Chapter 16

Authors Note:

Sorry for the late update...1000 reads we made it yay!!! I'm so excited, over the moon even. Ok , ok i got that out of my system.

Please read any of my other stories if you like them of course, Follow, Vote, and Comment any ideas for the next chapter if you want to.

From now on i will be updating every second weekend.

~Lauren

Chapter 16

Iris POV

I walk away from Elesmera with Akira, Kai, Eragon, and Arya. We walk onwards towards the edge of the forest the beautiful trees become smaller as we continue in silence.

As we reach the end I see Blodgharm and two other elves. The one to the left of Blodgharm is a female elf with dark blonde hair thats tied up in a braid to the left, she is wearing a similar outfit to what I'm wearing but instead hers is brown. Her eyes are silver like the moon.

I shift my gaze to the elf to the right of Blodgharm,  my green eyes meet with the male elf with grey eyes and black shaggy hair that reaches just below his tipped elf ears. He is also wearing similar attire but his is black. I wonder why everyone is wearing the same outfit?

Blodgharm walks towards us in his blue attire, he strides confidently towards Eragon. " The queen has sent us to guard and protect you for the upcoming battle" he says while both the two elves beside him bow along with Blodgharm.

Eragon looks down at the three elves and shifts his feet uncomfortably. I pull my hood over my head suddenly feeling cold.

Eragon talks to the three elves in their language,  Akira and Kai are communicating with their eyes and smirking evily at one another. Which is never good sign with them two god only knows what their planning.

Arya has joined in with the elves conversation leaving me by myself with my thoughts.

Saphira is flying above the forest because its too difficult for her to maneuver her body.

The forest has become more darker now, the sun barely giving any warmth and light.

Summoning fire and air I heat up the air around me, making me feel warmer stopping my shivering.

I look back over to where Eragon and now four elves arguing by the looks of it. To me Eragon seems to have a crush on Arya from what I saw at the training grounds.

I sigh maybe I should back away from Eragon he clearly loves Arya.  I'm just a pawn in a big game where everyone needs me instead of actually wanting me to be there. It hurts I admit as such but it would be good to feel like someone cares and loves me like mother did.

My life is so messed up. I sit down on a log next to a tree not caring if its wet. The cold wind becomes harsher but instead of shivering I shrug it off the cold never really bothered me much.

I let go of fire and air feeling drained. The cold wind is still roaring like no tommorow.  I wish someone would notice how alone I feel and protect me from the harsh world  but I know that would never happen.

Eragon and the elves have suddenly stopped talking, I look over at them confused as to why they stopped talking. Eragon's arms are tense and in one quick motion grabs his sword Brisinger out as quick as lightning.  The elves follow suit.

Akira and Kai are standing next to the elves looking confused but drawed out their weapons as well. Akira's being her daggers one in each hand, Kai has his sword drawn and ready.

I walk over next to Eragon and stand next to him. I grab my elven sword off my back and grab my other sword from my belt. I cross my swords in front of me waiting for whatever or whomever to approach.

Authors Note :

Sorry for the delayed update hope you enjoy.

So whom or what do you think is going to appear? ?

If you can guess right I will dedicate you to the next chapter and if you have a story I will also put it in my authors note.

Please

Follow

Comment

Vote

~ Lauren