Chapter 18

Authors Note:

Happy late new year and merry Christmas!!!

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while it was really hard year last year (still not use to it) I was diagnosed with depression and social anxiety so I have been seeing a psychologist. So I hope you enjoy this chapter even though I know you guys wont read this author note. I'm going to be adding a play-list of what music I listen to.

Also if you guys could please PM me a cover for my story that would be awesome. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

So should I keep writing author notes? yes/no

~Lauren

Chapter 18

Iris POV

I land on the ground making loud thud that echos throughout the unknown forest. "Mum" I whisper, hoping that she would hear me but knowing that she died protecting me.

I'm an orphan now. I have no parents, no father to say everything is going to be ok when I'm hurt and down, no mother to help me find something I lost. And now I have lost everything.

I curl up in fetal position on the forest floor sobbing for what feels like years is only minutes. My vision is blurred but my goal is as clear as crystal. I will avenge my parents death even if it means I die killing the ruthless tyrant Galbatorax.

For I have nothing to lose now.

The heavy buffeting wind wakes me up. I have no clue where I am. My legs are tied to some sort of saddle. A very big saddle, bigger than some of the biggest of horses. I keep my eyes shut because I can feel and sense someone behind me.

I'm just not a hundred percent sure who it is, I can tell someone is behind me because their is an arm around me keeping me steady. My cloak isn't on me any more and from what I can tell all of my weapons have been taken away because I cant feel the familiar feeling of my bow and swords on my back and my belt of throwing knives are not on. The only weapon that I have on me is my tiny dagger which is in my bra and is strictly for emergency's.

Well I guess it is an emergency.

I open my eyes only to close them from the bright sun. I slowly open them again to see that I'm on a red dragon..Hang on RED DRAGON.

The black rider must be the one who got me.

"I know your awake" black rider guy said creepily.

"Well that's not creepy at all" I reply sarcastically.

"Might as well get the introductions over before reach Dras-Leona, my name is Murtagh and my dragon's name is Thorn" Black rider or Murtagh says.

I stay silent thinking of a way to escape. Maybe I should use fire to burn the ropes and use air to fly away that way I can reach the group in know time. I estimate that I have been knocked unconscious for half a day. My energy may be wasted but its my only shot.

Summoning a little bit of fire I make sure the fire comes from my legs burning the rope without Murtagh or Thorn noticing. The ropes are loose enough for me to escape now. Murtagh is still holding onto me as much as I am comfortable I need to leave now.

I slowly grab out my knife from top making sure he isn't looking at me. I grasp the hilt and stab Murtagh in his arm and leave it there while he screams surprised.

I quickly jump off of Thorn and sail downwards towards where the army camp is moving. Using light I make myself invisible while still using air to keep m,e afloat.

I search over the men who are bustling out of the spine. I watch trying to spot my weapons. A good thirty men walk pass where I'm hovering until I spot a man on a horse with my bag filled with my weapons I can tell its mine because the bag is small and is a dirty brown colour with my name sown on it.

I look up to see Murtagh and Thorn coming down to land most likely to tell the other men. I zoom down landing on both feet and quickly maneuver my way towards my bag. I grab my bag hearing many shouts and yells.

I quickly run back in the spine and away from the army, Murtagh and thorn. I keep running at the speed of a half elf can run. Which is very far. The scenery blurs a I continue to run that is until I crash into someone of course.

I tumble to the ground as well as whomever I knocked over.

I look up to see familiar warm brown eyes like chocolate looking at me.

Authors Note:

Ok so I hope you enjoyed and because I'm bored can someone please tell/comment a good story on wattpad or a book in general?

Please

Vote

Follow

And Comment

~Lauren