Chapter 5

**(Edited)**

Tanner's POV

I can't sleep, knowing that I'll be seeing Ellie tomorrow, well today now, it's enough to keep me up all night. Earlier the doctor came in and confirmed that I do have a concussion, nothing is wrong though, I feel fine. I just have a small headache. The nurse also scolded me for not being in my bed but honestly, this thing is painful to even lay in.

I get up and take the sheets off of me. I'm so lucky that the crew members came to check on me and brought clothes, real clothes. They even brought the right things, size 2XL sweatpants and a size 2XL shirt, I could have probably fit an extra large shirt but it squeeze's my biceps and I don't like it.

I walk into the hallway and towards the entrance, I need some air or something. I walk directly pass a window and the nurses station before seeing her.

Ellie is crying in her pajamas with her hands on her head. I have no idea how long she has been here but, from the looks of it something is seriously wrong.

I make my way to her and speak "Ellie, baby?"

She looks up horribly, her eyes are puffy and she looks like she's been crying for at least ten minutes. "What's wrong?" I ask sitting beside her.

Even when she is upset I still feel her body temperature rising. Looking over at her she mumbles "M..., my..., Tanner you need to know something" Is this about earlier?

"Okay" I tell her waiting on her to tell me.

She starts "I- We-" and is cut off by one of my nurses saying harshly "Ellie, Tatum woke up. You need to get in here". I look over at Ellie as she breaks into a full blown sprint.

Whoever Tatum is must be important, Is this why she was so desperate to get off last night?

I walk to where she just went and turn the corner. My breath hitches in my throat when I see two small children in beds right beside each other. Wait a minute, I look over at the boy an my heart stops. He looks just like me, everything is the same. He has my hair, my face structure, and my shoulders. It can't be, I always wore a condom with her. Except for the one time in the library where I ran my tip over her entrance.

I look at his sleeping figure and I know in my heart that he's my kid. Looking to the left I see a small girl behind Ellie. The child can't see me but, that doesn't stop me from looking at her.

Holy shit, she has my eyes. How in the hell does she have my eyes? She looks just like Ellie, from her brown hair to her tan skin, to the way she talks. How is this possible?

Looking down I see my daughter raise up and kiss Ellie on the cheek and saying "Promise!" while smiling. My heart stops as my eyes fill with tears. She talks just like Ellie, she smiles just like Ellie.

Ellie sits beside her and watches her fall asleep before turning around. She has major explaining to do.

"You...we...I... have children, you didn't tell me?" is the only thing I can rasp out with tears threatening to escape my eyes. The only thing I have cried for is Ellie but, right now I want to cry for my kids. I know they are mine, in my gut I know it.

"Yeah-h, I got pregnant and upset, that's the reason I left. They're twins, I named them Turner and Tatum, after you" she says quietly. I can't process this, I have kids. Twins, I didn't even know existed.

I look down at her "Why?" I rasp out while holding my watery eyes back. Why wouldn't she tell me and let me be there for her?

She looks at me but I can't see her all I see are my twins in hospital beds. She says "I found out everything, I was heart broken and pregnant, what would you have done if the guy you loved didn't want you?" I can't even look her in the face, she kept this from me. I don't understand why she didn't just tell me about her being pregnant.

Tanner's Torment (Kingston Series #2) ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें