Chapter 53

Aster's P.O.V.:

By the time I woke up, Abel was gone from my apartment and Calvin was full on cooking in the kitchen, a wide smile on his face and great mood. And the most surprising thing was, his smile wasn't quite as big as mine.

I spent the whole day with a dumb grin curling my lips up in the most lovesick way possible. Wasn't even able to disguise it, Harry's face flashing back to my mind every 5 minutes. I kept reliving his cheeky dance back in the nightclub, or the way he kissed me when we saw each other on that dance floor, the touch of his big hand on the swell of my waist and the reassuring warmth of his presence.

My heart would skip a beat every time I remembered the way he was looking at me all night. Harry is an incredibly good looking guy, so the glances on him weren't short, almost every woman in the place trying to gain his attention somehow. But the familiar, emerald green eyes never left my face and body. He looked at me all night like I was the only person in that crowded nightclub, giving me his full, undivided attention and making me feel like the most gorgeous woman in the world.

A month ago I would spend my whole weekend thinking of how much I hated Harry and how frustrated he'd get me on a daily basis, but there was I now, just daydreaming about him like some teenager.

Well, to be accurate, like I used to do when I was a teenager myself. Funny how the subject of my obsession continues to be the same guy.

"Jeeh, boo, you didn't hear any word I just said, did you?" Calvin scoffed, rolling his eyes. "And don't you dare tell me you aren't thinking about him."

I felt my cheeks blushing, looking away so Calvin wouldn't notice, but he has been my best friend since college, so of course he noticed it right away.

"You're head over heels about him, aren't you?" Calvin's eyes sparkled as he pinned them on mine, trapping me under his knowing gaze. "Gosh, I've never seen you like this about any other guy."

I kept quiet, not wanting to admit out loud what I've barely had the guts to admit to myself. That spending a whole week away from Harry was way harder than I would've ever imagined, and that I've missed him with every fiber of my body. Even though I was angry and hurt by his words, I kept thinking about him and wishing to God I would be strong enough to give him the hard time he deserved after saying what he said last Saturday.

"Are you going to tell him?" Calvin asked suddenly.

"Tell him what?"

"How do you feel about him?"

"No, of course not." My answer was automatic, even though I wasn't meaning to admit my feelings out loud, not even to my best friend. "He would freak out. And right now, he is the only ally I have over the whole S&L thing."

"Yeah, I get it, but..." Calvin frowned, pinning his eyes on mine with a sudden seriousness. "For what is worth, I don't think he would. Freak out, I mean. I saw the way he looks at you, baby boo, and I don't think that's just lust. I just don't want you to deprive yourself from having a nice thing with him just because you're too proud to admit it."

"Don't worry about it." I answered him, not exactly saying what he wanted to hear, but also not discarding what he just said to me.

I mean, of course I'm not telling Harry I love him - he would totally freak out and run away, and what I told Calvin is truth, Harry is the only person who told me the truth about S&L and is the only ally I have there, the only person I can trust, and I simply can't risk it, specially over feelings I know he doesn't reciprocate. I mean yeah, of course he likes me and is obviously horny for me, but loving me? Like I love him?