CHAPTER 1

I woke up with beads of sweat on my forehead and with the same dream of that night with that man. It had been a year and a half since that night. I knew because I have counted it after I walked away from that very night since then I'd always dreamt about it. It was like a broken CD that keeps on playing on repeat.

I thought when I would start my work and live here in San Diego CA. I would be able to forget about that. But too bad that night and that man was like a permanent tattoo on my mind, couldn't get rid of them.

I reached for my phone under my pillow to check the time. It was Saturday so Noah doesn't have school and Melissa his mom informed me last night that it was her day off that was why we decided to have a movie night last night and ended up sleeping really late. I started living with them when the apartment building where I have used to live was forced to shut down the authority explained that the building was no longer safe to live.

I met Melissa through a fellow Filipina Maya, she was used to be my roommate. she told me that Melissa was looking for a babysitter for his five years old son. So I grabbed the opportunity simply because I needed to earn extra money.

When I looked at the time I was shocked to see that it was twenty minutes before eight. As if on cue I became hyper-aware of everything the sleepiness was no longer there. We had an important client and our boss reminded us that no late is a must.

Oh no no no! Why did this have to happen today to all of the seven days why it has to be this day? Fuck my life big-time.

I hopped out of the bed and grabbed whatever clothes I got and went to the bathroom. I took a shower in record time. I think that was the fastest showered I've ever had.

I dressed immediately and wrapped my hair in the towel and put some lip tint on my lips, mascara on my lashes, before curling it. Since I didn't have time to put some eyeshadows on.

I hurriedly got my bag and put my phone and wallet inside and ran through the door. While I was putting my shoes on Melissa went out of her room still half asleep. She looked at my way and smile or more like grimaced.

"Hey, good morning, I'm heading out, see you later." Before she could respond I head out of the apartment.

I ran as fast as I could. I looked at my watch to see that I had three more minutes before the bus would leave the station.

"Wait! wait wait for me! Don't go!" I shouted like a banshee and ran faster than ever, people around stared at me like I was a madwoman.

I thank my lucky star because I got in time before the bus door closed. I blew out a breath and sat at the nearest vacant seat. I fished out my hairbrush before brushing my wild hair.

After 10 minutes the bus stopped at the next station. I hurriedly went out. Time was running there was no room for slacking.

"Hey watched it!" Some passengers shouted at me when I bumped into them.

"Sorry!" I shouted back without glancing back. The office was four blocks away from the station. I looked at my wristwatch again I had ten minutes before eight, I inhaled deeply and sprinted towards the office.

Along the way, I was occasionally bumped with other people walking around the street.

"Sorry," I apologized to the old lady I'd just bumped with. Still running but not looking to where I was going. Suddenly I was bumped with a strong hard wall twisting my neck I was surprised to see that it wasn't a wall in fact it was a chest a hard one chest of a well-suited man and his coffee was spilled all over his well-tailored and definitely expensive suit.