Best Friend and Tiaras- Chapter 10

Ariel's POV:

"Good morning, Ariel," Crystal said with a warm smile as she brought my breakfast in. She placed my breakfast on a small table by the window sill where I was currently sitting.

"Good morning, Crystal. Thank you for the breakfast too," I said while giving her a warm friendly smile. I wasn't scared anymore to talk to people. I don't flinch anymore either. Well as long as they don't have an aggressive attitude I won't flinch.

"What are you drawing there?" Crystal questioned once she saw I was drawing again.

"I don't know. Just this girl that keeps popping up in my head. I can't place a name on her, but she seems very familiar. I think she was a friend," I tell her with a shy smile as I was finishing my portrait of the girl.

"Well I'm happy you're putting that sketch pad that Mr. Styles dropped off to good use. I'm sure he'd be very happy. The sketch is coming out very lovely."

"He would..." I said trailing off and stopped sketching. I miss him. I know he's on tour, but I hope I see him again soon. I've wanted to see him again, but I'm just shy to tell him because he must be very busy.

"I'll let you be, Ariel. Don't forget to go down to Jada's office in an hour for your daily meeting."

"Thanks, Crystal. Don't worry I won't forget." I gave her one final smile, and Crystal exited the room. I stared out the window with a small smile on my face. It's been a week and I've improved so much. I've met some of the other patients, but I'm scared to be near them because two have turned unstable after talking to me. I'm not the cause for it, but according to Jada, they have been expecting those two patients to crack. She told me how they've been on edge for awhile. They almost hurt me physically when I met them, and security had to rush over to hold them down while the nurses sedated them. I was scared to say the least because one of the patients was one of the girls I talked to my first night here. She seemed so at ease when I first met her, but I guess we all hide something. She's been on lockdown, and from what I've heard she's a bit more stable now. I wouldn't know anymore because I've spent all my time in my room now. I haven't risked leaving it anymore. Also more good news, I can walk now! Well as long as I wear these leg braces to support my knees and shins I can walk. If I don't, then I can only walk properly for three hours at the most before collapsing. It turns out that my muscles and tissues in my legs were badly damaged when I was kidnapped, so that's why I couldn't walk. There's a small scar towards the top of my head where I keep hidden under my bangs. There's another scar on my back, and I'm quite curious to know why I have it. I've learned to do more hairstyles since I've had plenty of free time. So least to say, I'm way better than from when I was originally brought to Oak Woods.

I set my art pad aside and ate my breakfast. I can worry about it later. I need to get out of these pajamas and put on my legs braces. As soon as I finished my porridge, I walked slowly to my wardrobe and pulled out a white pair of skinny jeans, a neon green one shoulder silk shirt, and neon green converse. I quickly removed my pajamas and put on my leg braces before slipping on my outfit. I walked over to the small vanity mirror and brushed out my tangled wavy hair. It was pretty long. It was down to my mid-back. I don't plan on cutting it anytime soon either. I seem to like it long. I did a halo braid in my hair, and placed a bit of hair gel in it to style the wavy hair. I went back to my art pad and decided to try to finish the portrait since I still have thirty minutes until my meeting. I didn't get to finish my portrait within twenty minutes, but I left it open to the portrait on my bed. I grabbed my phone before going to the lift. I decided to send Harry a text because I finally plucked up the courage to tell him I missed him.