CHAPTER 26

When I was younger whenever I did something naughty and I ended up denying it my mom would always say this phrase "Ang sinungaling ay kapatid ng magnanakaw." (a liar is a sibling of a thief.) And she was right. Liars didn't just bend words, they'd also tarnished what could have been a beautiful phrase and they would steal and fabricated it as if it was theirs, to begin with.  As lies came out of their mouths right then and there they've already stolen your right to know the truth. Liars and thieves are the masters of conspiracies. The evil siblings.

I LOVE YOU upon hearing those three words I knew it was a lie. Anger fired up inside my core like a blazing inferno. "How could you say those things to me?"  I spat.

"Because that's the fucking truth." Massimo answered. No hint of hesitation in his voice nor on his face. If I didn't know better I would have believed him.

How dare he?

My anger snapped. "Stop lying! Do you really think that stupid of me? You're a  piece of shit, a great liar" I slapped, scratched, and punched him anywhere my hand could land. My anger got the best of me and Massimo's lies were the driving forced. 

One moment I was straddling him then in a lightning flash my back was pressed against the mattress and Massimo hovered over me. I fought and tried to kick him but he shoved my dress up and knelt between my legs, thrusting his pelvis on me so I couldn't push him.  His hold on my wrists tightened before placing it over my head making me immobilized.

"You have an absurd temper."  Massimo growled.

I glared at him. "That's your fault, you filthy liar! I saw it."

"What?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows. How dare he acting as if he was innocent.

"I saw you with Bibiana you were dancing at the middle of the  dance floor too lost in your own bubble oblivious to what was happening around you." I said staring directly in his eyes. I wanted to see how he would react, wanted him to know that I knew his plan. I wanted him to admit so I could finally be free to him, but there was this part of me was hoping that it wasn't true that it was just a big misunderstanding.

Suddenly a twisted grin curved his lips showing his perfect white teeth and a mischievous gleam in his eyes.

I frowned. I felt my blood was boiling again. "So now you think this is funny?" I asked in uttered irritation.

I didn't know what to call his smile anymore it was too wide and broad to be considered as a grin. Massimo brushed my hair out of my face tucking it behind my ear before resting his warm hand behind my neck. By his touched goosebumps surged throughout my body and my stomach into summersaults. Damn him to death!

"I don't know what to feel right now, Red. I am sorry yet, at the same time I'm not." Massimo said, confusing me. Before I could speak he continued. " I'm sorry because I made you feel this way, I hurt you.— as he said it his eyes were fixed on me gone the mischief glint and no traces of doubts.  I tried to wiggle out of his hold so I could push him but his grip never weakened.

Lies lies lies! Everything was a lie!

"Stop Massimo I said stop lying! I knew that you had planned all of this! This is all for your vengeance it's a win-win for you right? You'll get your revenge on me and at the same time you will have Bibiana back." I burst out. Surprised blew up his face.

"Where did you get that bullshit?"

"It's not bullshit it's the truth, so stop playing the fool." I countered glaring at him.

"Sally, who implanted that vile thought in your head?" Massimo asked his tone was filled with authorization.

"Don't use th—