Waiting- Chapter 6

Waiting- Chapter 6

Harry's POV:

We arrived to the hospital within ten minutes. Ariel was revived and she's unconscious. We tried to wake her up because she may get a concussion, but she didn’t stir. This worried us a lot. The paramedics rushed her through a pair of double doors, and I tried to follow them. A man in nurses' scrubs stopped me and told me that I couldn't get through. "I'm sorry, sir. You can't come back here. Only doctors, nurses, and paramedics are allowed in here," he said while pushing me back slightly.

He offered me a sad smile, but I glared at him while tears continued to make their way down my face fast. "That's my best friend! We've known each other since we were five, and we love each other! I need to be by her side," I said while trying to push past him.

He pulled me down corridors until we were in front of the waiting room. "I'm sorry, but no one can enter the surgical room. We will keep you posted on her condition. Until then, please fill out the personal information we need," he said while pulling some papers from the nurses' counter.

I glared at him, but took the papers. I sat down in an empty area and prayed that I wouldn't encounter any fans. I'm not in the mood to meet any at the moment. My hand shook as I tried to fill out the forms. As I was about to begin, I heard two people rush in. I snapped my head up and noticed it was Queen Cassidy and King Thomas. The King was trying to find out what room Ariel was in while the Queen was gripping on the sleeves of her casual gown. She wiped the tears away with her sleeves. Eventually the same nurse pointed them to my direction. I offered them a small forced smile, and they walked over. The Queen quickly turned to me and asked, "How is she? We just got the call, and I was happy until they told us that she was rushed to the hospital."

Her dark wavy hair was pulled out of her face while her brown eyes bored into my green ones. Her pale skin complimented the light blue casual gown she wore. She reminded me so much of Ariel, but it's obvious why. Ariel is a complete replica of her mother except for her eyes. It took me a couple of moments to respond. How should I tell them? "I honestly don't know how she is. She... She saved me."

"What do you mean?" She placed a hand on my knee as if encouraging me to continue. The King was listening intently. The King and Queen's tears were momentarily frozen as they heard the rest of my story.

"She jumped in front of a bullet for me... The bullet would have hit my head if she didn't. She... She sacrificed herself," I said while tears chocked back the rest of my story. I placed the clipboard with the paperwork on the empty chair beside me and cried into my hands. I looked up at them after awhile and decided to continue. "The bullet hit her on the left side of her back, and when she hit the ground her head hit a sharp rock. There was so much blood... She kept swimming in and out on consciousness until the helicopter got there. In the helicopter, she was unconscious until about fifteen minutes ago... She woke up, but to say goodbye." I choked back a sob, and I heard the Queen release a sob. The King quickly embraced her and rubbed her back to calm her down. "We managed to revive her, but she hasn't woken up. She was rushed into surgery to remove the bullet and make sure there isn't any internal bleeding."

I tried stopping the tears, but they were endless. I looked at the King and Queen, and they were a mess. The Queen was crying harder into the King's chest while the King rested his head on top of hers. Tears made their way down his face. After about ten minutes of crying, the Queen looked up at me. Her eyes were bloodshot and the bags under her eyes seemed more visible. She quietly said, "She always loved you. Whenever she spoke to us about you, there was a twinkle in her eye. It's as if you bring immeasurable joy into her life. That's why she saved you. We don't blame you for her injuries. She knew what she was doing, and she was protecting the person she loves the most. The only person to blame is Amelia. She hurt her. She swore we would never see her again, and she's completing her promise. Just don't worry about it."