Chapter 2

**(Edited)**

Tanner's POV (3 years and a few months after first book ends)

I run out of my Bronco and straight to the stadium doors. I can't be late again, I'm just so tired, I haven't been sleeping well in three years. I look down at my phone and see it's 7:26. Practice starts at seven thirty. Shit.

I sprint to the locker-room door and throw my stuff down. Quickly stripping out of my clothes and changing into my practice uniform I sprint to the field. I make it just in time, thank god.

I still haven't got my schedule figured out all that good. I was offered a position from the Dallas Cowboys a few years ago. I took it because I was done with Alabama. I couldn't be there without her. Ellie left and campus didn't feel the same so I took the first chance I had to get out. I ultimately decided to finish my degree online through a small school, which I did, and now I'm starting my fifth practice with the Carolina Panthers.

After a year in Texas the Cowboys traded me for four new linebackers. I was shocked that they actually let me go. I know that they needed those linebackers though so here I am in Charlotte, North Carolina as the future starting quarterback. I can see why they traded the Linebackers, they have them coming out of their asses.

Literally everywhere you look the guys are huge. I know that I'm not small but the men here look like they eat bricks and straight protein powder.

I've changed a lot over the these few years. I'm currently 6'5" and I have gained at least thirty pounds in muscle, I'm guessing I weight close to  280 pounds now. I haven't really been keeping track of it though, I don't care how much I weigh anymore, especially since I've got a contract under my name.

After Ellie left me all I did was train, I like the pain. The only thing that kept me sane was football and weights. I became the best version of myself possible physically, emotionally I cried like a gigantic pussy every night for two months before I realized that she didn't want me. I've been days straight with doing nothing but working out, from that day on.

I can't forget her though, she'll always be my girl. I always wonder about what she's up to but she got rid all of my family from her life, blocked me and disappeared.

I still have her necklace but, the letter that she wrote I burnt a year ago. I still have the Nike's and the pictures she gave me too. I look at it everyday. I wish I would have spent more time with her, if I would have known she would have left I would have never gone off her hip.

I still have the Engagement ring I bought for her. After landing my contract I bought the whole thing in full, she will be wearing that ring one day. I'm so rich now that I could buy her one worth ten times that much but I don't want to, she will be wearing that one. I want her to have the one that looks like something meant for her.

I hear "Tanner get over here!" yelled across the field.
Picking up my pace with my helmet in my hand I run towards the offensive coach.

He runs through the practice rounds telling me that I'll be actually in game days situations today. I'm not nervous because I've done this before I just don't want to look bad.

"Okay, let's do it" I agree as he taps me on the back.

I nod and jog towards the field and get into the formation. After receiving the playing call from coach I yell "Blue 89, blue 89, HIKE!" while clapping my hands.

The center hikes the ball back and I go directly in my motion. I find one of the guys open about midfield so I push my shoulder back to throw it and I am tackled to the ground by a boulder. The last thing I remember was my name being yelled while being lifted up.