Chapter 13 👨

Dwayne's P.O.V. (Before Rebecca's confrontation)

I was watching Lisa, nothing new there. Her eyes were wide in confusion and shock as she looked at the new girl. Her posture was stiff, and her fists were balled by her side. Whoever this new girl was, she and Lisa didn't seem to have a good backstory.

The new girl in question was smiling at everyone like she was a blessing. I scoffed at that. I already knew her kind of personality; stuck up, bitchy.

She had this confident smile when she looked at Lisa; it reminded me of this sea witch, Ursula in The Little Mermaid. Don't ask, one word- Ocean. That little angel could be really demanding and bossy when she wanted to be. It was either watch Disney with her or sit down for hours playing a princess tea party with my hair decorated in glittery pink ribbons. I do not envy River.

Back to the Ursula smile's reincarnate, I immediately knew I disliked her. She was pretty but not my usual type with her slender figure and almost white hair. What can I say? There was something about her that just didn't seem right.

It could be hair. I think it was dyed, there was no way someone could have their hair that light-colored. She probably made the color 'more pronounced' as Celestine would say.

It could also be the way she carried herself. That arrogant, 'I-am-better-than-everyone-else' look on her face.

Or maybe, it was her eyes. Pale blue eyes that resembled two blocks of ice and felt like it too. They seemed calculative like she examined everyone before her, strengths and weaknesses combined.

Her eyes met mine for a second before she started again, giving me a full look. She must have liked what she saw as she winked at me before turning her focus back to Lisa.

I resisted the urge to shudder and scowl but instead settled on an expressionless face. I was creeped out! I know I must be dashingly and irresistibly handsome, but I would like not to attract the new girl's interest, thank you very much!

My suspicion about her was confirmed when the next day, she walked up to me. Correction, she strutted to me. I had to gape at how she managed to walk like that in heels so high, she was almost as tall as me, and I'm 6'9.

She had somehow made the school uniform skirt hug her bones, I wouldn't say hips. She's got nothing but bones in that department.

"Hey handsome." she purred? I'm not sure; it sounded more like she had a sore throat, a nasty sore throat.

Me being the friendly guy I am, I didn't groan but instead smiled. "Hi......Ravana?"

Another influence of Ocean's Barbie's collections. I needed to find that girl a female best friend fast before she rid me and River of our manliness.

The strained smile on her lips told me she wasn't too pleased about the nickname I had given her.

Please let it chase her away! Please let it chase her away!

"It's Rebecca."

It did not chase her away, bummer! She was waiting for a reaction to show I got her name, and so I nodded.

"Right! Rebecca. So can I help you?"

I wanted to end whatever game she was playing and get out of her sight. She made me uncomfortable in the wrong way. She moved closer to me and laid her brightly colored ice blue hands on me. 

Taking a bold step, her hands wandered around my chest to my biceps, which she groped shamelessly. Now, I don't have anything against that, but it was her. Ravenna or Ravana, or whatever she called herself, the bitch that made Lisa uncomfortable and brooding.