Chapter 6 (edited)

Authors Note:

OMG 100 reads thanks peoples of the world, ummm... thanks for all the votes it is much appreciated.

so please vote, follow and comment I would love to know feedback on whether I'm doing good or not so please comment I would like to know what you think and if you would like to be a character please let me know by Sunday.

thanks :)

~Lauren

Chapter 6

Iris POV

"That's ok Iris, where did you get those wounds from and why?" Eragon asks curiously as both of us dry off near our bags. Eragon's eyes burn with curiosity his warm brown eyes melting me as I met his gaze shaking off the feeling.

"Its a long story really maybe its best you go through my memories the ones that are not got a lock on them" I say

"Are you sure though I don't want to pry or anything like that I mea-" I cut him off short "Its ok I allow you to go in my mind so that you understand all I ask is that you have an open mind and to not judge me too harshly"

Eragon nods his head his damp brown hair flicking water onto me a little, I slowly let my walls down. Eragon's mind touches my mind carefully and I show him the memories of my mother and father and how my powers work, I show him all the things that has happened to me over the year living in the spine until the ending of the battle with those soldiers I killed.

I didn't realize I was crying until Eragon wiped the tears that were sliding down my face, I close my mind and put the walls back up and I just start to full out sob. All of the memories that have been haunting me for years all come flooding back, I cover my eyes with my hands not wanting to see Eragon's judging expression as he realizes who my dad is, instead I get the opposite.

Eragon moves my hands away from my face but me being stubborn I try to move my hands back to my face but it was no use he had an iron grip.

I avert my gaze back to the lake and to see Saphira diving into to the water her scales throwing a range of deep blue scales shining the light everywhere. Saphira looked really magnificent I had only just met her a hour ago after getting out of the lake she is really nice and she did apologize for almost burning me, she only did it to protect her rider which I find really cute.

I look back to Eragon his still looking at me but what shocks me is that he his face shows a caring and friendly expression on his face.

"Its ok" that's all he has to say to make the waterworks come back usually I never cry but I guess its something to do within Eragon he just make me feel like I wont be judged which makes me be who I truly am on the inside.

Eragon pulls me into a warm embrace as I cry on his shoulder the warm tingly feeling  I get when I'm around Eragon calms me down. I stop crying. "Thanks" I say.

"That's ok did you want to join the Varden with me because I will be heading that way tonight, I understand if you don't want to go though, we should be there in three days if were quick enough" Eragon offers looking at me attentively.

I think about it should I continue running from the empire or fight alongside the Varden? So many possibilities are running though my mind. I look back at Eragon and say " I will join the Varden with you"

Eragon looks surprised then happy. "When are we leaving?" I ask. "Oh ummm, I guess know would be good just make sure you gather all your stuff and we will ride on Saphira that way we will get to the Varden quicker".

Eragon goes and grabs all of his bags and I grab mine using air I dry both me and Eragon.

Eragon straps the bags onto Saphira who is now licking at her claws, Eragon jumps onto Saphira's saddle with ease. I look up at where the saddle is its really high I guess I still have a fear of heights. Instead of jumping I use air to move me up in front of Eragon I plop down on the saddle, I look over Saphira to the ground my vision blurring from how high we are.

Eragon straps me into the saddle and moving his hands to the spike, as Saphira moves further up into the air the movement shocks me.

Still feeling scared I hide my face into Eragon's chest, Eragon and Saphira chuckle while I'm still sitting there scared.

Eragon's scent wafts up my nose as the same tingly feeling comes over me, he smells like pine and wood. The scent lulls me to sleep as the sunsets.

Authors Note:

So what do you think?

vote

follow

and comment

thanks

~Lauren