Chapter Thirty-Two

Ugh, I'm sorry guys. I was on vacation last week, and I just haven't had any motivation. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter even though it's really only filler. Let me know if you enjoyed by dropping a comment and/or vote! Enjoy!!!

"Bring your elbow down a little," I said quietly but loud enough for the other woman to hear as I took her elbow in a gentle hand, pulling it down slightly to the correct position. "Alright, good. Now, relax this hand; if you hold on too tight, it'll torque the bow and the arrow won't fly straight," I explained as I pried Jane's vice like grip away from the grip of the bow. I pulled her hand away slightly, extending her fingers. "There," I muttered under my breath. "Now, take a deep breath in," I heard Jane do as I instructed, "let it out, and release." The Midgardian woman did as I instructed, releasing the arrow from the bow string. About 25 yards ahead of us, the arrow struck the target in the middle ring, off to the left. I heard the woman sigh. There were arrows all over the target, but none of them had actually hit the bullseye.

"This is impossible, (Y/N)," Jane complained, turning to look at me. "Back home, the bows have sights. How in Hel are you supposed to know where to aim without some sort of guide?" she asked, a deep set frown on her face. Without a word, I walked over and grabbed another bow off the rack, tossing a quiver full of arrows over my shoulder. Still walking, I raised the bow, notching an arrow in the string. I walked past the five targets set up in the range, hitting the bullseye every time while still moving.

"Not impossible," I said, turning to look back at Jane. The woman was gaping like a fish. "It just takes practice," I explained, walking back over to her. Only then, did I realize the entire range was silent, all of the recruits as well as the higher guards staring at me with his jaws on the floor. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks and quickly but the bow and arrows back on the rack. "Uh, I think that's enough for today, what do you think?" I asked, hoping Jane would get the memo. She nodded, a slight smile on her face.

"Yeah, my arms are getting tired. How about a ride?" she asked, gesturing toward the barn and pasture just down the hill.

"That sounds great," I said with a smile as Jane put her bow and arrows away next to mine. With one more smile, we both made our way down the hill to the pasture. "Say, do you have a horse of your own, or do you just ride whichever horse is free? I've never seen you ride before," I explained.

"I have one of my own, Thor and I just aren't into trail rides as much as you and Loki are," she said. I nodded in understanding. We made it a point to take Mischief and Luna out at least once a day.

Once we reached the gate of the pasture, Mischief came running over without me even calling him while Jane asked one of the stable hands to gather her horse for her. I grabbed the dark horse's dark green halter and led him over to a post. He had matured and grown so much that the horse no longer needed to be tied to the post; I knew I could trust him not to run off anymore. Soon enough, Edmund was leading out a chestnut mare, Jane by the young stablehand's side.

"Good day, Lady (Y/N)," the young boy greeted with a bright smile.

"Good day, Edmund," I greeted kindly. "And like I said, it's just (Y/N)," I reminded the young boy. "No need for formalities, kiddo." The boy only smiled before insisting that he had other duties to attend to before scurrying off. I turned back to Jane, a smile on my face. "Who's this pretty lady?" I asked as I extended a hand to the beautiful chestnut mare who was now tied to the fence. The horse immediately nuzzled my hand causing my smile to grow.

"This is Juniper," Jane said as she ran a hand over the mare's back.

"She's quite beautiful," I mused, looking the horse over. Jane agreed. "Well," I said, looking back to the owner of the horse. "Let's get tacked up and out of here," I offered. Jane smiled and went to retrieve her tack. We saddled up rather quickly and were soon on our way.