Chapter 4 - First Date!

Jessie's POV

Today was Wednesday. The day of the date. It was 1 o'clock, I was supposed to meet Riker in an hour. I was really scared! Ever since Nick, I had found it really hard to trust people. No Jessie! Don't even think about him. Riker is sweet, caring and would never hurt you. Charlie wanted to help me get ready, but she had a class, so I guess I was on my own.

I put on my high waisted black shorts, a long sleeved t-shirt that said 'YES' on it, and my grey converse, as Riker told me to dress casually. I put on an elephant pendant necklace, grey leather hoop earrings and a silver, leather bracelet. I put on silvery eye shadow, mascara, blusher, and lipgloss. I looked in the mirror, to make sure I looked okay. (Outfit here and on the side: http://www.polyvore.com/yes/set?id=114042859) 

It was now 1:45, so I started to walk to the café. It was only a 10 minute walk, and I didn't want to bother taking my car. I was expecting him to be late, as the only guy I've ever dated, Nick, was always late. But, to my suprise, when I got there he was waiting for me, looking really nervous. He spotted me and got up.

"Hey Jess! You look beautiful," he grinned. I blushed and said,

"Thanks, Riker. You don't look too bad yourself," It was my turn to smirk now. He was wearing a blue and white checkered shirt, which he left open with a white t-shirt underneath, and skinny jeans. I was about to sit down, but he rushed over to my side, took the chair out for me, and helped me in. That's new. 

"Thanks" I smiled. "So, can you tell me where are we going?" 

"Nope, it's a suprise," he said. 

"Ugh, I love suprises, but I hate not knowing!" I whined, while he laughed. 

"Fine, I'll tell you one thing. It has something to do with one of your favourite bands."

"And, how do you know what my favourite bands are? Stalker" He laughed and said,

"Actually you told me that night we met,"

We sat there talking for about half an hour, until Riker said we had to go. We got into his car, and Riker turned the radio on.

"Does R5 have a CD I can listen to?" I asked.

"Not yet, but I have three tracks on a disc that we can listen to. We're still working on the rest of the album," he said, pressing a button. 

We listened to all three songs, Loud, I Want U Bad, and Here Comes Forever (all three of these songs were amazing!), but then we arrived to where we were going. The place we were at was a big field, with a stage and a huge crowd of people.

"Riker, where are we?! Why is there a stage?" I asked. He just chuckled and told me to 'shh'. Then, a loud booming voice came over the speakers. 

WHO'S READY TO HAVE SOME FUN?

The crowd went crazy, but I was just standing there wondering what was happening. 

"Riker, I swear if you've brought me to some sort of druggie party, I will murder you," I said to him.

"Relax, trust me you'll love it," he said laughing, but looking somewhat scared.

NOW PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR NEON TREES!

Oh my god. Riker brought me to a Neon Trees concert. I was fangirling so much internally, but I was trying not to show it.

"It's okay, you can fangirl if you want," Riker said, in my ear, because of the loud screams. I felt shivers run down my spine. I took this as an oppertunity to go absolutely crazy, jumping and screaming at the top of my lungs! Riker was staring at me and laughing his head off. 

When I had calmed down a little, I slapped his arm lightly, trying to get him to stop laughing. I was about to tell him to shut up, when I heard a voice through the microphone,

Here we are again, I kinda wanna be more than friends,

So take it easy on me, I'm afraid you're never satisfied. 

Neon Trees came out onto the stage and carried on singing the rest of the song. They sung Animal, Everybody Talks, 1983, Your Surrender, Sleeping With A Friend and loads of other songs! I still can't get over the fact that Riker bought tickets to a Neon Trees concert - they must have been so expensive. 

By the time the concert had finished, it was about 11pm. On the ride home, I thanked Riker again and again for bringing me.

"Please stop thanking me!!" he laughed after about 10 minutes of me telling how much I owed him. 

"But it must have been so expensive!" I said.

"I really don't care how expensive it was. As long as it makes you smile, I'd spend thousands of dollars," he said. I blushed really hardly at this. No one had ever said anything that cute to me before. 

After 5 minutes we got to my apartment building. Riker parked his car and walked me up to my apartment. 

"Thanks so much, Riker. I had so much fun tonight," I told him. He smiled and said,

"No problem. I had loads of fun as well!" He was looking into my eyes and his hand moved to my cheek. I could see him leaning in, and I didn't realise, but I think I was as well. Our lips touched and I could feel those cliché sparks everywhere. Except, for me it wasn't cliché, because I had never felt them before. This kiss was so soft and passionate, unlike anything I'd ever felt. Riker's hands went to my waist and pulled me closer, while I tangled my fingers in his hair. 

Our lips moved in sync for a while, until I felt Riker's tounge brushing over my bottom lip, asking to deepen the kiss. Then I realised what I was doing. I was kissing a boy, who I'd only known for a week and a half, and we'd only been on one date. I promised myself I'd never let myself fall for anyone again, and here I was kissing some boy I barely knew. 

Except, I felt like I'd known him my whole life. 

Just carry on kissing him. It's just one kiss, nothing's going to happen.

That's what I thought about Nick.

This thought about Nick made me pull away. Riker looked slightly disappointed, but covered it. I tried to cover my uneasiness, and opened my door.

"I should probably go. I have a Biology class tomorrow morning," I said. Then I smiled and said, "Thanks again. We should do it again some time," I was about to step into my apartment, when he said,

"Are you, um, free on Saturday? I'm filming Glee, and I was wondering if you wanted to come?" 

"Really?! That would be awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Cool! I'll text you the details," he said. 

I walked into my apartment and switched the light on. What was I doing? I came to LA to study, not to go around kissing boys. 

But this wasn't just some guy. This was Riker. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

So what do you guys think? Let me know!

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!

--goldstar3400