Chapter 28 🧔

"Oh fancy," I commented and admired the interior design of the restaurant we were in. It had been a week since I and Dwayne made up and we had been going strong ever since.

My friends were happy we were back together as the air had been strained before but there were some people who weren't happy about the news. Jarod had told us that when his cousin had heard, she had packed her belongings and gone back to Korea. Good riddance to bad rubbish! Mother had scowled deeply and sneered when I smugly revealed the news to her.

So far, every day with Dwayne had been pure bliss. There was still a lot of work for me to do in terms of opening up to him. I was still learning how to share things, even the littlest of them, with him and the wonderful thing about that is that I wasn't alone. With every step and difficulty, he was with me, hands interlocked with mine.

He had insisted on taking me on a date to somewhere fancy and out of town hence our present location.

"Welcome, do you have a reservation?" a waiter asked monotonously. Dwayne replied to the waiter while I continued studying the building.

The interior gave breathtaking vistas across the 35 meter-high cathedral-like space and sparkling crystal lights. The details that complemented the breath-taking Victorian period conversion were understated.

After confirming our reservation, the waiter led us further in where I noticed the dark green and brown leather, black marble herringbone, and a dark oak floor.

"Your seats, sir, ma'am." The waiter bowed and left, as quickly as he had come.

"So what do you think?" Dwayne asked after settling in his seat. Like a gentleman, he had pulled out the chair for me and only sat on his when I had sat on mine.

"This place is wow!" I breathed, still not done with inspecting the place that awe-inspired me. I looked around to see that we weren't the only customers they had.

Curious glances from people of the upper class ranging from all over the world were sent in the direction of our table. I ignored them. The sweet and relaxing scent of lavender filled the restaurant and the soft orchestra from the background gave it a whole new sophisticated feel. It was all so grand.

"I'm glad you feel that way. They are famous for a reason. Who knew L&Cs restaurant could be this glamorous?"

"This is an L&C restaurant? As in the famous Ambrose Lanchester company's restaurant? Wow! How did you get a spot? It super expensive and very reserved."

Before I could get my answer, we were interrupted by our server.

"Good day sir, ma'am. Can I have your order?"

I quickly scanned through the menu and stopped in my search when I found an interesting dish.

"I would like a plate of island duck with mulberry mustard," I said and handed him the menu card. He hummed and accepted it."

"What about you, sir?"

"I'll have the scallop sashimi with Meyer lemon confit." He answered.

The server nodded and accepted his card.

"What about your cocktail? Which item meets your taste best?" the professionalism in the server's stern voice contrasted greatly with his boyish looks.

"Ah! Item 2s Calybull white wine would be perfect."

“Alright! Would some complimentary snacks interest you? Perhaps some warm salt-cod crostini and house-made charcuterie?"

A 'no, thank you' was about to be blurted by me but Dwayne noticed and quickly accepted. The server walked away, briskly like his colleague.

"Why did you accept it? We might not be able to eat the snacks by the time we are done with our meal." I reasoned.