39

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

ARNAV POV

I stared at my mother's pitiful state, she did do wrong as well as him for killing innocent people and he has to pay for it.

*****

Again am in another council meeting because of Vikram, he has been causing trouble in the village making it looks like am not a good king for the people but he won't succeed.

"I had kept watchmen to watch whoever goes to mount Ganesha when Aesha was attack hoping I'll get Vikram but that's two months ago but instead they captured bandits." I announced.

"But catching the bandits is one of your duties as a king."

"I know but we first need to focus on one thing and that's getting Vikram." I promoted.

"But what about...."

"No buts! Any ideas on getting him?"

"What if we make everyone aware that he is a criminal and needs to face justice?."

"You're right, I will have the painter to paint his face immediately." I stood up and walked away heading outside the palace to meet a painter.

*****

The posters will soon be out, soon everyone will be aware of what he did and that he's wanted. There's no escaping for him. I wonder why I haven't thought of it before? Guess I need to attend more council meetings.

"Vihaan asks permission to enter!" The announcer's voice came.

"Let him in."

"Arnav you need to know something." Vihaan said immediately he enter whilst walking towards me.

"What?" When he does this, it means it's really urgent.

"The council doesn't support your rule anymore." He announced.

"What? How dare they? Do they want to rebel?" The news was shocking, why will they?

"No Arnav."

"Remove them all, I don't want any of them in my palace ever again!" They are all traitors if they don't support me again.

"Wait Arnav, I can understand them. The way you h...."

He can understand them? I wants to rebel too?

"You have been taking the opposite side lately, why Vihaan?" Vihaan is like a second father to me, why is he doing this?

"It's not that Arnav, stop behaving immaturely, your decision have been lately odd and you are neglecting your duties as king."
He maintained a calmed voice.

"First of all, you are no longer allowed to call me by my name."

"Arnav?" He furrowed his brow, he was confused about my sudden outburst.

"Get out!" I pointed to the exit. "Now!"

"Arnav!" He shouted.

"You are fired! Leave or you'll be thrown out."

"Your majesty how will I feed my family, you know they need this job."

"You should have thought about that before you sided against me Despite you know how I feel." The truth is that, am becoming self centered. I unexpectedly sobbed. It was then I realized I've been tearing. "Am turning into a weakling aren't I?"

"No Arnav, just let it out, please let go of your anger." He hugged me and patted my back.

"Am turning into someone else, Vihaan!"

"I believe you need time off to rest."

"Rest because of what? Definitely not work because I've done nearly to nothing."

"Not because of your work, you need to forget Manu, take Amoli with you."

Never! I've totally forgotten about her though she's staying in the same palace as me and she hasn't even come to me ever since, guess she finally understands.
"No, in that condition, it's a no."

"Then go alone." He released me from his embrace. "I hope you find someone else there."

*****

Later, I went back to the painter that's doing my poster for Vikram's arrest, only I have seen him so I can't send anyone though my escorts and bodyguards followed me.

After my talk with Vihaan, my heart became lighter like I've finally dropped the load I was carrying.

"Is it ready?" I asked him, Vishnu razada.

"Here it is your majesty." He handed it to me, I had earlier described how Vikram looks like and the poster in my hand is almost the replica of him, below clearly stating WANTED

"Yes, I've you done the rest?" My question was answered with the nod he gave me and my eyes met with the pile of papers behind him.

"Ahhh!" I felt strong stab just below my shoulder and at my arm. I immediately turned to see and saw an arrow sticking out of my arm and below at the Fletch, a note was tied to it. I dragged the arrow out, bearing the killing pain.

I glanced over at the direction it came from and saw the crowd of people all starring in shock as what just happened, my bodyguards swords were all out, prepared to defend me from any surprise attack.

"Calm down, if they wanted to attack then it's not here nor will they leave a message." I calmed them, they slowly kept back their swords while observing everywhere.

I took the note and read:
So you are looking for me? Trust me, you'll never find me with those posters.

My blood started boiling again, I eyes went back to the posters,

"Burn them all!" I shouted, Vikram is really testing me and I'll soon deal with him.

"Let's go." I was about to turn when I felt that same pain in my second arm,

"Ahhhhh!" I shouted again, a note still hanging by the Fletch. I hate him, my first arm hadn't recover yet and he has shot the other? The two sides of my clothe are now soaked with my blood.

By this time, my bodyguards had already drew their swords again and surrounded me.

"Are you alright?" One of them asked and I replied with a nod.

I took the note again and read:

Why don't we finally end this?

Just then another arrow just flew down very close to my nose, another note still hanging out by the Fletch. It alerted my bodyguards who drew closer to me for safe keeping, my escorts also took shelter and everyone around were either hidding or gossiping but I have no time to listen.

It reads:

This night, alone, just outside BAHLIKA.

____________________________________

I wanna thank everyone reading my book, we have reached 635 reads! That's alot for me especially because I don't always get notice in any social media so thanks a bunch!

Please don't forget to vote. Please please please vote.

And comment. Please.

And help this book reach 1k reads this week. Please 🙏

Thank you all❤️

Anita the amateur queen.