Chapter 10 - I Can't Do It...

I LOVE KELLY SHE'S AWESOME I DON'T MEAN ANYTHING I SAY ABOUT HER IN THE STORY XXXX

Jessie's POV

It had been 2 weeks since I had last spoken to Riker and I missed him so freaking much. I know I had only known him for a short amount of time, but I still feel like my life is empty without him. I don't even know why I said no anymore. I need to learn how to trust people again, and maybe Riker was the person who could help me to do that, but no, being the idiot I am, I turned him down.

He's probably dating someone else now, some gorgeous Cali girl, with blonde hair and blue eyes, supermodel skinny with amazing clothes and tons of money. Someone who was tall, and stylish and actually fun to be around.

I hadn't left my room for days, except for work. I didn't see the point. It's not like I've got anywhere to go. The only place I want to go, I can't. I hadn't spoken to any of the Lynch's since that day, but Ratliff had come round almost every day, trying to cheer me up. We had become really good friends. The last time he had come round I had confronted him about the whole 'Rydellington' issue.

"How come you told Rydel that you didn't like her? Can't you see that she's in love with you?!" I asked him.

"I think it's better for us to just be friends. If we were anything else there'd be too many issues, the main one being my ex-girlfriend, Kelly. Also, I know that Riker would never let us be together - he's way to protective,"

I thought about this for a second before saying, "Maybe you should tell Rydel that, instead of lying and saying you don't have feelings for her. She was crying for a long time after you told her you didn't like her," When I said this, Ell looked really sad, and heartbroken that he had made Rydel cry.

"She actually cried over me? God, I'm such an idiot! Why did I say that?!"

"It's fine, you can still fix it!" I tried to comfort him and get him to stop banging his head on the wall. "Just talk to her. You won't get anywhere if you don't tell her how you actually feel,"

"Okay...thanks, Jessie."

"No problem! That's what best friends are for!" There was a few minutes of silence, both of us just thinking. I tentitavely asked Ratliff, "How's Riker?"

"Oh, um, he's fine..."

"What does 'fine' mean? Like, is he happy, is he depressed, is he dating anybody else?"

"Well, he, um..."

"Ell, please just tell me!"

"He's exactly the same as you. He hasn't left his room for 2 weeks, not even to eat. He won't let anyone into his room, but he's always strumming his guitar and muttering things. I can never hear what he's saying, but I've caught something about sailing round the sea..."

I was the one who felt heartbroken then. Why didn't I just say yes?! I'm such an idiot.

"Jessie, if you don't mind me asking, why didn't you say yes?" Ratliff asked, hesitantly.

"I don't even know!" I exclaimed. "I suppose it was because I can't trust guys after what happened with my last boyfriend. I'm scared the same thing is going to happen again..."

"What did he do?" Was I ready to tell someone what happened? The only person I'd ever told was Charlie. I'd only known Ellington for a few weeks.

"Sorry, I'm not ready to tell anyone," I told him. He nodded and said,

"Well, whatever this guy did, I know that Riker would never ever hurt you. He's too nice, and cares about you too much."

*****