Chapter Two

Hey! Ya came back! Thank you so much for reading. This is my first Character x Reader fanfiction (only my second fanfiction) so tell me what ya think through a vote or a comment. On ward!

Golden light streamed through the window, flashing across my eyelids and waking me up. A groan escaped my lips as I rolled over to avoid the blinding light, hoping I could go back to sleep for a few minutes. Alas, the act was fruitless, and I was unable to fall back to sleep. I reluctantly pushed myself into a sitting position and slowly ran a hand through my tangled locks.

Looking to the other side of the bed, I saw that it was I undisturbed and had not been slept in. That didn't entirely bother me because I still didn't want the young god sleeping in the same bed as me. It would be strange, sharing a bed with a person you barely knew. I threw off the covers with the sigh and got out of bed to get ready for the day. With a start, I realized that I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do today.

I wasn't sure if I was to attend breakfast or find something on my own. I wasn't sure if I had any responsibilities. I didn't know my way around the palace or anyone in it. I honestly didn't know anything. I decided than that I was just going to wing it. If I was meant to do something, someone would come get me. If I wasn't meant to do something, someone would tell me.

Slowly, very slowly, I got ready. I washed my face and fixed the rat's nests that was supposed to be my hair into something presentable. I pulled out a light blue cloth dress from my dresser drawer and slipped it on after changing out of my pajamas. I put on a black cardigan over the dress and slipped on a pair of soft black flats.

Making my way out of my room, I found the halls of the beautiful palace to be filled with maids and servants rushing around in every which way. The either tipped their heads, gave me a bow or a curtsy as I strolled by slowly, taking everything in and trying to memorize the path I was walking down. I wasn't entirely focusing on who or what was around me, I was just wandering, lost in my thoughts.

I suddenly ran smack into a wall of hard muscle and lost my balance. Thankfully, the other person grabbed my shoulders and kept me from falling gracelessly. I looked up and met the piercing blue eyes of the older Asgardian prince. "Oh, it's just you, Thor. I'm so sorry," I apologized. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," I admitted. He just gave me one of his dazzling smilies.

"Lady (Y/N)," he greeted with a bow. "I wasn't paying attention either," he said.

"Please, just (Y/N)," I requested, tired of the formalities from everyone.

"Okay, Just (Y/N)," he said with a smirk, causing me to laugh. "I'm only joking, I promise," he said with a smile. "How are you liking it here on Asgard?" he asked. He put an arm out, gesturing me to walk ahead. We walked out onto one of the many beautifully crafted terraces of the palace and looked down on the scenery below.

"It's...different," I said slowly. "Much different," I added quietly, feeling a little bit of homesickness coming on as I though of my homeland. "Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful here and the people are kind, but it's just..." I trailed off, not sure what to say, not sure that words could express how I was feeling.

"Strange," Thor finished for me. "It is definitely a change." I nodded and sent him a small smile in appreciation. "I've never had the pleasure of visiting your Alfheim," he said. "Can you tell me about it?" he asked kindly. I smiled broke out across my face as I though about my home.

"It's full of rolling hills and forests with the most beautiful rivers, lakes, and ponds. The flowers are beautiful all year as are the buildings. The people are kind and practicing magic together is fun." I stopped, trying to describe my home but finding myself unable to.