Finding Lost Treasures- Chapter 25

Ariel's POV:

"Wait... My family's private jet is still here?" I said as I stared at the jet in awe while the pilot was seen boarding it.

"Not really. No, he came back. I called him back last night so he would be ready for today," Kait said with a smile.

"Do Mum and Father know about this?" I asked them. I saw the other girls and the lads getting out of their vans and making sure their luggage were on the luggage car.

"They know about it as much as they did last time, so no. They don't know," Eve said with a mischievous smile.

"Oh god. I'm so dead when we're back in London," I groaned out once the luggage car rolled away to the jet to get out suitcases into it.

"Why?" Niall laughed out.

"We borrowed the jet without official permission." I facepalmed myself.

"That's nothing new," Zayn chuckled out. I looked at Zayn confused.

"It basically belongs to you. I don't see why you're worried," Louis said while trying to swing his arm around me. I stepped away from him.

"Personal space," I said whilst playfully glaring. "That still doesn't give us permission to use it. What if Mum and Father find out?"

"Then I will take the blame. Don't worry about it," Kait said with another smile. She seems unusually happy and comfortable round everyone. Did something happen last night that I missed?

"It’s either this, or taking a public plane where fans will for sure find out that we boarded and proceed to mob us at the airport once we arrive," Liam said while quirking an eyebrow as if challenging me.

"So, Eve, how long did you say the flight on the jet is from here to London?" I quickly asked her completely convinced I'd rather take the jet. Not being mobbed is at the top of my priority list right now.

"About two and a half hours," she said with a smile while we all walked towards the jet.

"Then let's stop wasting time," I said while running towards the jet and quickly climbing in, I heard everyone else laugh behind me. Harry handed me Star inside her case once he finally boarded, and I quickly thanked him. He proceeded to sit beside me until we heard someone clear their throat.

"Sorry, Curls. I'm claiming that spot today. It's my turn to get a spot by Ariel," Scar said with a smile. He huffed and quickly sat behind me.

"I'll sit beside you, Harry," Cher said from behind us. I merely sighed and tried to not think much about it. Kait and Eve sat in front of me. Across the aisle sat El with Louis, Zayn with Perrie, and Niall with Mary. Liam sat alone at the front. I frowned and quickly stood up. I ignored everyone's questioning look. I walked up to Liam and sat beside him.

"Hey, why don't you go sit with Scarlet?" I asked him with a smile.

"It's fine. I actually want some time alone. I don't mind. You go back," Liam said with a forced smile.

"I actually want to be alone too, you know? I feel like this is might be a long flight," I said placing Star down beside me.

"I get what you mean. This is the first time we're all in the same room together for more than ten minutes I believe. Unless I missed something last night," Liam said trying to smile again, but it still seemed forced.

The flight attendants went over the usual safety procedures before we took off. I stayed quiet until we were in the air. I was lost in thought while we flew up into the air, because I really didn’t know what to say. I wanted to comfort him, but I don’t know if he wants to just be alone as much as I want to. However, I know one thing, and that one thing I voiced aloud to him. "You know, it's not healthy to always be alone," I said quietly making sure no one heard me.

I looked back at everyone, and I saw them all socializing. I saw Scar chatting away with Kait and Eve while Cher and Harry listened in. They seemed entertained at what Kait was saying. I must have really missed something because Cher looked genuinely interested at what Kaitlyn was saying. The couples on the other side of the room seemed to be in their own little worlds because they were whispering quietly amongst themselves.

"That's funny. Considering the fact you always want to be alone," he chuckled out. I didn't even feign to be hurt. I know he's only saying that because he's upset.

"The reason why I want to be alone is different from why you want to be alone. Do you want to talk about it?"

He sighed then he quickly shook his head. I knew if he kept it bottled up inside, it wouldn't help so I offered another solution.

"Let's write a song about whatever is bugging you. It will be completely your song. You don't need to add me to the songwriter list. I don't need any recognition."

He thought about before he turned towards me. He gave me a weak smile and said, "Sure."

An hour and a half later the song was done, and we titled it Half A Heart. Liam decided to sleep the remainder of the hour just like everyone else. I, however, decided against it. Instead I flipped to a new page on my songbook and started to absentmindedly sketch. I continued to do this until the flight attendants told me to put it away because we were about to land. So far it only seemed like six outlines of people, and I knew it will have a mostly black background. I also had a melody in my head since this morning, but I don't know what lyrics to use just yet. I know for a fact this will be a new song. I took a deep breath when I felt the jet descend into the airport.

"Welcome back to London, everyone. I hope you all had a fun journey and make sure you don't leave any of your belongings otherwise Queen Cassidy and King Thomas will ask too many questions. Make your way carefully to the exit, and have a pleasant day," my pilot said.

Welcome back to the eye of my troubles, I thought before I stood up from my seat just like everyone else.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~3 Days Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ariel's POV:

Curly hair, fez, Aladdin costume, but no face. I groaned in frustration as I tried to remember his face. How can I call him my best friend if I can't remember even one of his smiles or the shape of his eyes? Every single sketch I've drawn of Haz has turned out to be incomplete. I try hard to remember every detail from his face, but I keep coming out blank. I flipped to another clean page fuming. This time I tried drawing the both of us again. I was seated on the window sill in Harry's guest bedroom. This has basically been my routine from the moment I arrived. I would wake up, have breakfast, maybe have a quick shower depending if I wanted one then or at night, then change into a new t-shirt of Harry's. I would then spend the rest of the day sketching or trying to think of some lyrics for the tune I've had stuck in my head. All in the while avoiding to talk to Harry. Why? I don't know. I just feel my walls go up whenever he comes near me. It's as if I anticipate him on hurting me, but that's impossible. Harry would never hurt me. I think it's just the after effect of Adrien's manipulation. I still find it hard to trust anyone because what if he's right? What if they're all using me and he was telling the truth?

I groaned and placed my songbook down. I heard a soft knock, and I rolled my eyes. I gave the door my back as I peered down towards the busy streets of London.

"Ariel?" Harry questioned quietly. I ignored him. He's been like this from the moment I stepped into his flat. He knows something is wrong with me. I know he wants to fix me, but he can't. He's been treating me like a porcelain doll that's not yet broken.

"Okay, what have I done wrong? You've hardly said three words to me from the moment we got into that cab together when we left the airport," Harry said.

I heard him approach, but I didn't turn. I hated whenever I argued with myself over Adrien. I know he lied to me. He confirmed it himself, but I can't seem to find myself believing him completely. I know he's cruel, but would he be this cruel to someone? I still don't understand what I did to him.

I quickly stood up from the window sill and nearly crashed into Harry. Luckily, he quickly jumped back. I began to pace my bedroom as I thought everything through. What if Adrien told all that to Sebastien because he didn't want to tell him the truth? What if Adrien actually told me the truth? But if that were true, why do I have so many lovely memories with all these people I call my friends? They can't possibly be faking all their emotions. They looked genuinely happy and relieved to see me back within their reach. If they were being true though, the question still returns to why. Why did Adrien choose to hurt me? Why did he lie to me? Why did he try to keep me away from the people that love me? Why?

I felt Harry grab my shoulders to stop me from pacing. "Ariel, will you listen to me? What's wrong with you? What's going on? What did I do?"

"Why are you always trying to help me? I'm not some porcelain doll you need to keep safe, Harry," I snapped at him while I glared at him.

"I care about you, that's why. Do I need another explanation for you to finally tell me what's going on? I thought you were giving me a chance? What happened to that chance?"

"I don't know," I yelled at him as I pulled away and tried to walk away.

"You're not walking away this time, Ary," he said while pulling me back by my arm and pinning me against the wall.

"Let me go!" I yelled. As much as I tried to pull away, I couldn't. That's when paranoia started to build. Is he going to hurt me like the day Adrien almost hurt me? My heart started to race, and when I looked up to look at him, I found Adrien there. "No! Don't hurt me, please! Let me go, Adrien."

I screamed and tried to push away, but I couldn't. He let me go, and I slowly slid down the wall. "Please don't hurt me," I whispered out hiding my face into my legs.

I felt him place a hand on my shoulder, but it felt soft and caring, not rough and cold. "Ariel," he whispered out. I looked up and found Harry’s dimpled smile gone. His lips were a concerned line. "Is he why you distanced yourself from me?"

I merely nodded and looked away. My eyes were full of tears, and I tried so hard for them not to fall. "Talk to me. Please tell me what's wrong," he pled.

He sat down on the floor in front of me. He tried to hold my hands in his, but I pulled them away. "I just..." I began. "I just don't know who to trust."

I look up at him, and I saw pain flash across his face. "I know you told me I could trust you, but it's just so hard," I said as my tears became free. "You tell me that I can trust you, but Adrien told me that too. Adrien seemed so genuine and concerned about me, but so do you. I'm scared you're going to turn out like him. I'm scared you're going to hurt me."

"Ariel," he whispered out. "I would never hurt you that way. When I tell you I won't hurt you, it's the truth."

"I know, Harry. It's just... I'm scared, Harry."

"Don't be. You can trust me." He tried to cup my face, but I pushed him away again.

"You just don't understand, do you? Harry, I want to trust you so much, but I find it hard to do. If I could push this fear back, I would. I just don't know how. Just being here with you is a big step, Harry." I stood up and dried my tears. I walked towards my songbook and flipped it shut. I whispered out, "What if he was right?"

I heard Harry stand up, and he placed a hand on my shoulder. I had a strong urge to shrug it off, but I didn't. I need to try and lose this fear, but it's so hard when it's gnawing on my conscience the entire time. "What if who was right, Ary?"

"Adrien. What if he was right? What if you are using me, but I'm being naive and won't admit it to myself? What if everything I remember is lie? What if you were all pretending to be my friends? What if all that is true, Harry?" I cried out. I hated doubting myself, but it's something I can't prevent.

Instead of answering me, he hugged me from behind. I refused to hug him back because my mind continued to argue with itself. It feels as if my past is arguing with my present and I don't know who to trust. "Ary," he whispered into my hair.

I felt my heart start to race, and I couldn't help but place my hands over his. It felt natural, and I felt complete somehow. "I can't guarantee that we've been completely honest in all of your memories, but I can promise you that we are your friends. We have never hurt you intentionally. Nor would we ever dream of hurting you on purpose. Ary, we're your friends and we love you. Please try to let us in," he said quietly into my ear.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling of being in his arms. I felt his chest rise and fall. His strong muscles were hypnotizing me. I wanted to live in this moment forever. However, the moment was too short. I felt him pull away hesitantly. He turned me around and held my chin.

"What do you say?" His breath fanned my face, and it smelled like fresh mint. I looked up at his face, but the sun was covering half his face. I could only see his small smile with small dimples indented into his cheeks. I was taken back to a time I went out with Haz. The way the moon shielded Haz's face reminded me of this moment because I could only see both of these boys' smiles. I was mesmerized by the memory that I didn't answer. Instead, I unconsciously stroked his cheek and smiled at the softness. It feel as though I've done this before, but I can't remember when I did it or why.

"Ary?" Harry questioned as his smile deepened and he wrapped his left arm around my waist while his right hand remained holding my chin.

"I'll try," I whispered out with a smile. He smiled at me, and looked at my lips and back up to my eyes. I felt him lean in, and I quickly pulled away. I'm not ready for him to be this close. I can't have him this close yet. This... We're moving too fast, and I don't know what to do to stop it. I smiled back at him, and returned to my spot on the window sill.

"Are you going to ignore me again?" Harry whined as he sat beside me on the floor. His back was to the window, so I merely stared at his hair hidden under a beanie. I could only make out the ends that seemed to curl up slightly.  It reminded me of Haz's hair, and I smiled. I remembered that I was sketching out another picture of faceless Haz and I, and I flipped open my songbook to the page. My sketchbook was back at the palace, or maybe it was already at my flat. I dunno, and I really don't care about the answer right now. I picked up my pencil and began to sketch the picture again.

"I'm not going to ignore you again," I said after a while. The only thing that I heard right now was the graphite in the pencil rubbing against the pages in my songbook.

"Then why won't you talk to me?" Harry answered, and I could already picture his exaggerated pout.

I giggled and said, "Oh, quit pouting Styles. Pouts don't suit you."

I smiled down at my songbook when I heard him scoff. "Pouts don't suit me? Please, my fans would die if they saw me pout. How do you know they don't suit me? Plus, how do you even know that I'm pouting? You're not even looking at me."

"I don't need to look at you to know when you're pouting," I giggled out as I reached out to the ruler that was by my feet. "Oh, and that reminds me. Stop enhancing your ego. Arrogance doesn't suit you."

I smacked him on the head softly with my ruler. I set it back down as I heard him complain. "Oi! That hurt, you know," he said as he rubbed his right hand over his head.

"Oh, please. I could've done it harder but I thought that I should spare you the pain," I said giggling.

Instead of responding, he stood up and stared at my finished sketch. It was a sketch of Haz and I sitting in my garden making flower crowns. He smiled down at it as if he were recalling the memory, but that was impossible.  He wasn't there. He was probably imagining himself in the place of Haz. I decided that I just wanted to leave this sketch in pencil form. I don't want to damage the beauty of it.

"This is amazing," he whispered out. "I had forgotten how good of an artist you were."

I looked up at him confused. Before I could question him about it, his landline began to ring.

"Oh! The pizza is he here," he said excitedly. I saw his smile light up immediately, and I giggled. This boy is absolutely ridiculous, yet I like that about him.

"Well then, let's go get it," I said excitedly. I quickly set down my songbook and pulled him out of the room. I hadn't realized how hungry I actually was until he mentioned pizza.

"Alright, alright. I'll go get the pizzas from downstairs while you set up the table," Harry said whilst chuckling.

"Set up the table? Who else is coming?" I asked him. He chuckled again.

"No one. It's just us two. Everyone has gone home for now to visit their families. I stayed back to keep you company, and well Evelia and Kaitlyn are back at the palace helping your maids pack up everything. We should go too this Friday. Just to make sure they didn't forget to pack anything," he said warily.

"Go get the pizza. We will discuss this when the pizza is on the table," I said with a soft smile. I turned around and headed to his dining room while I heard him buzz up the pizza delivery guy. I pulled out the place mats and two ceramic plates. I set them down on the table, and quickly went back into the kitchen to take out two glass cups.

As I set down the glass cups on the table I hummed out, "I can't sleep tonight, wide awake and so confused. Everything's in line, but I am bruised. I need a voice to echo, I need a light to take me home."

I spotted a single picture framed and placed on one wall in the dining room. I was aware that the flat was unusually quiet while I walked towards it. I sang, "I kinda need a hero, is it you?" as I inspected the image. I stopped abruptly when I realized that this was actually a sketch. It was a sketch of all my friends and I that seemed to have been taken at a party. At least I thought it was a picture until I noticed I was slightly faded in the picture while everyone else was completely intact.

"That's a beautiful song, Ary. Why'd you stop singing?" Harry asked quietly from the dining room entrance. I didn't turn to look at him. Instead I continued to inspect the image.

"What is this?" I quietly asked. I heard him walk towards me before placing something down on the dining room table.

"It's a sketch," he said quietly looking at it as well.

"Who drew it?"

"You did." As soon as he said that, I spotted my signature at the bottom right corner. Then I remembered, I drew it when I was kidnapped. It was in the letter that I sent out with my final goodbyes.

"You all received it," I smiled as if I were reminiscing a good memory, when in reality it wasn't.  I only smiled because at least I knew they received my letter.

"We did." He seemed cold and distant now as if he didn't want to talk about the letter. I knew he didn't, and I didn't need to ask him what was in it because it was slowly coming back to me, everything but my section that I wrote for Harry.

"That song," I said quietly, and I knew I caught his attention, "It's not finished. It just came out of nowhere, but I feel like I could develop it more. It's new."

"I can help." He watched me carefully as I continued to examine the sketch.

"I'd rather finish it on my own, but thanks for the offer," I said with a smile. "Now, let's eat. I'm starving."

I dragged him back to the dining table, and we ate our dinner. I managed to finish my own box while Harry only managed about six slices.

"Best meal I have had in a long while," I said groaning on the chair as I sipped on Pepsi. I didn’t know I had a strange attachment to it, but now I do.

"Don't you have pizza at the palace?" he taunted.

"We do, but not as good and greasy like this one. It's as if everyone is a health freak at the palace. I wasn't allowed to have much junk food because apparently my family wanted to be as healthy as they could be. I don't care about it now. All I care about is appeasing my craves," I said with a smile.

"At least you won't have to worry about that for long. You'll be living in your old flat again."

I didn't answer. I didn't want to answer. I knew I had to ask him, but I didn't want to. I knew I couldn't ignore the inevitable, but I just didn't want to think about it right now. I need answers though, and that's how I found myself asking him the one question I've been avoiding all week. "When are you leaving to America?"

I heard him sigh. "This Saturday. My flight is at six in the morning. That's why we need to go to the palace on Friday."

"You leave in three days. That's too soon," I whispered out.

"I know. I wish I didn't have to leave either, but it's my job."

"I know. Why do we need to go to the palace though?"

"Didn't you leave Andromeda there? I'm not sure Evelia nor will Kaitlyn find her in your bedroom. You need to at least check it before you move fully out in case you've forgotten anything."

"I doubt they'll find her. She's... Out of reach from the public's hand. Only I can access her. You're right. I need to face my parents sooner or later. I just hope I never had to."

"Which you know is also impossible. Look, I know you don't want to go, but you can't avoid them forever. Plus, you have to at least say good bye to them. I'll go with you if it makes you feel any better," he said slowly.

"You would?" I smiled.

"Of course. Like I said, we're in this together. I won't let you do anything you don't want to do alone."

"You're a really great friend, you know that right?" I smiled even bigger.

"I know I am." He stood up with a smirk. He walked towards me, and offered me his hand. "Let's go watch the telly. I heard that there are reruns of the X Factor."

I smiled, and took his hand. I stood up on my tippy-toes and kissed his cheek. I felt like memories were about to resurface, but they soon vanished again as soon as my lips weren't in contact with his cheek anymore. "Let's go then."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~2 Days Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ariel's POV:

"Ary? Why are we in your closet?" Harry asked from beside me as I walked deeper into my closet. My family doesn’t know that I'm here yet. We just arrived in the palace about ten minutes ago. Father is on the phone with the French royal family. Mum is downstairs with him trying to disintegrate my betrothal from Prince Adrien with my father. My little brother is somewhere running around in the garden yelling something along the lines of protecting the ants from the grasshoppers. I sense that he recently saw the Disney film, A Bugs Life.

"I need to go get Andromeda. She's in my music room." I kept my back turned to him. I had a smirk on my face because I know he's confused. No one has seen my music room besides myself. I've never trusted anyone enough to lead them into it. I wore another leather skirt with a royal blue one shoulder top, and my fishnet leggings with combat boots. I pushed past my princess gowns to try to find the entrance to my music room. These dresses will be staying here for the simple reason that I don't want anything to do with them. They bring back painful memories about Adrien that I'm trying to cover up.

"So shouldn't we be headed downstairs then? You know, instead of in your closet?"

"Patience grasshopper. I need to find—Aha! Here it is," I squealed in delight. I straightened my hair earlier today and had my usual amount of makeup, much to Harry's disapproval. I'm not going to listen to anyone regarding my image. If the image I am right now makes me happy and comfortable then I'll keep it that way. I pushed back a piece of the wallpaper and found the key hole. "Hand me the key, Harry."

He gave it to me with a very confused manner. He didn't know what I was going to do with a key and a wall, but he'll see soon enough. I inserted the key into the hole, and twisted it. I pushed the wall, and once again I was staring into a dark music room. I smiled. I haven't been in here for awhile, but it's nice to know that I've returned to it after I've recovered most of my memories. Everything was slowly making more and more sense after the time I've spent with Harry, and video chatted with the boys, much to my protests.

"What are we-?" I immediately turned on the light as Harry stopped his question mid-way.

"Welcome to my music room." I smiled widely and quickly descended my spiral staircase. Harry stood frozen at the top staring around in awe. "Mum had it built for me whenever I wanted to escape. It's sort of my haven whenever I'm in the palace. This was basically became my makeshift bedroom when Daddy died."

I stared at the beanbag area with a sad smile on my face. I still missed my dad. He was the best father figure I had in my childhood. I always dream of marrying someone that would make me as happy as my dad made Amelia. I don’t like Amelia anymore, more like I highly dislike her now, but I know that the love Daddy and Amelia had for each other was true. I could see it in the way that his eyes sparkled with love whenever she laugh or spoke, and whenever he would fret over Amelia. She would sometimes find it annoying, but I could tell that she loved his annoying lovey dovey side.  I don't think I will ever forgive Amelia, but that's okay. She caused many of my problems from the moment I started music school. I'm sure I will forgive her someday, but until then I won't. How could anyone do that to their daughter? That's what's really preventing me from forgiving her. My dad, he was the best man I have known. He was very loving and caring. Even though I didn't see him as often as I would have liked, I knew for a fact that no one would ever be able to replace him in my heart. I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder, and I jumped back in surprise.

"Oi, Popstar! Watch how you approach me. One of these days I'm going to hurt you out of the fright," I said while clutching my racing heart.

"Sorry, Ary. You just looked lost is all," he said with an apologetic smile. "This room is amazing though. You even have your own small recording studio in here."

"I've never used it though. I haven't really experimented with music, so I haven't bothered the booth. Everything that's in there is new."

"Really? The boys and I should invade this room."

"Uh, no thanks. I don't want to find out you guys broke something in there." I fake glared at Harry. I walked up to Andromeda and disconnected her from the wall. Harry came over and picked up the speaker. I picked up Andromeda, and I looked around the room. The few times I was in here were not exactly the happiest times, but I was still going to miss this place. There are so many things I haven't used in here. There's the recording booth, the drum set, and three different bass sets. So many amazing instruments which will most likely never be used. I will probably end up donating the drum set and bass sets to a band. I mean, I know how to use them but I don’t think I will actually ever use them.

"Is that it?" Harry asked me also surveying the room.

"Yeah," I said quietly. I said goodbye to the room one last time before the both us began to climb the staircase. I didn't turn around once as I turned off the lights and locked the room one final time. I may return to the room, but I doubt I ever will. It's a lovely addition Mum did, but I don't know why she did. She knew I would stay here long, so why did she waste time, and money, to build it? A tear fell down my face as I walked away from the music room. It was the only room in the palace where I got the space I wanted, and it held so many of my emotions and memories. The room provided the comfort I yearned from everyone, and I really am going to miss it.

When we returned to my bedroom, we were quiet. I looked around the bare walls. All my pictures I had hung up where now back at my flat along with all my awards. The only things that were on the walls were the designs my parents had an artist add, but as far as decorations and sketches/pictures were concerned, they no longer littered my walls. Across the room I saw the wall of mirrors. Before we had left to France, an insecure and broken girl looked back at me, now I see a broken girl but a girl that is slowly becoming more and more confident each day she spends with those people she loves. That’s what encouraged me to walk away from my bedroom forever. I know I will have to find a place for everything tomorrow, or eventually at the least, but I didn’t mind. At least I would now be surrounded by people that love me. We walked out of my bedroom wordlessly, but I think Harry understood I just didn't want to talk. It's not that I was upset, but more along the lines of thoughtful. I was relieved to be leaving the palace. I like it, but I feel trapped in here. I feel like everything I do has to either be approved by Father or Mum, and even then I need at least Kaitlyn wherever I go. Now, I'm sure I will have the girls around, but I will be able to go out and about alone. I will finally have the peace and space I've wanted.

"So this is good bye," Mum said with tears already brimming her eyes. She was waiting for Harry and I at the foot of the Grand Staircase. Father stood beside her looking stoic. My little brother, Alexander, was being carried by one of the maids. I don’t know how long they have been standing there, but all I know is that Father’s goodbye will be the easiest for me.

"Yes, it is. I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer, Mum. I just don't fit into this atmosphere you're all used to. I enjoy my freedom, and my friends. That's the only thing I need in life," I said honestly. Father looked hurt, but he didn't say anything. Mum on the other hand hugged me tightly. Harry stood beside me watching everything unravel. "Bye, Mum."

I hugged her tightly and kissed her cheek. I pulled away from her, and Alexander ran up to me. I picked him up and hugged him tightly. "Good bye my little prince. I'm going to miss you a lot you know," I said.

I gazed into his brown eyes and kissed his cheek. "No more playtime?" he whimpered out getting ready to cry.

"I'll stop by to visit you often, but I won't be here anymore. Make Mummy play with you. Teach her how to play toy cars with you, and to dedicate time for you," I said with a smile. I knew my mum heard because a tear rolled down her face. She hadn't realized that she'd been abandoning Alex recently. She hasn't realized that Alex needs her growing up, and she needs to spend time with him or else he will grow up to be like me. I don't mind that, but I just wish he has at least Mum with him for the rest of his childhood. That way he can grow up to be someone very successful and social, and a more positive psychological outcome.

"Promise?" he asked while sticking out his pinky.

"Pinky promise," I said with a smile sticking out my own pinky. I put him down, and he ran towards Mum. I locked eyes with Father. None of us said anything. I broke the silence.

"Good bye, Father," I said coldly.

"Good bye, my princess," he said with a sad smile, and full of love. "We broke off your betrothal with Prince Adrien."

"Good," I said stiffly. "I never want to see that awful prince ever again. From now on I decide who I get to be with."

"As long as you're happy," Father said.

"Good bye everyone. You'll see that I will be perfectly fine on my own," I said one last time before Harry and I exited the palace.

Before the palace doors closed behind us, I heard Mum say, “Goodbye, Sweetheart. Just know that the palace doors will always be open for you. Whenever you want to come visit us, just pop in. We will always love you even though we will be watching, and supporting you, from afar. I love you, Sweetheart.”

As soon as the doors closed behind us, I heard Mum start crying and Alex screaming that he wanted me back. Tears started to fall from my eyes, and for a second I regretted leaving the palace. I left Mum and Alex in tears. I broke their hearts because of my own wishes. I really wish Mum was more involved in my recovery just like Kait, Mary, and Eve were, but she wasn’t. She was always busy planning dinners and brunches with wealthy families. I know that’s her job as queen, but I just left she left more time for me and Alex. That’s why I had to leave. I have to leave if I wish to recover the final memories I need. I need to try to return to my normal life as soon as possible because I am done being the weak girl I was. I’ve come out stronger from this whole mess and I intend on keeping it that way.

"You could've been nicer to your father," Harry said quietly.

"No. He doesn't understand me. He convinced me to forgive Adrien. I know it was my fault for listening to him, but I wish he wouldn't have intervened," I said quietly as we crossed the courtyard. I chocked back my sobs so Harry would hear them. I want him to hug me, but until we get to my flat. We saw the main courtyard doors opened, and two people seemed to be arguing.

"What did he even do? He seemed so upset, Ary. You could've handled that better."

"I could have, but I just can't forgive him right now. I probably will in a week, but not now. Your car is still out front right?"

"My Range Rover? Should be. Don't see why it shouldn't."

"Well then let's-," I began before I abruptly stopped. I stared at the man arguing with the guard. What was he doing here? He's hurt me enough.

"Look, I know she's here. I just need to talk to her," he pled.

"The King and Queen have restricted you from entering. They want you to stay far away from their daughter," guard said.

"What is he doing here?" Harry seethed once he saw who I kept staring at.

The man turned to look at me, and my blood froze. I was holding my breath as he pushed past the guards and ran towards us. His icy blue eyes were piercing into my soul and the only thing I wanted to do was run and hide. I wanted to finish breaking down in tears as well. One of my strongest fears was coming true, and it’s even worse that Harry’s here. He’s going to hurt Harry, and I don’t want him to hurt him. I will protect Harry with my entire body, heart, and soul. He can’t hurt the one person that’s giving me the most love and protection.

"Ariel, please, I need to talk to you," Adrien pled.

I started to hyperventilate as everything he did to me began to flash in my mind. No, he can't be back. Oh dear Zeus, please don't let it be true.

A/N: hullo. New update. Hope you liked it. I could've done better but... Meh. Lol Happy New Years guys! No new year resolutions for me. I'm saving myself from the disappointment. I hope u all had a nice winter break! I'll update within a week hopefully. See you soon!
-Susy xo
P.S. The picture on the side is Ariel sitting on Harry’s window sill. The song on the side is Nobody Compares by 1D since I feel like it really defines the way Harry sees Ariel.
P.P.S. IM STARTING A NEW FANFIC! :D but I need help making a cover for it. If you can make me one, can you please comment on here or message me? Please? I would really love it if you can help me!
P.P.P.S. TOODLES!!!!! xx