'He Was A Man, Taken For All In All I Shall Not Look Upon His Like Again'

Mulai dari awal

"Goodness Sarek your people seem a bit too overprotective of you for apparently even a small concert is too much for your young bones to handle though it could put you to sleep faster if you so allowed!"  Dezirae teases her old friend when he arrives on the Enterprise Ki Mendrossen scoffs and rolls his eyes whereas Sarek's eyes sparkle as though he was smiling "welcome aboard the Enterprise, Ambassador Sarek"  Picard says with a smile "we come to serve"  Sarek replies as he and his wife walk off the transporter pad "your service honors us"  Picard says "allow me to present she who is my wife"  Sarek introduces "Mrs. Sarek"  Picard replies with a slightly small bow "please call me Perrin, Captain"  Sarek's wife says with a smile "this is my first officer, Commander William Riker and it seems you already know Dezirae"  Picard introduces "I've met Sarek and his son a time or two but never their wives.... hopefully they're not the jealous type!"  Dezirae says ending with a tease Riker chuckles "and yes the men are used to my.... unique sense of humor and tend to tolerate it which is more than I can say for the rest of you!"  she adds once again ending with a tease Riker laughs "Captain, would you be so kind as to show us to our quarters?"  Perrin asks "I prefer to view the conference room first"  Sarek says "Ambassador, I'm sure Sakkath and I can handle all the necessary details"  Ki says Dezirae rolls her eyes "I will examine it for myself"  Sarek tells him standing firm in his desire "perhaps it would be best if we settled in first"  Perrin says cupping her hand over her husbands arm "they worry about my health, Captain too much you will take me to the conference room, please"  Sarek says "if you'll follow us, sir"  Riker replies "come Sarek we'll catch up as we walk"  Dezirae says sliding her arm through Sarek's free one "I look forward to it my friend"  Sarek replies as he allows her and Riker to lead him out of the room along with his wife and their small entourage.... "I have never seen your husband smile so much"  Dezirae comments to Perrin as they walk "it's nice.... he's always had such a kind, gentle smile.... and before you start to worry I see the smile in his eyes not his lips though it has been slightly showing there a bit as well just not as brightly"  she adds when she sees her expression she becomes curious when she senses the woman's relief "would it frighten you if I mentioned I have seen your stepson smile as well!"  Dezirae teases Perrin chuckles "apparently.... she sounds quite frightened wouldn't you agree R!?!"  Dezirae jokes "quite"  Riker replies with a smile and the sparkle in Sarek's eyes brightens even more as though he was trying his best to contain his laughter and that's when Perrin seems to notice it as she looks into her husbands eyes and she comments "I see what you mean!"  Dezirae says "they say the eyes are the windows to the soul and what a soul he has!.... and yes I am always like this!"  Perrin laughs as both Riker and Sarek nod in agreement as Dezirae continues "and these poor unsuspecting souls are "forced" to deal with it though at times they do join in as well.... when the mood strikes.... which is more often then they care to admit!"  making Perrin's laughter grow slightly as they reach the conference room "this is where I must leave you since I am not to be a part of this.... it was good to see you again Sarek and a pleasure to meet you Perrin"  Dezirae says as she unwraps her arm from Sarek's then kisses his cheek softly "you as well"  Perrin replies with a smile Dezirae bows before her friend and his wife then waves at Riker who waves back before she walks away.... the next time Sarek and his wife see Dezirae is at the concert in the ships theater where everyone stands at attention when they arrive "Ambassador Sarek, Perrin, on behalf of the entire crew, welcome"  Picard says as he walks down from his seat and stands next to Dezirae who took a seat at the very front of the stage "it was my wife's suggestion that we attend it seemed an ideal diversion Perrin can be quite logical, when she so chooses"  Sarek jokes in a very Vulcan like manner "it seems that the Ambassador had more free time than I anticipated"  Mendrossen says "or he has a finer appreciation for the arts than you do Mendrossen!"  Dezirae replies with a dark bite in her tone Mendrossen narrows his eyes at her "Commander Data will be our featured soloist this evening"  Picard says trying to calm the air Data walks over violin in hand nods at the Vulcan.... who nods back respectfully.... and his wife and says "I have been programmed to reproduce the individual musical styles of over three hundred concert violinists, including Heifetz, Menuhin, Grak-tay and Tataglia do you have a preference?"  Perrin looks at her husband who nod then she replies with her usual smile "Tataglia would be lovely"  Data says "I hope you find the performance pleasing"  Perrin replies "I look forward to it"  Picard says to Data "at your convenience, Mister Data please"  Data looks into Dezirae's eyes and she smiles at him then he walks back to the stage to take his place as Sarek and his wife sit next to Dezirae as everyone takes their seats and the concert starts....

 and his wife and says "I have been programmed to reproduce the individual musical styles of over three hundred concert violinists, including Heifetz, Menuhin, Grak-tay and Tataglia do you have a preference?"  Perrin looks at her husband who nod t...

Dezirae pats Sarek's thigh as tears begin to form then fall from his eyes Sarek smiles at his friend "perhaps you should go rest"  Dezirae whispers "he might not understand since he was programmed to be the perfect human looking Vulcan but he'll forgive you"  she adds Sarek nods with a smile then he looks at his wife who wipes a tear from his eye then they stand up and leave Perrin looks at Dezirae grateful for her understanding and nods at her before they depart Desiree bows her head in reply then turns her attention back to the concert as Sarek's other two shadows follow them out.... the next day Dezirae walks into Ten Forward as a brawl starts and shouts "ENOUGH!!"  hearing her voice project throughout the semi-large room the people in it stop fighting yank on the bottom of their shirts as she orders  "now clean up your mess!"  and they get busy doing as they were ordered just as Riker and Worf walk in and stand behind her staring at the mess before them in shock "I was worried about this!"  Dezirae whispers softly with a worried tone she jumps slightly when she hears Riker ask from behind her "about what!?"  she turns to face him and replies "I think Sarek may have Bendii Syndrome"  he looks at her confused "it's a rare Vulcan illness that on rare occasions Vulcans will suffer through when they are over the age of 200 where they lose the emotional control Vulcans are so well known for and it can be unintentionally telepathically transferred to others.... Bev may be able to explain it better"  she explains he nods "if you would like to take over"  she says he chuckles then replies "but of course"  she nods at the two of them then walks around them and back out of the room.... Dezirae walks into Sarek's quarters and goes straight into his room where he was once again trying to meditate as soon as she enters Sarek feels at peace for the first time in a long time "tell me your worries my friend"  he says "why don't you meditate first!?.... you seem to miss it"  she replies he smiles then nods she walks over and sits by his side and meditates along with him and she calmly tells him about what she had just witnessed "you think it's because of me"  he states "I know it's because of you!"  she replies "as you stated your fellowship has been overly protective of you in a way they never should have been they never should have hid their concerns in fear of how you would take it they should have helped you in a much different way by helping you face said fear with the strength I have known you and your son to have.... not that Spock has gained it as of yet" she adds he chuckles and she says with a playful tone "shh!"  making him chuckle once more which makes her chuckle "perhaps you can figure out some form of compromise so you can continue your promised duties.... if you choose to mind meld may I suggest Jean-Luc he is practically your age in human years but he.... other than Data who you can't mind meld with.... as far as I know anyway.... is the strongest mind I know and as Captian he may "offer" himself up anyway for he likes playing the "sacrificial lamb" of sorts for the people he cares about and respects or if you rather I could do it then again I have been in your mind so I'm not sure how well it would work a second time"  she says he chuckles with a smile and nods as he says "I appreciate the suggestion"  she smiles then they meditate in silence for awhile and as always he is grateful for her honesty and her help in his meditation for as she said he has indeed missed it