Reappearance- Chapter 17

Ariel's POV:

"Evelia are you sure you don't want to come into town with us?" I asked Evelia as the maids finished hanging up all her clothing in the closet. Her bedroom wasn't as large as mine, but instead it was a fourth of its size. It is small, but at least it still has its own small walk-in closet. It also has its own loo, but it doesn't have a bathtub and a shower like mine. Hers only has a small shower and a small counter. From what I heard, it's the same size as any loo, so it's small. She has a balcony as well, and it also overlooked the same area of the palace as mine. She had a burgundy carpet as a floor, and white walls with a luxurious design. The bed was placed right by the door to the loo, and there was a small bedside table on its other side. There was a small desk with drawers a couple of feet away from the foot of the bed, and a full body mirror resided beside the balcony. There was also a small vanity mirror over the desk. The doors to get into the balcony were all glass except for the handles, and a fairly thick ivory curtain hung over them to prevent anyone from seeing through them. There was a small bookshelf on the other side of the room and a white rocking chair in case the guest felt like reading. This bedroom, like most, was lit up by a chandelier. Currently, Evelia had one door to the balcony open to let it a bit of fresh air, and she was unpacking her electronics and books.

"I'm fine. You girls go on ahead. I don't want to have the misfortune in running in to my brother. Plus, I feel like unpacking the little books and electronics I brought with me from France," Evelia said with a small smile. She was sporting a royal blue conservative dress that had a collar and sleeves to hide the bruises Adrien made on her collarbones. It also had a brown leather belt going across her waist. The bruises she had on her face and neck she covered up with makeup again, and she wore my usual makeup. She paired everything with short black heels. She had her hair in soft curls, and a royal blue bow adorned the right side of her hair.

"But you're dressed to go out. Please, Evelia join us," Mary said pouting her bottom lip.

"But I'm scared that my brother will see me," Evelia said while biting her bottom lip.

"Well let him see you. Just keep your head held high and avoid his stare. If he tries to approach you, he can't do anything since we're out in public. Plus we will hurt him if he attempts anyways," Kait said with a confident smile.

"It's a very tempting offer, but it's fine. You all go. I really don't feel like going. Plus, I'll have a snack ready for you guys when you come back," Evelia said while winking and giving us an encouraging smile.

"Fine, but don't say that we didn't invite you," I said while giggling and exiting her bedroom.

I heard Evelia start laughing and then she yelled so we would hear her, "Don't worry I won't!"

We giggled down the staircase and as soon as we were in the courtyard, I turned to look at Mary and Kaitlyn. "A driver will be taking us to my old flat, and from there I will get my tiny adorable car. I need to give her a spin before spiders invade the inside," I said with a shudder.

They laughed and Kait said teasingly, "Aw is wittle Awiel scawed of little itty bitty spiders?"

"Oh trust me you wouldn't be laughing if was coming down its web in front of your face. Plus, spiders are hideous and creepy. They have pincers and then there are the tarantulas that are so huge and hairy," I said with another shudder.

"Alright fine you win. They are creepy, but why are going to your flat?" Kait questioned and Mary nodded her head.

"I really need those fabrics as soon as possible so I can start making the gowns, Ariel," Mary said as we reached the doors that separated us from driveway and the courtyard.

"Don't worry. I just want to replace all my decorations in my flat. I may even send some of my boxes that are here back to my flat. I want to move out," I said while shrugging.

"Wait, move out?" Mary asked with wide eyes as she yanked me back. "But you don't have all of your memories yet."

"I know but I just want my space away from the palace. It's just... I don't know. I think having my own place will help," I said sighing and stepping into the waiting car on the driveway.

"Trust me it won't go away. It will continue to follow you until you learn to accept it," Kait said with a sad smile.

"I know, but I guess I won't leave just yet. I'll wait until I have my memories again," I said with a sigh.

"Do we go to your flat complex, Princess?" our driver James asked.

"Yes please, James. Call me Ariel though. I've told you all to call me Ariel," I said with a friendly smile directed to James.

"As you wish," he said with an expressionless face and tone.

"What climbed into his panties and died?" Kait whispered into my ear.

"Dunno. He's usually like this," I said with a shrug trying to suppress my giggles. Today I was wearing black leather pants, a plain white button down shirt with short sleeves and a brown belt going across, and white converse. My hair was done in soft curls and was pulled away from my face. I wore my usual jewelry and makeup.

"Eesh. I'm glad I rarely talk to him then," Mary said with a grimace. The rest of the trip to my flat complex was quiet. Some people gaped when they saw the royal car pass, but many just disregarded it. James dropped us off in the car lot, and we thanked him.

"Thank you for the ride, James. You can return to the palace now," I told him with a friendly smile before I closed the door.

"You are welcome, Your Highness," James said before the door finished closing. We walked into the lobby of the flat complex, and I heard the girls start laughing. I grumbled under my breath.

"He refuses to call you anything but formal names, huh?" Mary asked with amusement.

"Just like everyone else that works in the palace. It's way too formal there that it drives me insane! Don't you two start with formal names or you will get kicked out of my car," I grumbled at them as we walked towards the lift. They merely continued their mini giggle fest as we waited for the doors to open and take us to level twenty-three. Once we were outside my door, I slipped out my keys from my small black handbag and opened my door. Inside, the boxes were still right where we had left them. "Alright so let's do this quickly so we can head into town right after this."

We opened every box and I showed them exactly where each of the items went. We placed everything from decorations to glass cups back in their designated places within the hour. The flat look almost complete, but as I was staring into the empty room upstairs I felt like something was missing. "Something's missing here, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe the items are back in the palace," I said quietly to myself.

I heard Mary and Kaitlyn laughing downstairs, and I smiled. I walked downstairs, and I noticed that they still didn't notice me. They were fussing over something on my telly, and instead I walked over towards the gym. I was looking around in awe because I couldn't believe that I pretty much had an entire house in the flat complex. My hand ran over every piece of equipment, and I smiled. All the equipment was used, but I knew I wasn't the one that used it. I walked over to the window, and popped it open. As soon a soft breeze came in, I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

Flashback

I quickly and quietly got out. I made sure that my pink converse didn't leave marks. I sprinted to the window, and yanked it open. There was a blast of cold air. I shivered because I was only wearing a long sleeve. I put my keys and phone into my pockets and climbed out the window. I managed to close the window. I noticed that a guy with curly hair and a plaid shirt managed to sneak away without being noticed from a group of lads that were searching the place, and he stood at the entrance of the bedroom. He was walking towards the wardrobe until he saw me outside. His eyes widened, but he realized what I was doing. He mouthed the words "Hurry" and draped the curtains over the window. I started to climb the slippery stairs. I lost my footing half ways up, but my hands were clinging tightly onto the stairs. Once I reached the fire escape by my window, I clearly heard a different guy say, "There's no one here lads we probably just heard wrong."

I sighed in relief and made my way through my window. Once I was in my private gym, I closed the window and locked it.

That was a close one.

End of Flashback

I smiled again once I opened my eyes. I feel as if I should know both lads that appeared in my memory, but I can't recall them. Apparently he lives under me, but I don't know if I should visit. No one could possibly be home anyways since it's the middle of the day. He probably went out to run some errands. "Hey, Mary and Kait? You guys ready to leave?" I called out as I shut and locked the open window, and walked back into the living room.

"Nope, but let's go because then I won't find the fabrics I need," Mary said quickly standing up and pulling Kait along with her. We walked out of the flat as I locked it behind me, and made our way to the lift then down to the lobby.

"Where’s your car again?" Kait asked scanning the car lot.

"It's the red metallic Beetle over there," Mary said pointing towards the car and we walked towards it.

"Well looks like the rain kept the car from getting cobwebs and dirty. For once, I don't mind it," I said with a childish smile. They laughed, and they climbed into the car as soon as it was unlocked. Kait slid into the back while Mary took the passenger seat. "Where to?"

"Fabi's Fabrics. It's about ten minutes away from here. I'll tell you how to get there," Mary said with an excited smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~3 Hours Later~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Three hours! It took us three hours to return to the palace! Two hours for you to get the fabrics you wanted," Kaitlyn said letting out a frustrated groan as Mary climbed out of my Beetle and onto the palace driveway. "Oh and let's not forget about the fact that we were wandering around in a circle for the first hour because we were lost in downtown London!"

Mary groaned and said, "I'm sorry. I was distracted-."

"Yeah distracted texting someone by the name Niall," I said with a smirk whilst opening the boot of my car from the inside.

"Oh la la! Is it perhaps the same blonde that's in that one famous boy band?" Kait asked while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Or perhaps-," I began before Mary interrupted me.

"Oh shut it, both of you," Mary said whilst blushing furiously. "Now, Kait quit teasing me along with Ariel, and help me bring in the fabrics inside while Ariel waits for James to come and take her car to their car lot."

Kait and I giggled, but she followed Mary's orders. They each carried half of the fabrics inside while I leaned on my Beetle waiting for James. I started tapping on my car absentmindedly to an unrecognizable beat. I started to hum along to the song when James appeared. I handed him the keys to my car, and James slid in. He took my car around the palace to the other cars, and I spun on my heel and prepared to head inside when I heard someone call my name and a car sharply brake. I froze, and my eyes widened. I noticed that one of the two guards, Mark, looked at me with concern, but I waved him off as if to not worry him. The person that called my name jumped out of their car and ran up to me. "Please, Ariel you need to hear me out," Adrien said before spinning me around.

I gave him an icy glare and snatched my arm away from him. I turned on my heel and began to walk to the doors that led into the courtyard. "Follow me," I said in the same cold tone.

Adrien followed me wordlessly, and together we walked through the courtyard. "Look, it wasn't what it looked like-," he began as we neared the palace doors.

I barked out a laugh and said, "That's what every guy says when they are caught doing something they weren't supposed to be doing."

"Please, if you would only listen-."

"Honestly, Adrien I'm so tired of listening to you. You show me a different side of you that you don't show Evelia. You show her a cold cruel side of you, and I always wonder why. Who are you, honestly?"

"Who am I? Ariel, you know who I am. The side I show you is my true side. I honestly don't know why I show Evelia a side that isn't me."

"Bullshit!" I yell once we are inside the palace and in front of the staircase. "How can you not know the reason as to why you hurt her the way you do? That's like asking a snake why they attack someone trespassing in their territory!"

His eyes darkened and turned icy cold. I felt my heart drop, and my limbs felt heavy. As he took a step towards me, I took a step back. "Oh, Ariel. When will you learn to stay out of others' business?" His icy tone tore through me as if I were made of paper. To say I was scared is an understatement. In this moment, I thought of Harry. Harry would never talk to me like Adrien was right now. "You really need to get out of your fairy tale bubble. You are so naive and gullible." Adrien kept talking as he slowly approached me, and I couldn't walk back anymore as my back had hit the wall. "You really want to know why I hurt Evelia? Because she kept sticking her nose into my business, so if you don't want her fate, I suggest you stop questioning me." My eyes widened even more, and my pulse quickened. I suddenly felt my limbs again, but he continued to talk. "You wouldn't want me to hurt your pretty little face now, would you? I mean, I could but-."

That was all he managed to say before I pushed him hard back, and he tripped over his feet and fell down the two stairs that lead to the corridor towards Mary's study, our family room, and private study. He fell with a loud thump, and I sprint up the stairs. As soon as I reached the top of the stairs, I heard Adrien groan. He stood up and said, "Ariel! You will pay for that!"

I sprint down the hallway and saw Evelia's door open. She wasn't in there, and I sighed in relief I continued to sprint until I reached my door, and I turned around. I saw Adrien was at the top of the stairs and he was glaring at me with and icy twisted smile. My fear continued to grow as I yanked my door open and slammed it shut. I locked it and walked backwards until my back hit the trophies section of my wall. I heard Adrien pound on the door. "Ariel! Open this damn door and I swear it won't be as bad as I want it to be," he said while continuously pounding.

I noticed that the wooden doors were staring to crack where the locks were located, and I knew it was only minutes until he came in. I stretched my hand towards the wall with a thumping heart, and I felt the huge metal key. I grabbed it as if it could guarantee me safety, and I heard the door crack. I had two minutes tops until the door would spring open. My eyes immediately landed on my walk-in closet, and I sprang towards it. As soon as I slowly closed the doors behind me so they wouldn't click shut loudly, the bedroom doors cracked open. "Ariel? Where are you?" Adrien asked in a scary and cold voice.

My breath hitched in my throat and I quietly ran to the back of my closet and crouched down behind the boxes that contained my belongings that came from my flat. "Ariel! Where are you hiding? You can't possibly be hiding in the loo now, are you? You'd be daft to trap yourself in there," he said with a low cold chuckle.

Ariel, the wallpaper. Look at it, Pen's voice said in my mind urgently. I ignored her because what can I do? Admire it until he finds me? I heard Adrien walk back out of the loo, and I imagined him turning in a circle to examine my bedroom carefully as if I were hiding in there. I heard him stop, and he chuckled lowly. "You can't possibly be in there," I heard his cold voice say before his footsteps got louder.

My heart beat faster, but I heard him walk past the walk-in closet towards the balcony. "Ariel, I know you're in the balcony. Come out. I promise to hit you fast and hard once. Maybe that will jog your memory," he said while chuckling coldly again. “Plus, it’s not like you can escape that balcony. You’d have to jump off, and you and I both know you aren’t daft enough to do that without hurting those around you.”

I heard him yank the balcony doors open, but he slammed them shut again, and said very loudly in a pissed off tone, "Quit playing games with me, Ariel! Where are you?!"

This time his footsteps became louder in the direction of the walk-in closet. I began to cry in fear, and that's when I decided to look up at the wallpaper. I saw a small piece of it was ripped off, and I examined it quickly as Adrien said, "Ariel, please come out of there. I know you're in there. This is your final hiding place."

I noticed there was a large keyhole behind it, and I looked down into my right palm. I saw I was gripping the huge old-fashioned key in it, and I took a chance. I mean, it was either that or getting hurt by Adrien. I slammed the key in soundlessly, and turned it. I visibly heard that something unlocked, and I pushed on the wall. On the other side it was pitch black and I sprint inside quietly. I soundlessly pushed the wall until I heard a soft click. I heard the doors to the walk-in closet being harshly pulled open, and I held my breath. I felt something vibrate in my bag, and my eyes widened in realization. I can call someone to help me. I quickly dialed Mary's number and waited for her to pick up.

(M= Mary, A= Ariel)

M: Hey! Where are you? *giggling in background*

A: Mary! *whispering scared tone*

M: Ariel? What's going on?! *panicking tone & Kaitlyn stops laughing*

A: Mary, please send Mark up right now. Please! It's Adrien.

M: What's going on?! How did he get in?!

"Ariel! Where the fuck are you?! Don't get me even more pissed off than I am! I will only hurt you more!" Adrien yelled in my walk-in closet. It sounded as if he was very near to the door. I knew that Mary heard him because I heard her suck in a sharp breath.

A: Hurry up and send Mark up to my bedroom. Please! Adrien wants to hurt me.

M: I'm going! Just stay hidden. Kaitlyn! *screaming in her study* Go get Mark! Hurry up! I saw him by at the entrance of the courtyard from the outside. Hurry! Ariel needs help! It's Adrien!

*End of Call*

I walked blindly back until I felt myself lose my footing, and I tripped down some stairs. I twisted and turned during the entire way down since they were spiral, but it was over soon as it started. I groaned when I reached the bottom, but I became proud of myself because Adrien didn't hear me. As I stood up, I tripped over something, and I squealed. I think the room was soundproof because Adrien didn't hear me. I felt my hand vibrate, and I looked down. I saw I had a text message from Mary, and I quickly opened it.

From: Mary
Going! Don't move

To: Mary
It's not like I can anyways. Hurry up! If you can't find me, don't worry I'm safe. But please tell Mark to not mention this to anyone but the guards. It's an order that my parents must not know. You & Kait better not tell my parents either. Please.

I sent the message, and turned to examine the room. I saw there was a small ray of grayish light coming from outside, and I walked towards it. In my haze, I temporarily forgot about the problems going on merely on the other side of the soundproof wall. When I reached it, I saw that it was a curtain, and I pulled it back until I saw that it was a room that was half the size on my bedroom, but it seemed to be located on the side of the house that faced the car lot. It was obvious that it was half ways located on the first and second levels. The room had glass walls, and there was a small window that I could open so I could let in fresh air. I turned, and gasped. I saw there were instruments everywhere. Two guitars caught my eye, however. One of them was a regular acoustic guitar that had many of my nerd fandoms while a couple others I still don't recognize. The other guitar had a sort of galaxy design, and it was connected to a small speaker. It was obviously an electric guitar. "Star and Andromeda," I whispered out.

I felt myself drop my phone, bag, and key onto the floor. I walked in a sort of daze towards the piano keyboard, and turned it on. I tried wiping most of the dust off, and I mindlessly began playing a song that I sang softly along to.

Same Mistakes

Circles, we're going in circles
Dizzy's all it makes us
We know where it takes us
We've been before
Closer, maybe looking closer
There's more to discover
Find out what went wrong
Without blaming each other

Think that we got more time
When we're falling behind
Gotta make up my mind

Or else we'll play, play, play all the same old games
And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change
And we take, take, take it for granted that we'll be the same
But we're making all the same mistakes

Wake up, we both need to wake up
Maybe if we face up to this
We can make it through this
Closer, maybe we'll be closer
Stronger than we were before, yeah
Make this something more, yeah

Think that we got more time
One more falling behind
Gotta make up our minds

Or else we'll play, play, play all the same old games
And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change
And we take, take, take it for granted that we'll be the same
But we're making all the same mistakes
Yeah, yeah, that's what crazy is
When it's broken, you say there's nothing to fix
And you pray, pray, pray
That everything will be okay
While you're making all the same mistakes

Don't look back,
But if we don't look back
We're only learning then
How to make all the same, same mistakes again

So we play, play, play all the same old games
And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change
And we take, take, take it for granted that we'll be the same
But we're making all the same mistakes
Yeah, yeah, that's what crazy is
When it's broken, you say there's nothing to fix
And you pray, pray, pray
That everything will be okay
While you're making all the same mistakes.

I stopped playing, and I stared at the piano keyboard in awe. But where did I hear this song? It's so beautiful and perfect... I played more songs on the piano keyboard for the next couple of hours, and all the songs were Disney. However, even though I lost myself in music for a couple of hours, I still kept wondering where I heard that song and why it sounded so familiar.