8. "Priorities"

Seokjin left the hospital with Jungkook that evening, after appointing guards around Taehyung and Hoseok and leaving Yoongi incharge of the two criminals.
The drive home was uncomfortably silent with not even Jungkook uttering a single word, not until Seokjin pulled into the driveway.
'Hyung, why?'
Jungkook turned to Jin, no signs of the usual playfulness in his voice whatsoever.
'Why what, Jungkook-ah?'
'Why does he hate you so much?' Jungkook completed.
Seokjin stopped the car.
//
(2 years ago)

"Y-YOU KILLED HIM, T-TAEHYUNG!" Jin panted, finally reaching the roof of the 30 story building by stairs.
"TAEHYUNGIE YOU KILLED HIM!?"
He repeated, moving closer to the boy in the black hoodie, a dagger in his blood painted hands. His figure slightly bowing infront of the lifeless body before him.
Seokjin roughly turned him over and Taehyung chuckled, taking a few steps back.
"2/4." Taehyung whispered, licking his lips, tilting his head maniac like.
Seokjin closed his eyes and sighed.
For everything he did to make him give all of it up. For all the times he'd successfully changed the boy's mind. For everyday he'd spent with him, thinking that he could make him better. That his love would be enough. He'd still come back to this blood bath. Being drawn to it like a moth is to fire.
Seokjin glanced at the boy whom he thought he could fix and he saw it. He saw it that he had failed.
"Why Taehyung? After all of what we talked about? After all the promises and trust?" He walked closer still, while Taehyung was just frozen in place. An unreadable smirk playing his lips as he looked down at the pool of blood that had gathered under his feet.
"Look at me?"
Seokjin held his hand.
Taehyung's head shot up.
"Hm?"
"C'mon Tae, can't you just stop all the criminal stuff, committing felonies so we can be normal? Like an actual couple?"
"Normal?" Taehyung chuckled.
"Normal, Taehyung." Seokjin repeated, reassuringly.
"Jinnie, normal's just a setting on the dryer! People like us, with pasts like ours? we don't get normal!" Taehyung jerked his hand away from Jin's.
"I promised I'd get justice for whatever happened to your family, Tae I promised you I'd avenge their death!"
"THEY'LL GET YOU KILLED TOO, JIN-AH! YOU DON'T KNOW THEIR POWER YET!"
"I KNOW IT! GODDAMNIT! AND I'M READY TO PUT IT IN DANGER FOR YOU!"
Taehyung laughed, shaking his head.
"If I asked you to leave all of this, Seokjin. The righteousness, being the protector of the city. Would you?"
Seokjin opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. Taehyung just smiled a melancholic smile.
"Would you want people's fathers to turn out like yours?" "Would you want people's sons to turn out like me, Jin-ah?" He questioned.
"Taehyung...let's just get you where you belong, right now I-I gotta do my j-job." And with the last word leaving Seokjin's lips. It hit the both of them. Way too clear for any ambiguity to be left.
Taehyung sniffed and nodded, he wasn't aware of the trail of tears that had rolled down his cheeks but then, he didn't want to be.
After all the opening up, the vulnerability, the truthfulness. Taehyung was betrayed. Betrayed by his own love for he wasn't even able to understand him. It was all a matter of priorities for Jin and it hurt Taehyung to know now that he wasn't even his first priority.
"You hate what I am, Jinnie. And you can't love me as me. So what's the point in this false pretense?" Taehyung completed.
"YOU FUCKING WANTED ME TO CHANGE ALL THIS TIME, RIGHT!?"
Taehyung yelled.
Seokjin couldn't utter out a single word, as if dumbfounded. But he tried to hold Taehyung, again. Oh just once again before he let's him go. Because he knew it was time he did.
"Unh- No." Taehyung held up a hand, shaking his head while he pursed his lips.
"Not anymore."
He had said and walked away.

"..." Jungkook turned to face Seokjin from the shotgun seat, while he just stared at the windscreen as rain poured over them. The sound more restless than peaceful for the lot of them.
"Why did you let him go, hyung?" Jungkook asked in a low voice, apologetically. Sympathetically.
"That was the least I could do as a lover who had failed him, in his eyes?" Seokjin bit the pad of his thumb, eyes on the verge of breaking down.
"That's not the letting go I was talking about."
"It doesn't matter, does it Jungkook-ah?"
He faced him, defeated.
Jungkook hugged him, sobbing.
"Don't be l-like this, hyung. I l-love you. He- he will come around. He's just m-mad at you." He hiccuped while Seokjin just sighed, rubbing his back.
"I hope, Jungkookie. Oh the way I hope that happens."
A/N: Hope that it's become clear now!
All the love!