Remembrance- Chapter 23

Ariel's POV:

Have you ever felt like the whole world is collapsing around you but the only thing that's holding you up is being hugged tightly by someone? That's how I feel right now. I feel like these past two months my life has been a lie. I've pushed away everyone that I considered a friend, and what for? Only to have a guy tear my heart out of my chest and have them use it for their own plans. How did he manage to fool me? How could I have been so naive? Why did I trust him so easily? What... What did I do wrong? Was it because of my old happy personality? Or was it because of my interests? Was it my personality in general that pushed him away? What did I do wrong? Where did I go wrong?

I fisted Harry's shirt in my hands as took refuge in his arms. He was running his hands through my curled hair, and he continuously kissed the top of my head as if that would help my growing pain.

"Sh. Calm down, Ary. You're safe now. You're safe here," he said as he hugged me tighter.

I vaguely heard people yelling behind me, but for now I didn't care. All I cared about at the moment was the burning hole in my heart. I may not have loved Adrien deeply, but the little love I have for him is burning everything in me. I finally feel his poison in my veins, and I don't know how to begin to remove it.

"Just let it all out, Ary. Just don't forget to let us in," Harry said while wrapping his arms around me tighter.

I'm sorry, Ariel. I tied to warn you, but you didn't listen to me. I'm not blaming you, but I just need you to see that you blindly trusted someone without really trying to get to know them. I am so sorry, Ariel, Penelope said in my mind.

I shut my eyes as if that would help slow down my tears and keep my thoughts blank, but I finally managed to zone in to the yelling.

"No, Mary. I can't believe you trusted her after everything she did to Ariel and I in school!" Cher was heard.

"She's changed! How many times do Eve and I need to tell you that?" Mary yelled back.

"She hurt our little sister. How did you think we would be okay with this, Eve?" one of the boys said.

"Because we didn't have time to actually think this through! Look, we had help-," Eve began before she was interrupted by another male voice.

"Who helped you anyway? How do we know that Kaitlyn didn't force that helper to only help you when it was almost too late?"

"His name was Sebastien. He's my brother's best friend-," Eve tried to defend before a girl’s voice interrupted them this time. It sounded like it was Perrie's voice.

"His best friend?! Mary and Evelia, we you not thinking?!"

That angered me. I pulled away from Harry, and I felt him try to pull me back in before I stood up from his lap. I turned and saw that four boys and three girls had Kait, Mary, Scar, and Eve cornered. Mary, Eve, and Scar were in front of Kait as if trying to shield her from their harsh words. As anger surged through my veins numbing out the pain, I marched up to the group and pushed them away from my four best friends. I stood in front of the three girls and glared at the other seven people. As I looked at each of them, I became dizzy, I don't know why I did, but all I know is that I didn't process what I was saying before I actually said it.

"Leave them alone! How were we supposed to know whether Sebastien was on our side or Adrien's? So what if he was his friend? That doesn't mean he was okay with Adrien using me. He helped me in the end, and that's the only thing that mattered. You all need to learn about growing up and accepting the fact that whatever happened in the past should stay in the past," I said glaring at them.

"But Ariel, Kaitlyn bullied us back in music school. She made our lives living hell!" Brat said while taking a step towards me.

Tears once again filled my eyes, but this time out of anger. "So what you're telling me is that you deserve the right to gain my forgiveness, but Kait doesn't?"

She blinked and stammered, "N-no, but-."

"Well it sure sounds like that! So you're telling me that you deserved my forgiveness when you lost all sort of contact with me when you were on the X Factor? And you, Perrie, you're telling me that you and Eleanor and Dani deserve my forgiveness because you ditched me instead of trying to help me during my week mental state? Liam, Zayn, Louis, and Niall, I can't believe you four. After all the time we spent together while on tour, all the advice I gave you, and after all your mistakes you think that Kaitlyn doesn't deserve my forgiveness? I left out past behind us, why can't you all let my past in my past instead of trying to fix it? It's in the past! Nothing can be done to fix it, so just accept the fact that Kait is one of my best friends. She will not be taken out of this building and sent back to France or England because she will be in danger there. At least she was there for me along with Mary and Eve, while you seven refused to even get near me. I want you all to leave her alone! I need you all to understand that the old Ariel will never return. This is the new me, and whether you like it or not, I have changed. The old me is gone."

Everyone was left in stunned silence. I noticed that Harry was too stunned from beside the ongoing drama to do anything while everyone else was staring at me with shock. What had I done? I merely... I remember them. My eyes widened, and I felt my heartbeat quicken.

They were about to open to mouths to say something, but I did my usual solution to my problems. I ran out of the room. I slammed the hotel door behind me shut so they wouldn't follow me. I pressed the button to the lift, and the doors immediately opened. I jumped in, and quickly pressed the highest level button. As soon as the doors shut, I heard Niall say, "Ariel?! Ariel, where are you?"

"Hurry up and check this level, guys! I can't have Ary run away again," Harry frantically said as several pairs of feet were heard in the corridor. I sighed as soon as I felt the lift lurch upwards until it finally landed on the top floor. My breathing was becoming shallow as my heartbeat continued to quicken. I slowly walked down the corridor until I heard voices in the stairwell.

"Guys, we're going to check the top floors. Maybe she's up there," Zayn said.

My eyes widened, and I sprint down the corridor. At some point I lost one of my heels, but I didn't care. I can't have them catch me right now. I just want them to leave me alone. I found a janitor's closet, and I threw myself into it. I backed away into the back wall. I felt a door knob behind me, and I frowned. Through the small crack that I left open, I saw Zayn, Perrie, and Louis. Perrie was carrying my lost heel.

"This is Ariel's," she said scanning it.

"Perrie, it can be anyone's," Zayn said.

"No I recognize it. It’s from the same pair that she had in her flat. I packed them myself in that box when her parents asked us for help. I recognize this heel anywhere," she said. She looked up at Zayn with hopeful eyes.

"Let's go tell Harry. He did tell us to go tell him if we found anything," Louis said.

"Yeah, let's... Wait. Why is that janitor's closet open? Shouldn't it be closed?" Zayn said walking towards the door. My eyes widened, and my hand tried to twist the doorknob behind me. When I opened it I lost the last heel, but I quickly went through it and left it ajar so it wouldn’t be obvious that I went through it.

"Zayn, let's go. Maybe Harry will have a new plan when we show him what we found. A janitor probably left that door open," Perrie said. I walked backwards until my foot hit a step. I turned and saw it was a stairway that led up to another door. I quickly ran up the stairs as soon as I heard Zayn walk away, and threw the door open. I was met with a warm gust of wind, and I smiled. I made it to the roof. I left this door wide open as I took shelter behind the small structure that held the door in place.

I breathed in deeply and I found my breath slowly evening as well as my heart rate. No one would think about looking for me up here. The cement roof felt cold on my feet, but I didn't care.

"You are a complete mess today. It just isn't my day," I whispered out as I hid my face into my dress. I don't know why, but I began to laugh. I was laughing as if I had lost my mind, and I probably have. So much has happened in less than twenty four hours that it's making me delirious. I was laughing to the point where tears were streaming down my face as I laid on the floor holding my sides. As soon as I thought that my laughing was slowing down, a huge clap of thunder was heard but luckily no lightning came with it. I heard the fans scream loudly when the thunder sounded, and they screamed louder when it began to down pour. I started laughing even louder at this. I felt the cool rain touch my bare shoulders, and it eventually made my hair into a wet mess. My dress was ruined to say the least, and it would be weighing a ton later when I take it off. I knew my makeup was ruined by this point, but I don't care. I'm a mess anyways. I laughed over the fact that the fans were screaming, and the fact that I was now drenched in rain. At least the rain prevented my panic attack. I smiled, and just lived in this moment. I stood up from my spot, and started to dance in the rain. I squealed and laughed in blissful happiness, and when I slipped, I merely laughed it off. I crawled back to leaning my back against the cool cement wall. I smiled.

"Why am I even here?" I asked myself aloud. "Because of what Adrien did to me? I mean I wouldn't blame him. I guess I did deserve this pain. I mean, it reminded me that I've been selfish this entire time. All I've been thinking about is myself. I have never really stopped to think how my actions caused pain to everyone around me. I just assumed that everyone would understand my actions, but I never realized that they couldn't see into my thoughts, so they wouldn't know. They wouldn't know anything..."

A tear slid down my makeup stained face. "I'm a fool for falling under his spell. Why couldn't I see all the flaws that Harry saw? He obviously saw through his facade, but why couldn't I? I'm naive for believing that everyone in this world is good. Because of Adrien I have lost my friends. I'm an idiot! I am a complete idiot! Why did I believe you, huh?" I screamed into the rain.

"Because of you I couldn't remember the people that made me happy in life! I forgot about Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Eleanor Calder, Danielle Peazer, Perrie Edwards, and Cher Lloyd. Why? What were you gaining by making me forget those amazing people? What was your goal? Did you want to make me insane? Because congratulations. You succeeded. I don't know who to trust anymore, and I fear in trusting those people. I can't have any of them getting close to me because of fear that they will hurt me as much as you've hurt me. Are you happy now?"

Instead of allowing the pain to consume me, I sang songs from the top of my head. None of them belonged to me, but they were nice to sing. I looked at my reflection in a rain puddle. I began to sing with every fiber of my body.

Who You Are

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh yeah yeah

I stare at my reflection in the mirror
Why am I doing this to myself?
Losing my mind on a tiny error
I nearly left the real me on the self
No, no, no, no, no, no

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing
It's okay no to be okay
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart

Tears don't mean you're losing
Everybody's bruising
Just be true to who you are

Who you are, who you are, who you are
No no no no no no
Who you are, who you are, who you are

Brushing my hair, do I look perfect?
I forgot what to do to fit the mold, yeah
The more I try the less it's working, yeah, yeah, yeah
'Cause everything inside me screams
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

Don't lose who you are in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart

But tears don't mean you're losing
Everybody's bruising
There's nothing wrong with who you are

Yes, no's, egos, fake shows like whoa
Just go and leave me alone
Real talk, real life, good luck, goodnight
With a smile, that's my home; that's my home
No, no, no, no, no, no

Don't lose it all in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard to follow your heart

Tears don't mean you're losing
Everybody's bruising
Just be true to who you are
Yeah, yeah, yeah

I thought back to Adrien and how he was. I felt all those old emotions while a new song popped into my head. A song that I heard before I became Rockin' Ariel and I never thought I would ever sing.

When I Pretend

Thoughts of you keep running through my head
Images I just want to forget
I look in the mirror and put on a happy face
But nobody sees it, and I don't believe it

I fall into every word you said
I never thought it's something I'd regret
I look at you now and wonder who I see
I'm lost in the browsing and let's have around-being

The way we used to talk all night
I still get butterflies when I go there again
Oh, I see the way you used to smile
If only for a while but only if I pretend

If I could draw the world I want to see
I know just how I picture it to be
I stand here alone and know that it all was real
You say you don't need it
I know you don't need it and I don't believe it

The way we used to talk all night
I still get butterflies when I go there again
I see the way you used to smile
If only for a while but only if I pretend

I'm where I wanna be
Don't you wake me from this dream
When I go there again
Oh, I see the way you used to smile
If only for a while

The way we used to talk all night
I still get butterflies when I go there again, again
Oh, I see the way you used to smile
If only for a while but only if I pretend
Only if I pretend

Even though it was already dark out, I saw how the sky darkened even more signaling that the sun was setting. It was already quite late to begin with when we arrived here in Spain so that's why it didn't surprise me when it was slowly becoming darker.

I pulled my wet hair as I felt the after effects of recovering some of my memories and the cause to what Adrien did. It feels as if no one could hear me, and quite honestly they can't. I am currently stuck in a place on my own. There is a way out, but I prefer to not take it.

Hear Me

Hear me, hear me

You gotta be out there
You gotta be somewhere
Wherever you are, I'm waiting
'Cause there are these nights when
I sig myself to sleep
And I'm hoping my dreams
Bring you close to me
Are you listening?

Hear me I'm crying out, I'm ready now
Turn my world upside down, find me
I'm lost inside the crowd, it's getting loud
I need you to see, I'm screaming for you to please
Hear me, hear me
Can you hear me?
Hear me

I used to be scared of
Letting someone in
But it gets so lonely
Being on my own
With no one to talk to
And with no one to hold me
I'm not always strong, oh I need you here
Are you listening?

Hear me I'm crying out, I'm ready now
Turn my world upside down, find me
I'm lost inside the crowd, it's getting loud
I need you to see, I'm screaming for you to please
Hear me

I'm restless and wild
I fall but I try
I need someone to understand
Can you hear me?
I'm lost in my thoughts
And baby I've fought
For all that I've got
Can you hear me?

Hear me I'm crying out, I'm ready now
Turn my world upside down, find me
I'm lost inside the crowd, it's getting loud
I need you to see, I'm screaming for you to please
Hear me

Hear me, hear me, hear me
Can you hear me?
Hear me, hear me, hear me
Can you hear me?

Hear me, hear me, hear me

Eventually everything got too much, and I screamed. My thoughts were now quiet, but I hated that now. I knew they were lurking in the darkness and they were going to attack me once I was alone once again. This time without even knowing, I began to sing one of my songs. All my pain and panic I put it into the lyrics, and I just wanted to get rid of these emotions even if it was merely temporary.

Quiet

I hear what you're not saying, it's driving me crazy
It's like we stopped breathing in this room
We're both the last to be leaving
I know what you're thinking, I wish you'd make your move

It's much too quiet in here, I wanna disappear
I'm hearing myself thinking too clear
It's too quiet in here, make it all go away
Why can't we break this silence finally?

It's like you know where I'm going
You follow me home but I never invite you inside
I see what you're not showing
I've got you alone but the air is so still, it's weird

It's much too quiet in here, I wanna disappear
I'm hearing myself thinking too clear
It's too quiet in here, make it all go away
Why can't we break this silence finally?

Don't stop, don't stop telling me goodnight
Just promise you'll kiss me goodbye
What's taking so long?

Don't tell me you're not gonna try
The tension's building in my mind
I wanna scream and I know why

It's much too quiet in here, I wanna disappear
I'm hearing myself thinking too clear
It's too quiet in here, make it all go away
Why can't we break this silence finally?
Make it all go away, it's so quiet in here

I sunk down to my knees and just stared ahead blankly. I remembered everyone so far, but why can't I remember Harry? There are glimpses of him in past memories with each of my other friends, but why can’t I remember the exact moment I met him? The only thing that flashes into my head when I think of him is the pictures Anne sent me that are back home in the palace. Why though? Adrien told me they were photoshopped... My eyes widened. Adrien told me. Adrien told me. Adrien told me.

What if he was lying then as well? What I don't understand is how he could've benefitted from all of this. What was so wrong with leaving all my friends in my life as he continued with his brainwashing? Is it because he knew Harry would try to stop him? Why though? Why does Harry care so much about me as well? Everything is so murky right now that it's making me dizzy again.

I felt someone place a jacket around me, and I looked up at them. He had warm eyes and a fatherly smile. I remember him. "Hi, Paul," I said weakly.

"Hello, Ariel. It's been a while. Why don't you come into the hotel with me? You're bound to get a cold after the amount of time you've spent out here," he said pulling me up.

"How long have I been missing?" I quietly asked as my bare feet made slapping noises on the roof.

"Are you barefoot?" Paul asked me.

"Yeah." He sighed, and the next thing I know he picked me up bridal style. I've always loved how Paul always treated me like if I was one of the boys. He took care of us as if we were his children, and it always made me feel loved.

"About four hours, Ariel. Everyone has been worried. We somehow convinced the boys to stay in the hotel. We convinced them that we would look for you."

"Who's taking care of them then?" I asked as we walked down the flight of stairs from the roof to inside the hotel.

"I'm the only one searching. The rest had to stay and keep an eye on them. We couldn't risk leaving them alone and then returning to find them all out on the streets of Spain looking for you. It's a good thing I decided to look for you in every corner of this hotel. Who knows what we would have done if we had to look outside."

"I knew I had to stay inside. I just didn't have enough time and energy to go out. I just wanted to get air but still be safe. That's why I chose the roof."

"That didn't turn into the brightest idea when it began to rain."

I giggled, and then I lightly coughed. "No it wasn't my brightest. I just... I just needed to prevent my panic attack."

Paul sighed and pressed the button on the lift. "We need to call a doctor tomorrow morning. It's a good thing we were still scheduled to stay two days longer. After here we are returning to London for a week and then we are off to America."

I merely nodded and started to fall asleep to the soft elevator music playing. "Why do you care so about us, Paul?"

"Well I am those boys' security guard, so it's in my nature."

"No, but you are always looking out for us. Why?"

"You lot are too old to be my children, but I still feel like you six are my children. I feel like a father to you lot."

"Thanks for everything, Paul," I said before sleep overtook me. I did vaguely hear the bell ding when we arrived to our level.

"Oh come on, Mark. We need to go after her," Niall said.

"Please let us go! I'm pretty sure she isn't in the building anymore," Louis said.

"Boys and girls, stop. You lot aren't going anywhere I'm sure Paul found her," a deep voice said.

"You don't understand. The last time she found out a drastic piece of news, she ran out of the building. We found her broken on the floor of her washroom in her hotel room surrounded by broken glass. It took us a long while to hear her speak again. I am not about to sit here and wait until she returns, and that's even if she does return. This was all when she found out that she was the lost princess," Harry yelled.

"Boys, look! Paul found her," El's voice was heard.

"Ariel!" Harry shouted before his feet were heard approaching us.

"Harry, get back here!" Mark said.

"She's asleep, Harry. Let her be," Paul said quietly.

"Oh, Ary," Harry said softly before he kissed my forehead. My eyes were burning, and my head felt really heavy. "Paul, she has a fever."

"Great. I hoped she'd have one until tomorrow. Mark! Call a doctor. I don't care if management gets mad, but she can't get even sicker. Alright boys and girls, we have a new sleeping arrangement since there are double beds in every room. The sleeping arrangements go as follows: Louis and Eleanor, Zayn and Perrie, Niall and Mary, Harry and Liam, Cher and Scarlet, Kaitlyn and Evelia and Ariel."

"I can stay with her," Cher said.

"No you're staying with Scarlet. My decision has been made. Now, go to your rooms and move your stuff. Ariel and Kaitlyn and Evelia get the largest hotel room with two double beds. Make sure Ariel gets her own because we can't have her infecting the rest of you," Paul said.

"Paul, a doctor is on his way," Mark said.

"Perfect. I need to go lay her down. Remind me that we need to tell Ariel to eat more. She's very light. It feels like I'm carrying an eight year old," Paul said before I felt him walking again. After much mumbling that I blocked out, I finally felt myself being laid on something soft. I groaned before I opened my eyes. I saw Kait and Eve walking in with our stuff as well as Star strapped on Kait's back.

"You're awake. Paul told us to be quiet because you were asleep," Eve said before placing our own luggage at the foot of our beds.

"Where's Paul?" I croaked out.

"Waiting for a doctor downstairs. Stay in bed until Eve and I find your pajamas. We need you to be in something warm, but first you need a warm shower. Go take one in the meantime," Kait said with a warm smile.

I nodded before I slowly got out of bed and walked to the washroom. I somehow managed to slip out of my wet clothes, and in less than ten minutes I was once again out of the shower. I saw that Kait left my clothes on the counter top, and I quickly slipped it on before I opened the door and slowly walked back to bed. As soon as I got in bed, a knock was heard on the door before Kait quickly opened it. Paul came in with what looked like to be a doctor. The doctor (A/N: haha Doctor Who moment again. XD) did his usual routine.

"She has a cold if it wasn't already obvious. With her emotional state so low, it caused her immune system to drop. If what you told me about her being out in the rain for about four hours is true, then that's why she has a cold. She just needs to rest up and keep her away from everyone because she is quite contagious," the doctor said before packing his things up.

"So she isn't getting any medications?" Paul asked obviously annoyed the doctor couldn't do anything.

"No. It's just a cold. She should be fine within a week or less if she eats well and gets enough sleep," he said before leaving my hotel room. Harry immediately slipped in through the door, and Paul began to haul him out.

"Don't, Harry. She's contagious. Let her be," Paul said.

"Let him stay for one movie, Paul. I will make sure Eve and Kait kick him out as soon as it's over," I spoke up.

Harry quickly snapped his gaze towards me, but I quickly looked away. "You heard the lady, Paul," Harry said with an evident smirk on his face.

He sighed and said, "If you get sick then I will make sure management gets you in trouble instead of me because I warned you."

I saw Paul let him go, and exit my hotel room. Kait was standing there motionless as Eve tried to catch her attention but failed miserably. It's as if she was stuck in a trance and didn't know what to do. Did Harry and the rest tell her something?

"Kaitlyn, is there any tea? I'm quite cold," I asked her as I huddled into my comforter and ignored my damp hair.

"Y-yeah," she shook her head. She did the same gesture I always do when I try to clear my head and try to snap my attention to the current reality.

I'm so sorry, Ariel. Please don't be mad at me, Pen's voice whispered into my mind.

"I'm not mad at you, Penelope. I could never be mad at anyone over this because it was my entire fault," I said in a soft voice.

I felt someone stroke my head and I lifted my head in a lazy manner to see who it was. I found Harry sitting up in my bed as he ran his fingers through my hair. I smiled up at him as if assuring him that I'm fine. He smiled down at me, but he didn't show his dimples. His hair was in a lazy wavy quiff. I just find it hard to look into his eyes, and I know I can't right now or else I will breakdown. I don't want to breakdown again.

"Here you go, both of you. The hotel staff brought us a kettle when Ariel was showering," Kait said with a small smile upon her lips.

I snapped out of my trance with Harry, and blushed. I quickly sat up and put some distance between us as I quickly grabbed the tea cup from her. I can tell she was trying hard not to giggle when she was my actions. I cleared my throat and took a small sip from the tea. I savored the sweet jasmine tea, and smiled. It brought back a nice memory from me being in the palace and having a lovely chat with... A lovely chat with Adrien. My smile fell slightly. Why did he hurt me? What would he have won if he managed to complete his plan?

"Ariel?" I looked up to find that Harry was staring at me curiously. However, it was Eve that called my name.

"Yeah?" I asked her with my croaky voice.

"What movie should we watch?" Kait asked as she scrolled through the telly guide.

"I don't know. I just want something exciting that will distract me, but that won't scare me," I said quickly before Kait stopped on Paranormal Activity.

"Yeah, no scary movies Kaitlyn," Evelia said teasingly.

"Why not? I'm here, so it's not like you should be scared," Harry chuckled out.

"Yeah, you're not staying here overnight. As soon as the film is over I'm kicking you out," I said and blushed at the same time.

"Fine, cry babies," Kaitlyn said teasingly. "How about this one? I've never seen it, and it sounds safe enough for you princesses."

I groaned and said, "Stop saying I'm a princess. I'm not a fan of the title. Especially not after the amazing day I had today."

I rolled my eyes and took another sip from my tea. "What's it called?" Evelia questioned.

"Um... Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," Kait said focusing on the screen again.

I didn't give anyone a chance to respond before I blurted out, "Percy! By the gods of Olympus can we please watch that one?"

I blushed when I realized I said that aloud, and I felt my headache return again. I groaned and pulled the duvet up and over me until my arms and anything above was only visible. All the while Harry didn't say anything. I saw from the corner of my eyes how he'd look at me concerned while Kait set up the film. It was as if there was some other reason for me to have picked the film, but in reality I just wanted to see who portrayed the role of Percy.

Less than five minutes later, the lights were dimmed and the film began. I finished my tea within the first ten minutes of the film, and I devoted my entire attention to the film. I loved how the actor portrayed Percy Jackson in a lovely way. Sure most of the film was off compared to the book, but I still loved the film. I loved how Percy and Annabeth's romance was evident by the end of the film. But something about the actor kept pulling something in my brain. Something about him...

"Now, Harry you need to leave. Film is over. Bye," I said slightly shoving him and snuggling down into my covers.

I felt the bed move when I started closing my eyes, and then he kissed my forehead. "Goodnight, Ary. I'll see you tomorrow," Harry said.

I blushed and prayed that he did not see my blush. The hotel door emitted a soft click, and I sighed. I fell into a deep sleep even before Kait managed to turn off the telly and turn the lights off.

I woke up to a well rested night for once since Daddy's death. I smiled until I felt my head burn. I groaned, and Eve said, "And she's up. Do you have the tea ready, Kait? The one I told you to prepare for fevers?"

"Yes. Room service brought it up about two minutes ago," Kait said from beside me. "Ariel, drink the tea. It'll help with your cold. Of course if you would have only stayed indoors then this wouldn't have happened."

"Don't remind me. I always make rash decisions when I feel like I'm suffocating in a room," I croaked out as my head throbbed.

Kait handed me the tea, and I finished it as fast as I could without cringing too much from the awful taste. I made a face when I finished it, and Eve giggled.

"What did you expect? Pumpkin juice?"

I smiled at her for her reference. "I think that's a sign you've been talking to me for far too long," I said through a giggle.

"Let's go down to breakfast. Everyone's waiting for us," Kait said through a smile.

"But I have nothing but dresses in that blasted luggage. Princess dresses at that," I groaned as I covered my face. How did I allow this princess thing to go on for such a long time? I should have just moved out of the palace because this entire situation with Adrien could have been prevented.

"And that's where you're wrong," Mary said stepping out from our washroom.

"When did you get in there?" I asked her as every word was laced with confusion.

"I've been here the whole time. Kait and Eve let me in when you were asleep. But, the girls and I ransacked your luggage when you weren't looking. We replaced four of the princess gowns with casual outfits, or as casual as your wardrobe can get. By the way, I may steal some of your clothing. It's lovely."

"Get out of bed. We picked your outfit already," Eve said with a smile.

I glared at them all. I grumbled under my breath something along the lines of them babying me too much, and slipped on my outfit. It was a cute flowy overall skirt, and a simple white fitted t-shirt. I slipped on my black Converse that they brought in my bag. I detangled my hair and pinned it out of my face so my natural waves fell down my back. My hair already reached my waist, and I absolutely adored it. I did my usual makeup to try to look less death-like since I winced at my reflection when I saw it.

"Let's go then," I sighed stepping out of the washroom as the girls smiled at me. As soon as we opened our door I noticed that Cher, Eleanor, and Perrie stepped out of their rooms. They smiled at me, but I didn't return it. All seven of us made our way down to the lobby for breakfast. The trip was long and uncomfortable. They didn't know how to break the ice, and I knew I wouldn't.

"How's your fever?" Evelia finally said as soon as the lift doors opened in the lobby.

"Better. My head still feels as if it's getting bashed onto a wall though," I said with a sigh and small smile. I knew the other three girls were listening. I'm not daft after all.

We walked towards the breakfast cart, and I got a helping of two chocolate chip waffles, bacon, an omelet, and some hash browns. I held a glass of orange juice in the other.

I tried walking to an empty table to avoid sitting with the guys and girls, but it didn't help when Niall called us over.

"Hey girls! Over here!" Niall signaled to their table.

I sighed and turned in their direction. As we walked over, the girls fell silent. Perrie and Eleanor sat beside their boyfriends as Cher sat beside Liam. "Good morning, Evelia, Mary, Kaitlyn, and Ariel," Liam greeted with a sincere smile.

"Morning," I said quietly picking a spot far away from them until Harry managed to pull me into a seat beside him as I passed by. I let out a small, squeak in surprise.

"Morning, Ary. How do you feel?" Harry asked as his eyes glittered in amusement feigning innocence.

"You almost made me drop my breakfast," I shot at him.

"But you didn't," he said with a playful smile. I felt my cheeks burn, and I looked away.

"I feel better. Not by much though. My head is pounding," I said trying not to look in his direction.

"Hey, Ariel. The girls and I are going into town. Do you want to join us?" Cher asked hesitantly.

"All three of us are going with them too. I invited Evelia and Kaitlyn," Mary said with a smile.

"No. Thanks but no thanks," I said bitterly as I stabbed my omelet and began to eat it. The table fell silent as we finished our breakfast.

"May I ask why?" Cher asked quietly as soon as I finished.

"Why?" I said bitterly. "You all act as if nothing happened. You're all acting as if you all accept Kaitlyn now. That confuses me. Why are you being nice now? I bet you didn't even invite Eve nor Kait."

I glared at her. Cher looked down at her plate in shame as well as Perrie and Eleanor. The guys remained silent and glanced back and forth from me to Cher.

"You don't know what she did to us though. I bet you don't even remember," Cher shot back as rage filled her eyes instead of guilt.

"Oh shut up! You wouldn't know what I have remembered and what I haven't. I remember everything Kait did to me—to us. But I chose to forgive her because a life full of hatred is not healthy," I spat at her as I stood from the table.

"I meant us! I'm sure you don't remember any of us," Cher said standing up as well. Everyone at the table was staring at us. Luckily there weren't any other guests in the small dining hall yet.

"Oh really? Cher Lloyd, I met you at music school the day I discovered Kaitlyn's plan. We became the best of friends until you broke contact with me when you left to the X Factor. You acted like nothing between us existed. Niall James Horan is from Mullingar, Ireland. He attended the X Factor the same time you did, and I met him one day when I found him in Cheshire when they were on momentary break. Liam James Payne is from Wolverhampton, and he was the first friend I made when I moved to London from Cheshire. Danielle Peazer, whom is not present, I met her the same day I met Liam, and she is a very lovely girl. Eleanor Calder, I met her along with Perrie Edwards after the first concert from the Up All Night tour where I was the opening act for One Direction. Louis William Tomlinson is from Doncaster, and I met him the day of Simon's Halloween party. He was my pranking partner, and we shared a hotel room for a huge part of the tour. Zayn Malik is from Bradford and he is very quiet compared to the other guys. I met him the day of the Halloween party as well, and we became good friends. Scarlet Winters and Mary Lancaster I met them both the same day and we became great friends. Harry Styles, I can't remember him yet. I've tried so hard to remember him, but I can't. I hope that's enough proof for you, Brat," I spat at her angrily before I stormed out of the dining hall.

I knew they were all in shock to hear that I've recovered most of my memories. I don't know if anyone followed me, but I didn't care. I merely returned to my hotel room. I turned on the telly as I entered the room, and I went into the washroom to remove my makeup.

"Apparently the Percy Jackson franchise will not be continuing with the release of the rest of the series. The Titan's Curse has been cancelled after producers and directors deemed there was too much damage done to the first two films to risk releasing a third. Logan Lerman is here now to explain what happened," the interviewer said.

I frowned and walked back into the bedroom with my makeup removed. I looked at the screen, and my heart stopped.

"Yes actually, filming has ceased. There have been too many negative reviews on the first two films so everything has been stopped indefinitely. If the films are remade, I won't be playing the role of Percy Jackson any longer, and Alexandra Daddario won't be playing the role of Annabeth Chase," Logan continued but I zoned out.

Only one thing passed through my mind when I saw him. I remembered how he was like a brother to me and he was also my ex-boyfriend. My memories of him slowly returned as I stared at the screen in shock. I remembered someone else.

A/N: sorry again... I got flowed with assignments & then exams again. I'm trying to write as much as I can in my free time when I'm not studying, but I just find it hard. I'm sorry. I really don't have another excuse. I'm fine emotionally & physically. So I'm sorry.
I can't wait for Four to come out. I absolutely adore Steal My Girl & Ready To Run. I refuse to listen to the leaked album because I feel like it's disrespectful since they worked so hard on it. I won't judge you if you have because it's your choice. It doesn't make you any less of a Directioner if you listen to it or if you don't.
Next update soon. Hopefully.
-Susy xo
P.S. The picture on the side explains how Ariel feels right now & the song is Who You Are by Jessie J. Toodles. xx
P.P.S. The Doctor Who series finale killed me. BYe

Twitter: @princessrockary