Five

It wasn't a dream that you and Ben had shared a kiss. When you had woken up the following morning, a part of you had believed it was just a fantasy... but remembering how Ben walked you back to your chambers, gazing down at you before giving you a quick—yet sweet—kiss made you blush. It was all you thought about

All day.

You couldn't get it off of your mind, falling into dazes as you sat in meetings. You've never had, let alone enjoyed, a kiss like that before. Just the simple thought of it made you flustered... and you were hoping it wasn't that obvious.

You hadn't seen Ben at all, being tugged into tiresome meetings with your mother. Even for breakfast you had to have it in a hurry and missed him.

"Thank you all for attending, you all are dismissed," the queen spoke before standing up, allowing everyone to leave for the day. "Your head has been up in the clouds all day."

Perking up in your seat and look over at your mother, you blinked, "I—"

"I'm assuming it's because you miss your friend?" Walking up to you as you stood from your seat, you bit your inner lip. She wasn't entirely wrong... so agreeing wouldn't be a lie.

"You've got me..." you muttered as your mother smiled.

"He's a good man. I can tell. There is no surprise you two have become so close... He's quite charming, hmm?"

"Oh, mother..." you shook your head, earning a chuckle from her as she gently pinched your cheek. "He's my best friend."

"I can tell," she nodded. "I won't hold you back for much longer, you can go."

Smiling, you bowed your head and kissed her cheek before rushing off... in a somewhat calm manner. Every time you saw someone, you slowed your pace, only to pick it up when the halls were cleared, hearing nothing but your heels and faint giggles of excitement. Both to see Ben and... because you kind of enjoyed the sneaking around. Even if it was all new to you.

Rushing through the halls, you slowed your pace as you walked by the bridge to the tower. Seeing the door in the distance open, you decided to make your way through. You had hoped he was in there, but you were curious as to what it was he would be doing with the door open. Peeking your head in and seeing him standing there, you smiled.

"Princess," Ben spoke up, sensing you.

Blushing, you took a step in, "hello, Ben."

"Come," he nudged his head with his back still facing you, you doing so.

"What is it that you're doing?" You asked before realizing he was working on an easel. "Oh, you're painting."

"Mhm," he nodded before stepping to a side to show you. "It's you."

Feeling your heart skip a beat as you walked closer, your lips parted in awe as your eyes widened. "Ben..." blinking a few times, hoping you weren't imagining, a smile grew on your face as your eyes teared up. "You..."

"I thought I'd give it a try... I haven't pained in some time," he admitted. "I hope I am doing you justice."

"Ben, of course! This is beautiful!"

"It isn't quite finished, it'll take some time to fin—" before he could finish his sentence, you had rushed up to him and pulled him into a kiss. Catching him off guard, Ben couldn't help but freeze up.

"Thank you..." you softly spoke, looking up at him with a soft smile. "No one has ever done something like this for me."

Eyeing you, Ben smiled before reaching up to cup your cheek, "I wouldn't want any other muse." Seeing your own smile grow, he leaned in and kissed you. "How was your day?" He asked as he held onto your hands.