Chapter 10 (edited)

Authors Note:

Ok wow just wow 352 people reading I think my writing is ok if it has attracted that many fans, ok so what do you think of the previous chapter?? Ok I see how it is no answers I hear crickets and now they will be in your head bugging you…Just kidding.

Please:

Comment

Vote

Follow

And read any of my other stories. (You don’t have to but please check them out)

~Lauren

Iris POV

The feeling of darkness swallows me trying to consume me, I fight back as hard as I can until I freeze in cold fear of what crosses my vision.

The Varden's camp grounds are covered in fire people screaming in agony and despair as the fearsome black dragon roars in delight at what he has done to the camp grounds.

Eragon and Saphira join in to protect what is left of the Varden, The black dragon swoops in and takes a woman with black skin and black hair from the main pavilion.

I try to yell at Eragon and Saphira to follow them but nothing comes out of my mouth, I watch in horror as the woman is taken away, as Eragon and Saphira try to reach out to her I see myself putting out all of the flames my eyes are burning with desperation as I watch her get taken away. Myself in the vision uses all of her strength and puts out all of the fires, but the look in her and my eyes conveys that she’s going to explode from the effort of keeping one element inside for too long.

I watch as I see myself lift up into the air to prevent anyone from getting hurt and let the fire explode outwards aiming at the two dragons and the two people.

The vision goes away into another, I see Eragon fighting the king but is slowly losing his battle the black woman was strapped to the stone and an elf that looks awfully familiar is pushed to the ground with another man.

Saphira and a red dragon have been forced to their knees by the king’s power, that’s when I rush in with all my weapons floating in the air pointing at the king. The king smirks at me as I say “Don’t hurt them it’s me you want not them”.

The king walks over to me and holds my chin and says “Once I enslave you, you will have to kill them anyway”.

The vision suddenly goes away replaced with a numb feeling, searching through my memories I remember having to leave the clearing because of the soldiers nearby, I remember flying in the air with Akira.

The memories of the arrow with poison and falling. I can't remember what happened after then.  My body feels numb, using my earth power even though I still feel weak I use it and I can feel the presence of Eragon, Kai, Akira and some elf people. We must be in an eleven town of the sort. I can faintly hear the elves chanting in unknown language that I hear Eragon mutter here and there.

The chanting stops abruptly, I feel my body healing by itself at alarming rates with a quickness that only happens for elves or shades. Letting all of my elements burn out the rest of the poison, I hear collective of gasps.

Still unable to open my eyes I can't see what they would be gasping at, opening my eyes slowly I see that I’m in room that looks like it’s made out of a tree, the bed I'm laying in is the comfiest bed I have ever laid on for a good year, it has nice wooden and nature feel to it.

I look to see Eragon, Kai, Akira, and two beautiful elven ladies standing over my bed with a look of shock plastered on their face.

Deciding to speak up I ask in a croaky voice “What are you all staring at me for?”

The taller of the two elven ladies regally walks over to me with raven black hair pulled into and elegant side braid, she has stunning wide set green eyes, wearing an elegant looking swan dress with many feathers and has the same stone necklace as my mothers.

“Iris we are looking at you because you look like a half elf and exactly like my twin sister Adurnae who was thought to be missing, you my dear are my niece and are of elven royalty, my name is Queen Islanzadi’”.

My mouth opens in shock of what I just heard but it makes perfect sense my mother at times did look elven and the way she could use magic in a foreign language which I found impossible to learn due to me having natural powers or ability’s in the elements. The way my mother would look at times like she is hiding behind a painful mask to make her look human and keep her drugged up so she couldn’t use magic to get out.

It all made perfect sense all of the puzzle pieces started to make sense, my mother had been drugged up and couldn’t use magic but she managed to hide my elven looks to prevent me from being caught ever since birth she was protecting me and risked everything knowing that one day I will know who my true identity is and to stop the king.

Authors Note:

So what do you think?

Ok I will try to update sometime next weekend that’s if I don’t get homework, you know how it is they give you homework when you really don’t need it.

Update: Either on Friday, Saturday or Sunday if I'm lucky.

Please read one of my other stories if you like them anyway.

Comment

Vote

And Follow

~Lauren