Chapter 1 (edited)

AUTHORS NOTE

Ok first chapter I know have been slacking off so if you would like to be character please comment or inbox details.

I would love some feedback and vote if you want to

~Lauren

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

Iris' POV

It was just another ordinary day, the fateful day when my father Durza was killed.

Because my dad was loyal to the king we lived in the castle with the king that and because my mother was always drugged  we could never escape.

I never got tortured by the king for he didn't want me broken that and my dad put up dark wards that the king cannot cross otherwise the king would be dead.

The king continuously tried to break the wards but the only way the wards to break were if my dad were killed.

Ok I have to stop thinking about this for the memories of what happened still scared me to this very day.

Anyway that day was less then a year ago, and now I'm fifteen and hiding in the spine.

As I walk back to the clearing I look up at the beautiful sky,"To bad I can't enjoy it" I mumble to myself as I look at the tall and forbidding trees of the spine.

I still haven't found any food these past couple of days, considering its the middle of winter the animals are hiding and food produce scarce.

I guess it doesn't help that the kings men are looking for me in every town it makes sneaking into villages and getting food a lot harder.

The wind starts to pick up as I trek closer to a small village called Therinsford where I will hopefully get some food from there.

My dark almost purple blue eyes look upon the town, I look down at my clothes I'm wearing black leather leggings with black lace up combat boots my black leather corset top with my brown woolen cloak with the hood covering my hair and hopefully my strange looking features, my magic or as I like to call them abilities, which are very limited are the following; turn into a shadow at night (or dark invisibility), the power of light which means I can turn invisible during light, power of the elements (earth, fire, water, and air).

So yeah I'm very limited with my powers the only thing that makes me different is I don't use the ancient language that and my mind barrier cannot be entered by the king that's what makes me so special.

I put my hair back covering my ears in the process . I grab my back pack off the ground and unzip it so that I can grab my belt that has all of my throwing knives, I grab the belt out and buckle around my waist and make sure all of the knives are hidden and then I bend down and grab my little money to buy food on emergency's.

I zip up my pack which has all of my supplies and weapons and my mothers necklace before she died.

I put my back pack on and walk out of the comforting forest of the spine and into the bustling village.

I look around at all the people in the market place they don't even glance at me as I walk around looking for food, some of the villagers do glance here and there but otherwise no one has recognized me so far and there not many guards that and they seem very lazy and not bothering to check peoples identity that and there seems to be no magicians among the villagers or the guards that I know of.

I walk up to a stand that sells bread, the old woman who works at the stand looks up from her knitting and asks " Would you like some bread Iris daughter of Durza and Adurnae?"