This Is What It Means To Feel

Start from the beginning

"I have been thinking.... though you should take some time to think on it as well.... we have been.... "together" for over a year now and.... well.... it might be time to start sharing our quarters after all you have been walking me to mine just about everyday since I have arrived on this ship perhaps it would be better if instead you would already have me waiting for you in yours at the end of your sift instead of constantly taking all those breaks for such a menial task"  Dezirae says as she and Data walk towards her quarters "though if you do not want to that's ok...."  she adds with a soft low unsure tone "I know why you haven't taken us as far as most would go during this "phase" of a relationship.... the fact that you.... like Lal did.... feel more than you usually do when it's just me and you compared to the way it was before I "crashed" into your life so to speak.... the fact that I somehow make you feel bits of emotions one like you doesn't feel without a emotion chip trust me I don't understand it either but I've learned to embrace that which I don't understand for in my own selfishness and the want of having what you give me...."  she continues "I would like that"  he replies "I do find it odd that you ask me to leave with you when Maddox came along but have never thought to move me in yourself much sooner than now"  she says semi-teasingly "you did not suggest it"  he replies she laughs then says "so I need to suggest things to make them happen huh!?"  he smiles and replies "indeed"  she laughs once more and his smile grows.... Data helps Dezirae move what little she has accumulated in the past year or so to his quarters he seemed quite pleased she chose his quarters instead of hers though he knew she did it because he was more familiar with it and it was basically a part of him even though it was not attached he also enjoyed having her around for like she said he no longer had to "waste".... even though he didn't consider it a waste.... time walking into her quarters.... when she so allowed.... before heading to his.... if he even ever did that for most of the time he stayed and watched her sleep.... "that was an oddity!"  Dezirae says a few days later when the Enterprise receives it's temporary first officer from the Klingon Exchange Program she had just come off the Bridge as Picard allowed said Klingon named Kurn to take command he had asked who she was and why she was out of uniform then when he asked why someone who was not of Federation standing was allowed on the one place "visitor".... other than a select few.... were allowed on was there and tried to have her escorted off then when no one moved to remove her tried to remove her himself and ended up losing his very first battle during his time on the Enterprise as she fought him to make sure he never attempted to touch her again.... which he found amusing and an extreme turn on.... and he did indeed leave her alone and "allowed" her to stay which made her leave anyway for she did not "approve" of his thoughts of her.... she ends up walking into the dinner of some of the higher ranking officers with a few plates of Klingon dishes.... mainly for Worf who ended up sharing anyway.... then leaving Worf seemed grateful that she did such a thing.... which she has done on a few occasions.... special ones like birthdays, Klingon holidays and the like.... for Kurn had just mentioned that the food he was served was to "bland" for a Klingon he believed she must have felt his discomfort and like she would always do.... in her own way.... tried to simmer it down a bit then Worf found out a little while later that she.... like the rest of the crew.... did not much care for the Klingon especially after his reaction to her showing of her strength and prowess which he didn't blame her one bit she only didn't want Kurn showing her that he believed he was better than her when he was not and she proved it tenfold in that short match in the corner of the Bridge where no one would get hurt but him as they watched it happen with shocked expressions on their faces.... when Worf and Picard returned Qo'noS Dezirae prepared another feast with a mix of both Klingon and Earth foods and she invited all their friends to it "I know it seems like the wrong reason to celebrate but you should be proud of yourself Worf and since I don't know your father I can't in all honesty claim that your Klingon parents would be proud but we certainly are.... if your brother were here I'd say we were using this to celebrate all the birthdays you have missed but we don't have any gifts to give though if you ask me I'd say meeting you and getting to know you in this short time may have been the greatest gift he has ever received"  Dezirae tells Worf when he sees the feast he smiles and replies "thank you"  then they join their friends in the little feast like party....