Chapter Seven

I thought I had a chapter before this one but apparently not, so I had to rush to finish this last night😬Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter!

"Hey, Thor! Jane!" I called after the blonde prince who was walking ahead of me, his wife waking by his side. I had to jog to catch up to them. The blonde man and his brunette wife turned, stopping in there tracks.

"Hello, (Y/N)!" Thor greeted loudly as I caught up to the couple. Jane greeted me a little quieter than her husband, but not without a large smile. I hadn't seen her ages. "What bring you here in such a hurry?" he asked.

"I need to talk to you," I said, twisting my fingers into my dress a little bit. One eyebrow rose as he looked at me expectantly. "About Loki," I finished slowly.

"What about Loki?" he asked. "Is he alright?" he continued, sounding a little worried.

"He's been acting very strange. He's actually been nice," I informed him. A look flashed through Thor's eyes that I didn't quite understand, and Jane giggled a bit, putting a hand over her mouth.  I frowned as I waited for one of them to speak.

"I think you've mellowed him out a little," Thor said slowly after a moment. Jace broke out into a full, rib bursting laugh, causing my frown to deepen.

"Come on, (Y/N)," she said, taking my hand dragging me down the hallway. "We have a few things to discuss."

"What? What do you we have to talk about? What happened?" I asked, utterly confused.

"You really have no idea, do you?" she asked with a small frown. I shook my head. Without a word, she drug me out onto a secluded terrace and closed the doors behind us. "With the way Loki's acting," she began, "I think he's beginning to develop feelings for you." I was shocked at Jane's words. I didn't know what she could possibly be thinking. Loki having feelings for me? I didn't think that was even a possibility. I scoffed at Jane's words, almost bursting out into laughter. "(Y/N), I'm being serious," she pressed, a frown on her face. "He is your husband, and you have been spending a lot of time together," she said. "It's only normal that you two may develop some feelings for each other." I shrugged my shoulder and leaned my elbows on the railing of the terrace, not sure of the entire situation.

"We held hands the other night," I whispered, hoping she wouldn't hear me, but she did.

"Really?" she asked, sounding astonished.

"Well, I told him about my brother who died a few years back. It's was just a show of comfort," I said quickly, a blush spreading to my cheeks rapidly.

"Uh huh," Jane said, sounding very unimpressed. "I just think you should think about it and look for signs. You are married after all," she reminded me. "You don't want to spend your whole life with someone you don't like. I think you two could become very fond of each other." I nodded, not liking the word 'fond,' but figured I would get it sorted out what I had to.

"I don't want to push anything," I said. "But I'll definitely keep it in mind," I said, looking over at the Midgardian. She smiled and patted my arm before leaving the terrace, leaving me to my muddled thoughts.

{Line Break}

It had been about a week since my conversation with Jane, and I was still not sure what to think. I wasn't sure if I believed her or not, but I had thought back to the way he had changed over the time I've been on Asgard and how much time we spent together. I wasn't sure at all of my feelings toward the prince, but I had plenty of time to figure it, and now was most certainly not the time.

Now, I was curled up in bed in a ball of misery. My head was pounding, my back was sore, and my neck was slightly stiff. My nose was also stuffy, just completing the package perfectly. All in all, I just felt terrible. Though my thoughts were muddled, I knew exactly what I was going to do all day: absolutely nothing.