Chapter 18 - Parks & Cheesy Pick-Up Lines

"Come on, it'll be fun!" he pleaded. "All we ever do is study - I think we deserve a break," I rolled my eyes at his grovelling, but I smiled and said,

"There's a reason we study all the time, you know,"

"Yeah, yeah, I know, we need good grades and all that, but I barely see you anymore," I could practically hear him pouting.

"You saw me yesterday!"

"Yeah, but at class doesn't count. I want to see you properly! Please? Pretty please?" he pleaded.

"Fine! I'll meet you at yours in half an hour?"

"Can't wait," he said and hung up. I checked the time and once again rolled my eyes when I realised I had just spent half an hour talking to Riker on the phone, him begging me to go out with him. I closed my Biology book and got up from my lying position on my bed.

"CHARLIE, I'M GOING TO RIKER'S IN HALF AN HOUR, DO YOU WANNA COME?" I shouted to her in the room next to mine.

"SORRY I CAN'T, I'VE GOT MY FIRST EXAM IN THE MORNING" she shouted back, making me laugh.

I quickly got dressed and did my make up. I put on a tan dress that had lace on the top, and ruffles past the waistline. I put on my treble cleff necklace, a heart charm bracelet, and my rose gold watch. I did my make up and put on my contacts, before grabbing my denim jacket, tan heels, and light blue hand bag. (Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/gold_blue/set?id=149963944)

I also grabbed my Biology book and put it in my bag, in case I got any time to study. I decided to walk the 10 minutes to Riker's house, and as soon as I got there, I had the door slammed in my face, by Ross.

"Um, hello?" I said, ringing the doorbell again.This time, luckily, it was Riker who opened the door, though he came outside and shut it quickly.

"Jessie! Hey! What a suprise to see you here!" he said, theatrically.

"Not really...you called me telling me to meet you here..." I said - I was so confused.

"Oh yeah! Um, shall we, um, go, like, now?" he stuttered. I gave him a weird look, and said, "Yeah..."

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"There's a place I want to show you. It's like a 15 minute walk, is that cool?" I nodded and he led the way, intertwining my hand with his.

"I missed you," he said, seeming back to normal, and kissing my hand as we walked.

"I'm sorry, Rik. I know it's annoying. I just really can't fail these exams," I apologised.

"You know," he smirked, "if we both fail, we'll get to stay together another whole year,"

"Mm, not likely" I laughed. "If I fail, I'll have to go back to London, and repeat my whole year there,"

A sad look crossed his face as he said, "So either way, I'll lose you,"

"New York's only a 3 hour flight from LA," I smiled, trying to hide my sadness. "But let's not talk about that now. Where are we going?"

He was obviously trying to mask his sadness as well, so he smiled and told me, "It's one of my favourite places in LA. Trust me, you'll love it,"

We chatted and laughed for the next 10 minutes, and soon, Riker said, "Here we are,". I looked at where we were, completely unimpressed.

"Griffith Park? I've been here a million and two times..."

"A million and two?" he laughed.

"I like being original," I said, smugly.

"Yep, one of a kind, you are," he smirked. "Anyway, I bet you haven't seen this part of Griffith Park," he said, leading us inside. But, he didn't go the normal way through. No, he took us to the left, into the big clump of trees.

"Rik, where are we going?!" He simply ignored me. We carried on trudging through the trees, until we reached a small clearing.

"Almost there," he assured me. Suddenly I saw a big black blob crawling up Riker's leg.

"Um, Rik," I tried to warn him. "Riker," I tried again after he ignored me.

"I'm not telling you where we're - AAAHHH!!" he screamed, as the spider crawled over his beach blonde hair. I burst out laughing at his panic as he tried to shake it off. He finally got it off, and glared at me.

"That was not funny!"

"It so was. I tried to warn you!" I said, between laughter. "The poor thing's probably terrified right now, look how small it is!"

"It's not a 'poor thing'! It's evil,"

"Don't tell me Riker Lynch, the famous pop star, is scared of spiders?!"

"Everyone's scared of something! At least I'm not scared of pigeons," he teased.

"Hey, those things are creepy as hell! They just watch you, and then suddenly start flying! At least I don't scream higher than most people can sing," That made him stop laughing, as I smiled smugly. "Come on then,"

We walked for a bit longer, and soon I saw the light of day. Riker clasped my hand again, and smiled as I stood there awestruck. It was gorgeous. There were trees dotted everywhere, and to the right there was a small pond, with a clump of lily pads and lotus flowers to one side. The trees were covered with pink flowers and the grass was a gorgeous light green.

"Come on, there's more," Riker said, leading me through the valley. We walked through our beautiful surroundings until we reached the edge of what was apparently a cliff. Looking out, I could see the whole of Los Angeles in front of me. It was the most gorgeous sight I'd ever seen.

"Rik," I fumbled for words. "It's amazing. It's so beautiful,"

"Not as beautiful as you," he said, making me burst out laughing.

"Oh. My. God." I said, trying to catch my breath from laughing so much. "That is literally the cheesiest line in the world,"

"Hey, I'm known for my cheesiness," he smiled.

***

We spent the whole day just lounging around the area. Riker groaned when I brought my Biology book out, but he didn't mind as I lent my head in his lap and talked to him constantly, barely taking in any information.

We did this every day for the next week. Talking, having fun, Riker even brought picnics. It was so nice to just have time, us together. All of a sudden, it seemed as if I didn't care about exams, or going back to London, or New York. All that mattered was Riker. Just Riker.

That didn't last long.

*****

I HATE MYSELF I CANNOT BELIEVE I DID NOT UPLOAD FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS. It's just so much easier to write when I have holidays,so updates should increase in the next 3 weeks.

I know I'm not really in a position to complain but last chapter only got 1 vote and no comments :((

Please, pretty please vote, comment, follow etc. if you do I will follow you and give you a shoutout!!

Love you all xx

VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE. FOLLOW.