One

Supreme Leader Kylo Ren expanded his ruling across the galaxy, reaching more planets he never thought he could. It had been ten years since the birth of his first born, ten years since you took his side and helped him stay levelheaded. Kai—your youngest—was four now, and both children were Force sensitive.

Naberrie spent many of her days training under her father, simple tasks relating to the mind and meditation. Nothing too intense for her. Although she was ten, Kylo didn't want her to feel that pressure of being perfect and powerful at such a young age. He made sure she understood the abilities she held, but also made sure she knew how intelligent she was.

Kai, on the other hand, spent most of his time with you when he wasn't being educated by his personal droid. You showed him the ropes of what you did, he also just loved to simply be around you. Your youngest was Force sensitive—Kylo felt it—however, he hadn't quite shown it. At least, nothing too shocking. He felt things like your emotions every now and then and knew when Kylo was nearby, but nothing that needed training.

At least, not yet.

The two had their own personal droids teaching them five days a week, spending most of their time being educated while having their needed breaks for other activities; they either learned to paint, play an instrument, or something to keep them active. It was very important to both you and Kylo that your children had a proper education—not just to learn about the royal world around them—but to also have great knowledge from maths to sciences, to arts.

It was a late night for Kylo and he was thinking about his kids, wondering how their days went. He had been super busy that he had his dinner brought to him rather than join the three of you. He hated being apart and not spending quality time. Even in a shared palace, he still was too busy.

Retiring for the evening and returning to the personal quarters he shared with you, Kylo dragged his slumped self inside. He had checked up on Naberrie and Kai before he made his way to you, seeing you fast asleep. A smile grew on his lips as he approached you and gave your shoulder a gentle kiss before he made his way to the refresher. He cleaned up all the stress from the day and eventually found his way underneath the sheets, beside you.

Spooning you, holding you against his chest and leaving smells kisses against your head before nuzzling you, Kylo shut his eyes. It was silent, nothing but the air humming...

Then, suddenly, a faint snicker was heard. One that wasn't from around him... but inside his head.

Feeling his heart sink, he opened his eyes. He could hear the sudden thudding of his heart in his ears. Holding you even closer, Kylo tried to calm himself. Taking in deep breaths, he sniffed your hair and pressed his forehead against you, remembering he was married and a father, free from his demons. Now full of love in his once cold heart.

Or so he thought.

Morning had come and it was a new day. A new day filled with multiple discussions and gatherings of all sort. It was non stop, he was a ruler of many planets, he knew what weight would be on his shoulders. However, he was starting to feel suffocated. Kylo suddenly stood up from his seat and walked right out without a word.

It wasn't unusual of him to do such a thing, his men were used to it and would carry on, knowing he would get word of what was discussed. Of course, nothing could be decided without his consent.

Kylo felt overwhelmed, his mind was fuzzy and he couldn't focus. He had never been this busy before with all that he had taken on. Kylo knew he could do it, he had many supporters including the most important—his family—but even then, he was only human. He could only take so much at a time.