Chapter Twenty-Five

Hey, guys! Sorry this took so long, I have a lot of stuff going on as usual. Thanks for being so patient with me. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Leave a comment and/or vote to tell me what you think!

A few days later, (Y/N)'s arm was completely healed and functional, the burns on her opposite shoulder finally gone. I was so thankful she had healed so quickly. Seeing her so upset and frustrated with herself was heartbreaking. She cried just about every day for about four days. She would ask me if I wanted to spar or go riding, and then she would look down at her arm and remember. Then the tears would start. I hated seeing her cry. It physically hurt to see her so upset. Then came the evening which called for her daily bathing. This caused her to cry too. She was so upset at needing me to help her clean her hair. It had actually led to a small argument the second day after the explosion.

"Darling?" I called to my wife who was standing on the terrace, the night breeze blowing her beautiful (H/C) to and fro. I slipped a black shirt over my head, having just gotten out of the shower. A small smile appeared on my lips as I gazed at her. She was gorgeous. My smile disappeared when she didn't turn around. I knew she had heard me; her elf ears were too keen not to. "(N/N)?" I called again, starting toward the terrace doors slowly. As I got closer, I could see that her shoulders were shaking, tremors running through her body.

When I reached her, I placed my hands on her shoulders, moving to turn her around so I could see her beautiful face. She wouldn't look at me, instead choosing to stare at her bare feet, her hair shielding her face. I brushed her hair back with a gentle hand, tucking it behind her ear. Her cheeks were flushed, wet with salty tears. More tears were pooling in her (E/C) eyes. I took her chin gently in my thumb and forefinger, lifting it gently so that she was facing me. She still refused to meet my eyes.

"What's wrong, my dove?" I asked, moving to place my hand on the side of her face. Her brows furrowed, and she smacked my hand away with the only one that wasn't stuck in the sling. I stumbled back in shock and confusion as she pushed past me into the bedroom. I frowned. She hadn't acted like since before I confessed my love for her and her to me. "(Y/N), what's-" I began as I started following her. I stopped in my tracks and my words when she stopped and turned to look at me.

"What's wrong?" she asked, her voice raised to a shout. "You want to look at me and ask me what's wrong?" she all but screamed at me. I stood, staring at the fuming woman in front of me, absolutely speechless for once in my life. She had never yelled at me like that before. "You look me straight in the eyes and ask me that question again!" she demanded. I could only stare at her in confusion.

"(Y/N)," I began, taking a step forward, an arm outstretched toward my wife. "Let's just sit and talk about this," I soothed. "I don't understand, please, darling, explain so I can understand," I begged, wanting desperately to understand so that I could help her in some way shape or form. Her gaze only turned even more angry and upset than before.

"I'm down to one arm, I can't go riding, I can't spar, I can't even wash my own hair, Loki!" she shouted though her voice lacked its previous malice. Now, her eyes were welling with tears. I sighed and stepped forward, wrapping my arms around her carefully, pulling her to my chest. She immediately slumped against my chest, quickly wetting the shoulder of my shirt with tears.

"It'll be healed before you know it," I whispered, running my hand over her hair, rocking the two of us back and forth slowly. "You're okay," I soothed. "I don't mind just sitting here with you, reading in silence with you or reading to out loud. I don't mind our walks in the garden late at night when the stars are out; when it's just the two of us. I don't mind just snuggling with you in bed even when the sun has risen and we've missed breakfast."