Chapter 17 - UK vs. US

It had been 5 weeks since Riker and I had started dating and things were going fabulously. I couldn't imagine myself being happier. However, in 3 weeks I had my finals. If I didn't ace these, I wouldn't be able to go to New York, and I'd have to repeat the whole year - in London. Riker had also told me that if all 5 of them don't ace these then they're not going on tour, until next year. So a lot was on the line these next 3 weeks.

I was studying in my room, trying to learn about the different parts of the brain, when I heard a knock on the door. Charlie was at a class, so I was on my own. I answered the door, and was a bit shocked when Ell came bursting in.

"I need your help," he said, quickly.

"Well, hello to you too Ellington. I'm good, thanks for asking," I said, sarcastically.

"Hurry up, I don't have time for your sassy remarks," he smirked, making me chuckle.

"I'm not sassy! Anyway, I don't have time. I need to study. And so do you, remember?" I questioned.

"Please? This will take 2 hours max," he pleaded. I rolled my eyes and nodded wearily. I went into my bedroom to grab my shoes, and walked out the door, Ell on my heels.

I was wearing blue skinny jeans, an oversised sweater with the Union Jack on it, a red beanie, and a London themed charm bracelet that my friends back home had bought me, so I wouldn't forget them. As if! I was also wearing a silver key necklace, and red Dr Martens, with a white shoulder bag. (outfit:- http://www.polyvore.com/no_place_like_london/set?id=122384121)

Once we got to Ell's car, I asked,

"So, what are we doing?"

"Just come with me," he beckoned me to his car, and I got in, wondering where he was taking me. After 10 minutes and us singing along to every song that came on the radio, and rather badly might I add, we arrived at a big pitch, where I saw all the Lynches, Curt, some new people and Ashley.

"Ell, what are we doing?" I questioned.

"Well,basically, we were playing football and we needed another player and Ashley was too worried about 'breaking a nail' or something," this made me laugh as he immitated Ashley. He continued, "So I brought you,"

"Ell! I don't have time to play football! I've still got so much to study!" I complained.

"Come on, it's good to get a break!" I sighed, and got out the car.

Riker rushed up to me and grabbed my hand, saying, "Hey," softly.

"Hi," I smiled, and leant up to peck him on the lips. I walked over to Rydel, and greeted her and the rest of them.

"Is Charlie here?" Rocky asked, looking around. I giggled at his cuteness and told him she's at class, to which he looked extremely disappointed.

"Jessie, this is Brandon, Savannah, Alexa and Luke," Ell said, going down the line of new people. I greeted them, and they all seemed really nice.

"Hey! I'm Jessie," I said.

"She's my girlfriend," Riker said, proudly, which made my heart swell.

"Jess, do you know how to play football?" Riker asked.

"Of course I do! I grew up with two older brothers,"

"Awesome! This should be fun then," he replied. We split up into teams: Me, Brandon, Ell, Luke, Savannah and Rocky on one team; Riker, Ross, Curt, Ryland, Alexa, and Rydel on the other.

Ell handed me the ball and asked, "Do you wanna start?" I looked down in shock.

"What is this?" I asked.