand and pulled him along as she ran forward.

"Manu slow down." The king laughed.

"Let's go father. Faster." She left the hand of the king and ran.

"Catch me." She said with her little voice.

"Then you better run faster than that." He replied.

Hearing what he said, she ran faster and he ran as well but with no intentions of catching her.

*****

Manikarnika ran to the royal garden and waited for her father before he ran there as well. This is her favorite place in the palace.

"Hurry up father." She gestured for him to come closer.

"Wow Manu, are you a kid or a runner? You ran really fast." He panted heavily.

"No am just a kid, it's because you can't stop eating." Manikarnika replied.

"Why, this little girl." They both laughed heartily before Manikarnika remembered what she wanted to do.

"Okay father, let me show you."

"Go ahead."

She placed the arrow at the string of the bow and aimed at a tree and let it go but the arrow could only go half the distance.

Manikarnika became sad was was about to cry.

"Don't worry Manu, you'll get it next time, just continue practicing okay." He consoled, She nodded her head then hugged her father before trying again and again but never reaching the target.

#END OF FLASH BACK#

I tear rolled down my cheek, I really miss father alot.

"Manu?" A voice said from behind but I know who it is for there is only one person that enters my bed chambers with out being announced.