FINALE 1/2."Chrysanthemums"

[...5th floor - 6th floor - 7th floor ...]
"Oh c'mon c'mon cmon!" The man panted, breath disheveled, eyes bloodshot and mind filled with a million different thoughts, not one being coherent as he climbed the stairs not even once stopping for breath.
[8th floor] It read as Seokjin ran across the corridor with all the left energy in his body. Looking around and knocking on the locked doors like a madman.
"TAEHYUNG! WHERE ARE YOU!" He screamed with all his might.
"LEAVE HIM ALONE IT'S NOT HIS FAULT!" He yelled again, tears streaming down his face like a waterfall.
"TAE PLEASE LET HIM GO!" He begged, pacing around the corridors, checking every door in search of his dear Jungkookie and his psychopathic ex boyfriend.
"JUNGKOOKIE!?" He called out one more time, "JUNGKOOK WHERE ARE YOU-"
A familiar scream was heard this time and the man froze.
"J-Jungkook?" He stuttered out as he tried to navigate the source of the voice.
A laughter echoed in the corridor.
"Taehyung!" Seokjin screamed with all his might, though there wasn't much left in him.
"Please! Please let him go please!" He begged, again in the hope of miraculously melting the man's heart. The man that didn't seem to have one.
Another maniacal laughter, "You've 30 seconds, Seokjinie. 30 seconds to save poor Jungkookie here!" He sang, kicking Jungkook in the gut being satiated with an agonising moan as he moved the mouth of his pistol against the boy's jaw.
The boy whom he had left no mercy in torturing since the span of 3 hours.
Seokjin's heart sank, but he used all his senses, now left to follow the direction of the voice. He had to stay sane. He had to save Jungkook. No time to lag beheld, no time to get overwhelmed, no time to feel the pain. It was so unfair but Seokjin was used to it, now. Life had always been unfair.
Taehyung didn't make a single sound after that nor did Jungkook and Seokjin's mind went numb from the dead silence.
The place reeking of blood and drugs and death, making his insides uncoil.
"Where are you? Where are you? Where are you? Please!" He repeated like a mantra, pacing around the identical corridors, his feet giving out from the exertion.
"Tst tst, wrong answer, Jinnie!" Taehyung spoke up, again. With the intonation of a kid's program narrator. Fiendish.
Seokjin's head shot to the left almost immediately. The source from where the voice had just spoken. The far left room of the hallway.
Mind not working coherently, he ran. Again.
Reaching the doorway just in time to witness the only thing he dreaded the most with his entire existence.
A perfectly sketched out game with zero chances of failure.
Taehyung smirked as he saw the man appear in the doorway, struggling for air.
And the first thing his eyes met were Jungkook's raven orbs, only for a split second, but he witnessed perhaps the most explicit contrast of emotions in them than he'd ever seen.
He saw sorrow but relief, concern but fear, remorse but hope, but most of all, he saw assurance.
As if he knew what was to come.
Taehyung shifted his weight from one leg to the other and It was then that Seokjin noticed the gun in his hand.
He saw Jungkook on his knees, body bruised already, mouth brutally tied open with a cloth to prevent any noise and eyes turned red with bright purple patches across his exposed body.
The boy smiled, despite everything.
He smiled at Seokjin who instantly smiled back, subconsciously, despite the tears stinging his eyes.
"Your time's up." Taehyung announced, disinterested as he rolled his eyes.
Both of them's eyes widened. As if they hadn't expect it to be this early, as if they weren't ready to let go just yet, as if the farewell was too incomplete to them but Taehyung just didn't care. He was blinded by rage and vengeance and hatred and jealousy.
"NO!" Seokjin ran towards Jungkook to cover him, to save the boy from every evil of the world and have it for himself instead, even die in his place if possible.
but it was too late.
The bullet had already left the gun. No time left for second thoughts, no way of getting it back inside the barrel.
The same way Seokjin's words had left his mouth, years ago.
DejaVu.