Chapter 4 (edited )

Authors Note:

ok so I think this is going to be an interesting chapter this is when they finally meet yay.

~Lauren

Iris POV (3 hours after sleeping and when the soldiers order)

I wake up hearing a twig snapping behind my makeshift shelter, so they did end up searching for me I think to myself.

Silently I strap my throwing knives on my belt making sure there secure and easy to grab and use. I grab my backpack grabbing my two elven swords that have curves that goes inwards  with a deadly sharp end with wards that have been placed on them, strapping them cross ways on my back. Taking my cloak off as to not ruin the finery of the craftsmanship for there is not point when the soldiers know who I am.

I then put my pack of quivers on my back with bow in hand and with the two packs I have empty except the food I grab my mothers necklace and put it on, grabbing my bow I put one quiver and knock it while slinging the pack on one of my shoulders.

I walk out of the shelter and look around sensing with my earth magic there are twelve soldiers surrounding the clearing thinking that I want be able to see them in the dark.

These soldiers aren't really that smart I muse to myself, as I can see each of them struggling to see around them, summoning my dark element I turn into and become the dark as I walk toward the first soldier and knock the arrow right into his chest a look of shock crosses the soldier and then peace as he dies.

The other soldiers are yelling for they still cant see me but they saw the soldier die, my energy starting to drain I quickly put my bow on my shoulders while drawing both of my eleven made swords then I let the energy go and become visible to the soldiers.

The soldiers rush at me with drawn swords I take three down eight more to go. One of the soldiers stabs me near my stomach,  I scream in pain as the sword goes through, searing hot pain courses through my body as the soldier yanks the sword out of my stomach.

Crying from the pain I summon fire  and all of the soldiers scream in pain I only managed to get six of them dead, as the fire goes down my muscles straining to hold my arms up, the two soldiers rush at me I stab one in the shoulder but instead of screaming the man laughs and says "You will never win the king will send more of us"

How can he not be hurting I mean it hurt like hell when I got shot in the shoulder he must be very strong to not scream in pain, unless he is one of the men the king put a spell on thats the only reasonable explanation.

Ripping the sword covered in blood I stab him in the heart, the last soldier looks at me in fear as he stumbles to run away for his life.

Looking down at my stomach wound seeing its soaked through my top using my earth power I heal it until I feel weak, and the wound has become a scab.

Grabbing a roll out of the pack I eat it feeling ravenous after all the energy I spent, I slowly feel my energy coming back. I look at all the carnage I caused all the dead bodies littered in a circle.

Feeling sick I walk away traveling as far as I can until I find a suitable clearing far from this one with both eleven swords clean from the water as I walk past. I continue walking in the storm and as the wind starts to make loud howling noises as I continue walking.

As I walk closer to this clearing my wounds reopen in my thigh, shoulder and stomach it feels like my blood is burning.

All of sudden a loud crash that feels like the ground is shaking putting my eleven swords away I grab my bow and knock my arrow as I walk into the clearing, I see a dragon with beautiful sapphire scales and ivory spikes and teeth and a beautiful Sapphire eyes looks down at me.

I then look at the young handsome man on the sapphire dragon, hang on handsome where the hell did that thought come from?!

The young man is wearing a winter cloak and tunic and pants on with warm looking combat boots, with a lean and agile body he has angular looking eyes and eyebrows like an elf. His eyes are a nice warm brown with brown messy hair in a good way.

The man also has a sword still feeling weak I draw my bow aiming at the man, I let the quiver fly in the air aiming at the man.

The man looks shocked that I would shot at him but brushes it off, instead of the arrow hitting in the chest the quiver drops by an unseen force and drops in the air.

My vision starts to blur a little the dragon hisses at me and shoots flames at me growling viciously, blocking the fire using the air around me like a shield the dragon stopping thinking that I was fried was shocked that I didn't get fried.

Feeling extremely weak the ground rushes towards me I hear the young man drop off the dragon yelling something that doesn't make sense as the fog in my mind takes over. I drift into unconsciousness.

Authors Note:

Yay finished chapter 4 finally, ok umm.. so send me feed back and vote if you want to. I will be updating next weekend or Friday.

Thanks Bye for now

~Lauren