Chapter 9 - Say Yes!

Jessie's POV

"Hi gorgeous," I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around and saw a tall boy with short, curly brown hair and eyes as blue as the ocean. 

"Nick! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed, jumping into his arms. "I thought you weren't going to be back until next week!"

"I couldn't resist coming to see my beautiful girl, especially not on her birthday." He pushed his lips against mine, but it felt weird, as if I was being forced into it. "So, have you been taking them?"

I hesitated. "Um, yeah. Everyday this week." He smirked and said, "Well done. What about today?" 

"Nick, it's my birthday. Can I please skip it, just for today?" His eyes went dark, and he glared at me.

"Do you really want to look ugly in front of everyone at your birthday party? The dress I bought for you won't fit if you don't do it. Let's face it, it probably won't fit you anyway, but at least if you take them it will make you look less awful." Tears swelled in my eyes, and I looked down. He lifted my chin and said,

"Hey, I'm sorry. I just want my girl to look as amazing as she possibly can. Okay?" I slowly nodded and he kissed my forehead, saying, "That's my girl." He left the room as I broke down into tears. He came back and saw me crying, and started screaming.

"Come on, slut! Just take the pills, and then maybe I don't have to be ashamed of you! You're just a fat, ungrateful bitch and you don't deserve me at all!" And then he put the razor in my hand and forced it along my stomach, leaving a deep cut.

"Jessie, wake up. Please wake up," I heard Charlie say, lightly shaking me. I realised that I was actually crying. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 4am. 

"Charlie! I can't stop thinking about what happened. What if the same thing happens with Riker?" I exlaimed, while I was still crying.

"Honey, it's not going to happen with Riker. He's such a sweetheart, why would he do something like that?"

"I thought Nick was sweet at first as well. I can't do this anymore. I have to stop seeing Riker, before I get hurt again." I decided.

"But-but...umm...just promise me you'll do it face to face. If he calls you and wants to go on a date, do it on the date - at the end. Okay?"

"Okay...?" I said uncertainly.

Charlie's POV

I really wish Jessie wasn't so scared to trust guys. I swear if I ever see Nick again I will stab him, and drop his body off a cliff. I just hope she agrees to Riker's request of her being his girlfriend. He's an amazing guy, and I know he would never ever hurt her. I just wish she could see that...

*****

Riker's POV

I looked at the clock. It was 11:00am. Jess must be up by now. I dialled her number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" I heard a sweet voice on the other end of the line.

"Hey Jess!"

"Oh, um, hi Riker," she said, hesitantly.

"So, I was wondering if you want to go out tomorrow?" I asked.

"Um..." I heard her whispering something to Charlie. "Yeah, that sounds good..." she said tentitavely. Did I do anything to offend her or something? She seemed scared of me...