Chapter 15 - Ed

"Ed?" Just saying the name brought tears to my eyes. There he was. Even after 3 years, he looked exactly the same. The scruffy red hair, the freckles dotted around his face, the gorgeous blue eyes.

"Oh my god," he muttered, and engulfed me in a hug. I tried to resist at first, but I couldn't help wrapping my arms around him. I missed his hugs so much.

Jessie, what are you doing? He hurt you! He didn't even try to contact you. Why are you hugging him?

I pushed him away quite violently and he looked shocked.

"Here, Jess," I heard Riker say, as he handed me a glass of wine. I didn't take it - I just looked between the two boys. My past and my future. And I ran.

I ran out the room, and down a corridor trying to find an empty room.

"Wait, Jessie, I can explain!" I heard Ed shout behind me.

"Jess, wait, what's wrong?" Riker shouted at the same time.

I finally found an empty room. It was a broom closet,but I didn't care. Tears started streaming down my face, as I crouched down on th floor, and I couldn't stop them. Suddenly, Ed burst through the door.

"There you are!" He exclaimed. "Listen, Jessie, I can explain,"

"How?! How can you possibly explain why you left me when I needed you? How do you have the audacity to talk to me, to hug me as if everything's alright?" I screamed at him.

"You're right. I can't explain." He surrendered softly,and sat down next to me. "But I can apologize. Jessie, I am so sorry for leaving you like that. I guess the fame just got to my head. I was a selfish, dickhead and I know that it's hard to forgive me after I left you with that douchebag, but I'm begging you. I want my best friend back,"

I couldn't stay mad at him. I wanted my best friend back as well. Charlie was amazing and basically my sister, but there was something about Ed that just made him different. But what if he leaves me again? I couldn't handle that.

"I'll think about it," I barely whispered.

"Jess! There you are! Are you alright?" a very worried Riker asked, as he flung the door open.

I nodded, but he didn't look convinced.

"I'll leave you two alone" Ed said, and went back to the party. Riker rushed up to me and hugged me, as I softly cried into his shoulder.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked, stroking my hair.

"I'm fine" i sniffled. "Just a lot of memories coming back,"

"Why was Ed Sheeran chasing you?" Riker asked incredulously.

I laughed and began to explain the whole story, "We used to be best friends. Three years ago, when I was 16 and he was 17. (A/N I know that Ed is older than 20 but it's for story purposes :p)
Well, we were before he got a record deal, and he got really busy. He promised that he'd always have time for me, but I noticed that he started talking to me less and less. Then, one day, he just packed his bags and left. No goodbye, nothing. Not even a text. I only found out when I saw a tweet that he was moving. I called, texted, tweeted, emailed and even wrote a letter to him, but he never replied. He didn't care anymore. Him and Charlie were the only ones who knew about my crazy ex-boyfriend, and he left when Charlie was on holiday. My only source of help was gone. And now he's back, and he's saying how sorry he is, and I want to forgive him but I just don't want to get hurt again," I was still sobbing, but a lot less than before. Riker just looked shocked.

He cradled me into him, and kissed my forehead. "I think you should forgive him. He's obviously really sorry, and wants you to be his friend again. Also, it might help your boyfriend's band to be friends with a big-shot celebrity," he winked, making me laugh. "There's that beautiful smile," he whispered. He put his hand on my cheek, and gently stroked my cheekbone, looking into my eyes, with those gorgeous brown ones. I leant up and kissed him softly. "Thank you," I whispered.