Chapter 12

**(Edited)**

Ellie's POV

"Ellie?" Grace asks me while looking up and down, I don't know to say to her. I look up at Tanner in a loss for words. He can read me so he knows I can't talk. This woman was my favorite person for seven months.

"Hey mom, hey old man. Before you start you should know that Ellie and I are giving our relationship another try and that we have fraternal twins together. I found out in the hospital that she was my nurse, we started talking and worked things out. Later that night, early in the morning more like it, she rushed the twins into the ER. Tatum Grace wouldn't wake up because of her immune system and Turner Beau was very sick. They are better now but we are working on things together, I didn't tell you yet because I wanted to cope with it first"  he tells them before they start judging me.

Sage, Noah and Tucker's mouths are wide open. Tanner's mom puts her hand over her mouth and his dad looks into Tanner's arms at Turner.

"You have children?" Beau asks me.

"I don't know what Tanner has told you but the day I found out I was pregnant was the same day I thought he was cheating on me, the story was perfect and I believed it. I left and transferred to the University of Charlotte, I had the twins here and went to school. I graduated with my BSN in Nursing a few months ago. I named them after you and Grace while having their first names reflect Tanner" I tell them truthfully.

"I can't believe this, was she who I heard this morning?" Grace asks Tanner as Turner wiggles in his arms. He places Turner down and says "Yeah, we want to work out, we are taking it slow so that the kids can adjust".

"Tell me about them" she says while bending down and meeting Turner and Tatum's faces.

"Turner is the oldest, by five minutes. He was a big boy and Tatum was black and blue when she was born. I was in labor for 36 hours, I took care of them by myself for three years. They will be four on June 18th. Turner loves football, even before he met Tanner and Tatum loves dogs and her Barbies" I tell her.

A tear falls out of her eye "Hi, babies I'm grandma and this is Grandpa" she whispers while reaching up to Beau's arm and bringing him to their height.

"I Tatum, this Turner," Tatum tells her.

"Hi, I'm happy to meet you both" Graces says.

"Tanner he looks just like you as a baby, and Ellie she looks just like you with Tanner's eyes" she says in disbelief.

"Why don't you all come inside and sit down so we can talk?" Tanner says taking Turner and Tatum into his arms and walking into the living room. I follow him and sit next to him on the couch with Turner crawling in my arms as Tatum holds Tanner's hand.

"Ellie, why didn't you call us? or tell me we talked everyday" Grace asks me. I see Sage and the boys sit on the love seat, they have grown up so much.

"I'm sorry. I though that Tanner had used me for sex, I was a virgin and he's the only guy I've ever been with, after everything that happened I thought he only wanted me for that. He was a player so everything I was told made since, I didn't want my children to grow up with a broken family like I did".

Sage looks over at me and my clothes and Tatum and her old dress and says "How long have you been struggling to take care of them?"

"We have been doing fine, I've raised them on a waitresses salary and from the small job I had at the hospital, I got my degree and a promotion later, I just don't have a lot and refused to take money from other people so I can't buy them very expensive things" I tell her truthfully.