Chapter 20 - Finals

Huge shoutout to SammieR5er1229 for being an amazing reader!!

******
I had finished almost all of my exams, I just had two left. I think they went okay, but you could never be too sure. They provided a good distraction from Riker and Chloe, but my mind still pondered over whether to give her a second chance or not.

At the moment I was sitting in a recording studio, listening to Ed record a new song for his album. I brought my revision notes to go over while I waited for him to go to lunch, but I kept getting distracted by his incredible voice.

Loving can hurt
Loving can hurt sometimes
But it's the only thing
That I know

And when it gets hard
You know it can get hard sometimes
It is the only thing that makes us feel alive

Don't I know it. This song was so real - it was amazing.

Riker had called me hundreds of times in the last two weeks, and had come over three or four times but Charlie had never let him in. I just needed a break from all this drama, and I still couldn't get over what he said to me.

In his defence, he didn't know what an impact that would have on me, but it still gave him no right to lie to me, and then scream at me.

I was so distracted by my own thoughts that I didn't realise that Ed had finished until he slapped me over the head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" I moaned.

"You were completely zoned out and I couldn't get your attention," he explained, obviously holding back a laugh.

"Couldn't you have tried, I don't know, saying my names a few times, waving your hand in front of my face," I suggested.

"Yeah, but this was more fun," he winked.

"Oh, Ed, how I've missed you and your annoying ways," I sighed, getting up and putting my arm round his shoulder.

"Of course you have, I'm impossible not to miss," he joked, making me laugh. "Now, where do you want to eat?"

"Anywhere. I'm starving,"

"Pizza?" Ed suggested. I nodded eagerly and we started walking towards Pizza Palace. Unfortunatley, the restaurant was really close to the Lynch house, and I prayed that I wouldn't see Riker there.

I couldn't tell Ed that. If he knew about my fight with Riker, he'd go ballistic and go punch his face off.

I did, however, tell him about Chloe coming back, but avoided the topic of Riker's reaction. He had reacted pretty much the same as Charlie.

I texted Charlie and told her to meet us at Pizza Palace in 20 minutes, as we were planning on walking.

"So when are you planning on releasing your album?" I asked Ed as we began to walk.

"I'm hoping around October, but that might be a little presumptuous, considering I've only actually done and dusted 3 songs. It's so hard to actually -"

Do do do do do do do do ba ba ba da ba ba da ba ba da

My phone started playing the Glee theme tune letting me know someone was calling me. I looked to see who it was and saw 'Riker <3' on the screen. I ignored it and out my phone back in my pocket.

"Why'd you ignore it?" asked Ed.

"Oh, just because," I said, vaguely.

"Because what?" He obviously wasn't going to let this go.

"Um, well, Riker and I got in a little bit of a fight," I said tentatively.

"What?! What did he say?!" he exclaimed.