Twenty Four

Resurfacing from the water and taking in a deep breath, Kylo soon had done the same and caught your attention. A sudden outburst of laughter left your lungs at the sight of him. His hair was like a black mop on his head, covering most of his face before he dipped his head back into the water to push it all back.

"Didn't think you'd jump so easily." Kylo said as the two of you kept yourselves afloat.

"Why not?" You tilted your head. "Just because I'm a princess doesn't mean I can't be a daredevil." You smiled as Kylo faintly blushed in embarrassment.

"That's not what I— Never mind." He cleared his throat.

"The water is lovely." You said, eyeing your surroundings. "Thank you for taking me here." Smiling, you looked over at him.

"It was one of my favorite places as a child. Although... my parents didn't like for me to dive in unless my... father was with me." Kylo nearly mumbled as you smiled, wondering about his family and whether or not he was in contact with them.

"Well, now you can dive with me." You teased, earning a small smile from Kylo. You were enjoying the fact that he was becoming more expressive around you, showing other emotions that weren't anger or annoyance... rather, happiness.

"Yes, of course." He lowly spoke, keeping his focus elsewhere rather than on you. But you kept your eyes on him, watching as his eyes glowed under the bright sun, how his hair exposed his large ears... and how his skin looked so hypnotizing with the beads of water dripping.

Biting your lower lip, you shyly looked away, not wanting to stare any longer as a silence had weaved between the two of you. You wondered if he looked at you the way you looked at him. You knew he was handsome, knew he was an eye pleaser, but you didn't expect yourself to fall for him. At all. Maybe in the future after your marriage... but, within those weeks you had been around him—although turbulent—more and more of Kylo was being exposed. Those raw emotions he kept hidden that you wanted to see come to life.

Letting out an inaudible sigh, you looked back at Kylo. Eager to say something, to get a conversation out of him, you opened your mouth but nothing came out. You wanted to know him better, to know why he joined the First Order. Why he was the Supreme Leader. You were oblivious to a lot but you knew you weren't the only one in the galaxy.

Feeling your eyes on him, Kylo looked over at you, a faint blush on your cheeks as if you were caught staring. Just before you could look away, Kylo suddenly brought you closer to him as either of you tried keeping yourselves floating. Hearing your breath hitch the moment your body collided with his, his lips connected with your own.

Freezing in your spot for a moment as your heart sank, the heat rose to your face. It was like the first kiss you two shared, except this time, you were quick to reciprocate it. You didn't want him leaving you so suddenly like before. No, instead, your hand held the back of his head as you kissed back, keeping him there with you for as long as you could.

Gently pushing back, afraid of drowning, you took in deep breaths, looking up at Kylo and seeing he was bothered by the matter that you had cut it short. "Now you know how I felt when you cut our first kiss short." You said as Kylo's eyes suddenly widened, a smile growing on your lips as you slipped from him and swam back to shore.

Floating there for a moment with round eyes, Kylo blinked, snapping out of it before following you out. His heart was racing rather swiftly within his chest, faster than it had all the other times before. He felt himself grow antsy, body now eager for your touch no matter what it was. Whether a simple brush or another kiss, he suddenly found himself needing more.

Watching you squeeze the excess water from your hair as you shined underneath the sunlight like a space angel, Kylo reached to the shore and rushed over to you, anxious to just hold you in some way. To make skin to skin contact. He needed you and he needed to feel you.