36

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

ARNAV POV

I waited by the throne room for information, only six assassins were caught, the rest dead, as well as some of my soldiers but that doesn't matter, the leader is unknown and he's the one I want.

"Your majesty," Vihaan said, the commander, Raghav, beside him.

"Did you get him?" They better have caught him. Oh please god, let it be he's caught.

"We couldn't find him."

"And you dare say that to me? Go back and find him, now!" I shouted on them.

"We're sorry your majesty." The commander apologized.

"How could an old man hid from you. Useless!"

"We apologise Your majesty."

"What are you still doing here? Go!"

*****

The council has already decided on mother's punishment; when I say council, I mean me. I have decided the punishment for mother although all of the council was present.

"We should investigate more, we need to be sure if she really was the one who killed Queen Manikarnika."

That statement infuriated me, "isn't my word enough? I saw her paying the assassins." I looked at the entrance of the court, there, a guard I assigned was waiting for my signal. I nodded my head and in just few minutes, the six surviving assassins were marched in the court. "These are blue lobelia that Queen Adhira sent to kill Queen Manikarnika."

I gave a quick glare to my mother, she was standing by the left in front of me. She looked remorseful and sad. Her eyes appears to have been worn out, she looks like she hasn't been sleeping and was maltreated.

"Their leader is currently wanted but mother must be punished."

"We believe what you are saying, it's just that it's the procedures that we need to take especially now that she is denying the accusation."

"Her word means nothing against mine. Tell me, am I that eager to find justice for Manu that you think I'll incriminate my own mother?"

"It's...."

"Silence! It's evident that she's guilty, there's no need for any buts but how to punish her." I yelled.

"And you already have a punishment for her right?"

"Yes. Sentencing her to death will be like we are pandoning her and she will be set free, Since she's the one who has been so eager to send Manu to exile then she'll be sent instead and live with the guilt forever." I looked at mother as I continued. "She will have no servants to help her, she will be the one to clean up the place, cook and fend for herself since that's the life she wanted Manu to have." A tear dropped from her eyes, it made me want to hold her and console her but I mustn't be weak. "That's her punishment and she's to be sent away today."

"Yes, your majesty." They chorused.

I stood up and walked out, everyone standing as I did.

____

Vote comment share follow.

💞💃