Chapter 14 😶

Third person's P.O.V

Bloomville High's second-floor corner room hardly received people. It was created to be used as a staff lounge, but no one wanted to have to go that high before they could grab a free snack and hence its abandonment.

It was a reasonably large room painted in mustard yellow and decorated with colorful chairs matching the multi-colored counter. The place looked like a cross between a prison's visitation room and a playroom for toddlers.

Hidden behind the dreadful counter was a crying Rebecca. Her face was red and snotty as she balled her fists in her skirt, trying to stop the sobs that ran free from her. To retain an iota of dignity, she made her long hair hide her face, in case some noisy person ventured into the abandoned room—a mess.

All she wanted was to be accepted into the new school. She wanted to be the one at the receiving end of the love and respect, not Mona. For once, she wanted to be first and not second when compared to Mona.

Oh, how she hated Monalisa!

She noticed a little too late, the figure crouching in front of her and she sniffled as she raised her head to glare at the intruder through her teary eyes.

"You want to ruin Mona, right?" the stranger asked. Rebecca looked at him. He was cute, and she had seen him around once in a while. Ally or enemy? Friend or foe? She couldn't decide.

"Why do you care?" she shot back.

The stranger smiled and gave her his phone. She narrowed her eyes at him before accepting the phone. Her eyes bulged out and a smile formed on her face in reaction to what she was shown.

She looked at the stranger who had stretched out his hand in a handshake.

"Let's ruin her together."

Without a second thought, she accepted the handshake and smiled brightly. As the stranger stood up to leave, his phone in his hands and a copy on Rebecca's, she spoke.

"What's your name?". She had also wanted to ask his motive for helping her, but she didn't care. As long as it made Mona's tough façade fall, as long as it made her hurt and humiliated as she had done to her, she didn't care.

The stranger looked back at Rebecca. He cocked his head to one side slightly, making blonde hair cover half of his face, and smiled. Rebecca watched, transfixed for a moment.

"Brian, Brian Federick."