Chapter 18 🎢

Dedicated to inspiredpsyche escape_123 RiaVanPelt zoratae

The air around the park was quite pleasant for a sunny afternoon. On the waving grass and smiling sunflowers, the whole Del Lana family laid, laughing.

The father- Abel, looked at his family with love and adoration, and the mother- Carmen, hummed a song and braided her daughter's curly locks. Meaningless chatter passed between the family as the security that came with being in a family wrapped them up in soft blankets. It wrapped them up in an illusion, an illusion that nothing could hurt them at that moment, the illusion that made them believe they were invincible to the harsh world.

Then the illusion crashed.

As if in response to the destruction of the family's safety bubble, the wind picked up and turned harsher...colder. The once peaceful park was now a storm of bellowing wind and swirling flowers.

In the middle of it, all was a confused Mona. Her confusion turned to horror when her loving family turned cold. They became strangers to dream Mona. Where were her adoring father and her caring mother but why were their eyes so cold? So angry... so distant? How did they escape from the real world into her dream?

Mona hadn't noticed the other figure till it was too late. Standing next to dream Carmen and Abel, was dream Ezra, only he looked exactly how real Ezra looked when he was found dead.

The same clothes from that day were on dream Ezra - blue sweatpants and a black tank top. The form from that day still stained his lips, and his eyes were now glazed and lifeless.

Together, the three dream people advanced towards her till they caged her on the tree. Dream mona squeezed her face tight as the wind carried away her furious chants of 'no'.

I woke up with a gasp, and sharp pain from my abdomen greeted me. I was still trying to recover from the dream I had no recollection of when I felt the familiar sticky feeling between my legs.

Great!

I wobbled towards the bathroom, took a quick bath, and used a tampon. I made a mental note to take one extra when I was packing.

The annual Bloomville fun-fair was today, and I was attending with Mel, Jarod, and Dwayne. Layla had to participate in her baby sisters' play. Lexus and Mercedes were like cuter copies of their sister.

I decided to wear my curly locks down. Maybe they would give me the boost for the rebellion I was planning towards mother. The November wind was getting chilly in preparation for winter, and so thick and warm clothes were the best choice I had. I wore my knitted cardigan, black jeans, and my black ankle boots.

I tip-toed downstairs and was happy. I made it out of the house without mother waking up. She came back late from a party, one of her wealthy friends held last night and had immediately gone to her room to sleep.

The Volkwagon beeped softly in response to the car remote I had in my hand. I entered and drove away to the fun-fair. I arrived earlier than planned, and so I busied myself with playing games. A knock on the window interrupted me from reaching the next level. I peered at the intruder and noticed it was Mel. With a sigh, I stepped out of my car into the chilly morning.

"Hey, girl! You're here early." She noted, rubbing her hands. She was wearing a flimsy sundress with only a cardigan protecting her. Her silky black hair was styled in twin buns with her signature edges drawn skillfully across her forehead.