34

BAHLIKA KINGDOM
INDIA

ARNAV POV

The burial of both Manu and Aesha was held the next day, seeing Manu's body burnt like that made me even more sad.

As I was pouring Manu's ash in the sea, memories of my time with Manu filled my heart. There was an unbearable pain I felt anytime I remembered her but that's not the worst thing, I always remember her but what really hurts the most is knowing that she was angry with me and that's all mother's fault.

I handed the pot in which Manu's ash was to Vihaan standing beside me as always.

"Is it done?" I asked.

"Yes Arnav!" He replied, another thing to hurt me but she deserves it. Tears rolled down my cheeks but I controlled the urge to cry.

*****

"Tell me where to find them!" I yelled. I followed Vihaan to the prison cell, he had kidnapped the informer he got and had badly beaten him up. He was gasping for air.

"I really don't know, I only give advice about the right assassins for the job then...." he paused, afraid of what he was going to say next.

"Then what?!" I shook the bars of the cell as I shouted, I felt disgusted to even enter the cell so I remained outside.

"Then I bring them to someone." He said in a whisper, hoping I didn't hear him but I cought everything.

"Who?"

"I'll tell you where he is, he might know where you can find the blue lobelia." I had already confirmed Manu's theory of their names being blue lobelia from him.

"Then where? Speak!"

He told us we would find him at the concubine's joint, 'he always goes there every evening.' So we, Vihaan and my soldiers went as instructed.

'He is referred to as nunkishun."

We all dressed as commoners and entered separately not to give out the information that we all came together.

For a while, we all just drank and pretended to be enjoying ourselves, the joint was packed with lots of men with concubines drinking. The wine they sold taste good perhaps that's the reason this place has lots of customers.

That thinking was soon cut short as a young girl, probably 13 came to me and sat beside me batting her eyes at me then proceeded to massaging my shoulders.

"She's still a virgin, enjoy." A man I didn't know was standing beside us said then winked and left.

I took a closer look at the girls again and found out that some of them where just little girls not yet old enough for marriage.

Disgusting.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Priya sir." My mind immediately went to Manu again, my heart aches alot and I miss her alot. I must focus on getting justice for her and not get distracted with any other thing.

"Priya I want you to sit." I patted a spot for her beside me on the floor. She obeyed but continued smiling sheepishly at me.

"Do you know everyone here?"

"Yes Sir." She chirped. The smile never leaving.

"I want you to answer me correctly okay." I smiled as well which made hers go wider.

"What is it? I will serve you well sir."

"Do you know anyone named nunkishun?"

"Why are you looking for him? Need an assassin?"

"No. Can you tell me if he's here?" I tried to sound as friendly as I could.

"You aren't here for me are you? You don't need to pretend, you can ask anyone, everyone knows him and no one will report you to the palace."

"Really?"

"Yes." She looked up, the place had an upstair. "Nunkishun! Another customer."

Up in the balcony, it was packed as well but a man winked at her, he seems to be drunk and there was three women beside him drinking.

"Am coming." He staggered down.

"Are you nunkishun?" I stood up and asked.

"Who's asking?"

"King Arnav pranav jai and you are under arrest." My soldiers immediately gathered him. "Arrest him."

"No! What-what-what did I do? Who told you?" He stuttered to ask.

"Just follow us calmly." Vihaan said from behind me.

"But I didn't do anything." He tried to resist by fighting back but he received a punch in the stomach.

*****

"Why do they have those scars on them?" I started interrogating him, that question has been in my mind for a long time.

He was kept in another cell, he still wasn't sober so he received some punches from my soldiers which left some bruises. Well, alot.

"They were all part of some rebel group that rebelled against the rulership of king Darsh but were all caught and sentenced. Then lots of rebels were formed wearing black, In other for them to be recognized they named their selves and marked every member." He quickly replied.

"Where is their hideout?"

"They have many hideouts and I only know one and the day they'll be there."

"Tell me!"

"Tomorrow by the Laxmi river."

"Well?" I turned to Vihaan standing beside me, "what are you waiting for? Go get ready."

"Arnav what about your mother, won't you go see her? She's been asking for you." He said.

How can he ask me about that traitor. Manu was right all along, I can't believe she's my mother.

"The council will decide on what to do to her tomorrow." I replied like it was the least thing I want to talk about.

"Arnav."

"She deserves it."

"Arnav she's still your......"

"Just go."

____

You weren't about to leave without voting, were you?

Please please please please please please please, vote comment share follow.

Anita 💞💃