057 - NARRATIVE

WONDERING

"HEY, CAN I SIT?" LAVENDER TURNED BEHIND HER TO SEE JADEN APPROACHING. she merely nodded before turning back around feeling a presence dropped next to her.

she was sat on the steps out the front of josh and jadens house as she watched the cars drive by and the trees swaying in the wind. listening to the birds chirping as she took deep breathes to try and calm herself.

the past year of her life had been utterly crazy. and who did she have to thank? well mainly her brother for inviting her up to la in the first place but also herself and jaden first of all.

their relationship was one of the greatest things that had ever happened to her in all honesty. he was one of the nicest and purest people she'd ever met. he was talented and had a heart of gold always putting her before his basic needs and just a sweetheart in general.

obviously lavender couldn't forget avani either, she'd been her friend long before she even knew she was related to josh and lavender couldn't be more thankful for that. she'd helped her in her hardest times. specifically when she'd slept with jaden and needed to hide it.

somehow nobody still knew about that which was shocking.

bryce. good ol bryce. he had been her emotional support the past few months as well as griffin. both of them would always drop everything to help her and she couldn't be more grateful for it and them. if lavender hadn't had them who knows what she would've done.

then the girls, addison, dixie and charli. her other emotional support systems. they were the nicest and prettiest people on planet earth and lavender couldn't be more appreciative of them and all that they do for her. from their all nighter phone calls to just how are you texts they brightened her mood without failing.

and then josh. it's funny for lavender to think about really. all of this, the good and the bad it's all josh's fault. if he hadn't invited her to stay up in la with him for the weekend she would've never met jaden or dixie addison and charli. they would've never started dating and she would've never met the love of her life.

in a weird way however it was also the pandemics fault. she would've gone home early and not have to stay with them and create her bond with jaden. but lavender didn't want to think of it that way.

she just saw it as fate...

"i'm sorry." jaden blurted out of nowhere gaining lavenders attention as she turned her head furrowing her eyebrows at the black haired boy next to her with remorse written all over his face.

"for what?" she chuckled lightly a small smile on her face as she rested her head on her hand.

"just for everything really. hurting you, charly, alexa." he trailed off awkwardly fiddling with the rings on his fingers and avoiding eye contact with lavender at all costs.

"it's fine." the blonde shrugged turning away from him and looking across the view. "i'm sorry too." she muttered catching the boys attention.

"why are you sorry?" he laughed turning his attention to the girl who was still staring off into the distance as she leaned her hands behind her transferring her weight onto them.