Chapter 11

2019, September 11h - wednesday | 10pm

Aster's P.O.V:

Jesus Christ, I'm exhausted.

Over the past 6 hours I've been working non-stop, it almost feels like when I've just started working at S&L and wanted to prove my value to my father and also for myself. I think I've drink at least 6 cups of coffee, but honestly, I'm still sleepy.

Stephanie just sent me the last contract of the day and stopped by my office to tell me good night, so all I have to do is review the contract, then I can call it a day and go back to my apartment. Normally I would be getting ready to sleep around this hour, and the tiredness of this day is starting to weight like a hundred pounds over my shoulder. The idea of waking up at 5 tomorrow is already starting to make me feel desperate, but at least the weekend is right in the corner and I'll be able to rest in peace for two days straight.

Looking at the bright side, at least Harry is not around anymore. The worst part of today was trying to concentrate with him around, singing, walking around, talking to the phone and pretty much existing - even his breath was pushing my buttons today.

When it was around 8pm, his two employees arrived, talking loud and making even more noise. As usually, Abel was kind of rude to me, first asking why I was still here, then barely acknowledging my sharp answer. However Rickie, the guy with tattoos on his face, was extremely polite, and quite pleasant with me.

"Hey, Aster is it?" He said as soon as he saw me sitting behind my desk with a scowl in my face "I'm Rickie Austin, I'm one of Harry's associates. I'm sorry for the confusion last night." He extended his hand and when I went to shake it, he took my hand delicately and brought it to his lips, kissing my skin.

"Hello, Rickie." I couldn't help the smile cracking up my lips. I'm usually harder to please, especially considering the other circumstances I've met Rickie before, but something about him put me at ease almost immediately. "That's OK, it wasn't your fault."

His bright smile contrasted with the statement tattooed right under his eyes - Always Tired.

"So, lots of work today?" He asked, and I noticed that he has a razor wired tattooed on his forehead, and the words Stay Away right above his right eyebrow.

I mean, if I'd met a guy with his looks at some dark corner while taking Tate to his night walk I would probably run to the opposite direction as fast as I could. Nothing about his appearance is friendly or inviting, but there's something about his energy that made me like him immediately. At the same time, I just can't see a guy with a hand clad in metal armor with a battle weapon tattooed on his face as an usual sales guy, especially considering the field we work on.

"An awful lot" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Big boss Styles said you wouldn't be around this late, but it's been two days in a roll, I hope everything is OK." Rickie smiled.

"Oh, everything is fine, just some piled up work. How about you? Why are you always around so late? Big boss Styles is making you work after hours?"

"Oh, no" Rickie chuckled "This is the time I usually start working and--"

"What's up with the third degree, Honeycup?" Harry interrupted Rickie from his desk, his voice sounding playful. "You don't see me being nosy around your job, so stop trying to take care of my business."

"Your business? S&L stands for Styles and Loutherbergh, Harry."

"Who said anything about S&L?" Harry chuckled, standing from behind his desk and circling it "Guess we can have our meeting elsewhere, mates, it's too crowded here tonight." And with that, he left the room, Abel following him close and Rickie just smiling sweetly at me before leaving as well.