Chapter 12

Authors Note:

500 people reading yay yay! you guys are amazing to be reading this story. So please continue to read this lovely book or any of my other books.

Please

Vote

Comment/Feedback

Follow (I don't bite and I follow back)

~Lauren

Chapter 12

Iris POV

I walk out of my room to see a couple of other rooms both on the left and right there is a staircase that spirals down to the bottom of the tree level. There seems to be no one around, I walk down the stairs quietly trying not to alert anyone. I reach the bottom of the stairs, feeling the need to use my powers wondering whether I will be stronger than I was now that I know I'm half elf half shade.

Using both light and dark I turn invisible my power doesn't feel like its draining me like it usually would so I open the door to be greeted by bright sunshine, there are lots of beautiful elves all different ages but there seems to be only two kids from what I can see.

I walk through the crowd none of the elves have spotted me or noticed my magic signature which is weird. I walk over to the training field by instinct as I walk past all of the tree houses of course. The training field has lots of elves training I even managed to spot Arya, Eragon, Kai and Akira. Eragon and Arya are sparing really scary like, and Akira and Kai are sparing like idiots as per usual.

I watch them for a bit, I walk around the training grounds still invisible I see two elves sparing one out of the two has blue fur, yellow eyes , a built body and sharp teeth. The other elf has black hair and slanted blue eyes and seems to be the stronger out of the two I watch carefully and calculating.

When there battle is finished I let go of both dark and light power surprising the two of them. "Oh, umm sorry to intrude I was wondering if one of you could spar with me" I ask.

The one with blue fur looks at me strangely and says "I wont be able to spar with you this second but I'm sure Vanir would be able to, also what is your name I haven't seen you here before?"

"Oh sorry my name is Iris Drottning my mother was Adurnae, what is your name?" I say. Both of the elves look shocked from what I said, the weirdest thing happened though they bowed and said something in their foreign language and look at me expectantly.

Confused I look around to see all of the elves had stopped what they were doing and all mumbled something and bowed too, not knowing what to do I say "I'm sorry I cannot understand what your saying but you may rise and continue what your doing".

The elves do whatever their doing and fur wolf elf and Vanir look at me now standing, "My name is Blodhgarm and how come you don't know the elven language when you must have used it to turn invisible?" fur wolf elf that is called Blodhgarm asks.

 A sigh escapes me looks like I have to tell them who my father is without anyone else hearing. "Do you think you can keep a secret?" I ask, they both nod their heads in unison. Reaching out my mind to both of them I attack both of their barriers and yell at them before they could attack me ITS IRIS DONT ATTACK! they both shut up and I show them the memories of my father Durza. I quickly retreat into my on mind letting them pond over what I just showed them. 

Blodhgarm looks down at me and says "That explains a lot I'm so sorry I will not tell anyone, but I do have to go now so goodbye"  Blodhgarm walks off to god knows where I look over to Vanir to see him have a thoughtful look at me and says "Well we better see how good you are weapons then shall we" he gestures at me and we both get into fighting stances I grab both of my swords out while Vanir just uses his one.

Pushing away one of my stray hairs out of the way waiting for Vanir to notice which he does and takes the opportunity to slash at me which I block in a quick movement of my left sword. We both circle each other waiting for an opening, calming all of my thoughts I think of my power of light and then realize what I can do to win.

Deciding to keep moving to the left Vanir looks slightly confused but covers it with a mask, he slashes at my feet making me back flip out of the way. Vanir smirks slightly and slashes at my hip making me wince in pain to only be fueled by anger feeling my elements come out to play all of my powers rush through me and onto my blade light, dark, fire, earth, air and water cover it making it look like lightning on my swords. My hair floats out of its braid turning into the elements my eyes flash into a rainbow colour I look at Vanir calmly with all the elements still in control.

Vanir looks at me scared so he should be with lightning quick reflexes I move with the speed of light  and turn around Vanir and put him in a headlock with both swords at his neck. I say to him mockingly "Well it looks like I won you are defiantly a good swordsman but not as good as me".

I walk away from Vanir and the crowd of elves that had only now that I realized were surrounding us. I let go of my elements feeling weak I see a familiar face that looks like Eragon comes rushing over to me as I start to feel dizzy.

I look down at my hip to see that its still bleeding heavily, I fall to the ground in agony and pass out from exhaustion.

Authors Note:

Yes I know my character Iris keeps passing out but she is only getting used to her new powers and well she can be stupid sometimes.

Ok thanks for the many reads and votes all I ask is that you follow, comment, and vote as per usual.

Next update: either Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

~Lauren