Chapter 19 - Mr. Frapuccino

This chapter is dedicated to @MickeysOreoIceCream for being a sweetheart 😘❤️

******

"Oh my gosh, I've got my first exam in two days and I know nothing!!" I panicked.

"Calm down, baby, it'll be fine. You've studied like crazy and you know your stuff. There's no way you're going to fail," Riker assured me, stroking my hair as I got up from the comfy position on his chest. "Come on, let's go home. I'll drop you back,"

We walked back through the park to his car, which we took because it was supposed to rain, but didn't.

"Hey, can I come back to yours? I haven't seen everyone in ages, especially Ross," I asked. I had talked to Rydel, Rocky, Ell and Ryland on WhatsApp but not Ross.

Riker suddenly got a nervous look on his face. "Um, I don't think they're at home,"

"Yeah they are, Dels told me that she was going to be at home, studying today. And Ry's SnapChat story says so too," I told him.

"Um, well, don't you have to study?" He questioned.

"I'm not exactly going to study if I got home. Especially not with Rocky and Charlie there, making out 24/7,"

"Uh, everyone's studying there anyway, so you may as well go home where you'll get some peace and quiet,"

"If everyone's studying there, then why can't I too?"

"Well, um, uh-" he stuttered.

"Look, if you don't want me to come round, just say it. Don't try to make up an excuse," I said, angrily. Riker promised me he would never lie to me, and now that all seemed to go out the window.

"Well?" I questioned. He didn't say anything. "You know what? Forget it. I'll walk home." I said, getting out of the car. I made it a good half way down the street before I heard Riker shouting behind me.

"Jess! Jess, wait. Please," he shouted, running up and grabbing my hand.

"What?" I said, aggressively.

"I'm sorry, okay? You can come, but you're not going to like what you see. But, I suppose it's time you know," he said, leading me back to his car.

Tears filled my eyes, as I thought about what could be waiting. Was Riker cheating on me? Had he finally noticed what a high maintenance, fat, ugly, nut-job I was? Probably. I tried my hardest not to assume the worse, but my mind kept wandering, and my hands unconsciously wrapped themselves around my stomach.

We got back pretty soon and went inside. I saw Rydel sitting in the kitchen, talking quietly with Ell.

"Hey guys!" I said, trying to cover up my worry. They looked shocked to see me, but greeted me anyway.

"Hey Jess! What are you doing here?" Rydel said, nervously, but hugging me nevertheless.

"Can't I come see my friends?" I said, playfully. "Hey, Ell," I said, hugging him tightly. As much as I loved everyone, Ell was the only one I could trust as much as Riker. He hugged me equally tightly, but froze when he heard people coming down the stairs.

"OMG that was, like, so funny!" I heard Ashley say.

"I know right! I'm never letting this go, Ross!" I heard a familiar voice. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but I knew it was familiar.

"Riky! You're home!" the same voice said.

"Oh, uh, hey, Chloe," he said.

Chloe.